A-10C Discussion

McBlemmen

Lol I like how the article say the a10 sustained critical damage during a aerial refueling operation then does a 180 talking about surface to air missiles. What ever happened it should be expected our birds will take damage when they are down getting their noses bloody.

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

I flew the Canadair CRJ-200 for 3 years. It has the same engines as the A-10. I have also experienced a high pressure turbine failure. It was right at rotation as we put the gear handle up.

Twin engine jet aircraft do very well single engine but having one come apart on you in an active combat zone would add a whole new level of concern to the situation.

Win 10 64bit; 32 GB DDR4 3200 Ram; ASUS MoBo; 1TB SSD;Intel i7 8700K; GTX 1080ti 11GB; Thrustmaster Warthog;Odyssey + VR

Hey guys, sorry to bring in another topic but I have some questions about A-10C modern armament that some of you might be able to shed some light on?

So the LAU-88 is rarely ever seen on the A-10 nowadays, is it completely out of use?

From what I can gather (which is spotty at best) is that the LAU-88 is not favoured because of drag and also that the Mavs mounted on the outboard pylon on the LAU-88 would damage the TGP when fired. It all seems reasonable, is it correct or are there more/other reasons for not using the LAU-88?

The same goes for the TER for bombs I guess, you never see modern A-10s loaded with bombs on TERs.

Have I understood it correct if it goes something like

-Mavs only on LAU-117 and only on stations 3 and 9.

-Bombs (both guided and unguided) never on TERs and only on stations 4, 5, 7 and 8. Sometimes on station 6 but never if something is mounted on stations 5 and 7.

The only other instances I've seen bombs mounted on any other station than 4-8 seems to be for testing. What I don't know about this are the reasons for doing it like this. Simpler to load things this way? Aerodynamics? Any input would be much appreciated :)

Cheers!

CNN - Will the Pentagon kill off the Warthog?

Tuscon, Arizona (CNN)The A-10 Thunderbolt II is a lumbering, old airplane. Taking its first flight in 1975, it was not designed for air-to-air combat like the F-15 Eagle. It's not sleek or stealthy like the F-22 Raptor. It has never taken a leading role in Hollywood blockbusters like the F-14 Tomcat or F/A-18 Hornet. But what it lacks in performance and good looks, it makes up for with pure brute punching power. If the F-15 is the Tom Brady of the Air Force, the A-10 is Lawrence Taylor. It is arguably one of the most important post-9/11 aerial fighters in the United States arsenal. It is also close to being put out to pasture.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/07/politics/a-10-warthog-combat-plane-cuts/index.html

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | ASUS TUF GeForce RTX 4090 OC | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

A-10 CAS in-cockpit vid

short vid of some cockpit footage of some CAS and various weapons implementation

• Like 4

Rig: intel i9-9900kf @ 1.21 gigawatts of electricity | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming

Nice!, thanks.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

FAN-FREAKIN'-TASTIC!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

D*mn dude, that is awesome!!!

thanks for the post! :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Is that a new helmet they were wearing in the video?

The A-10 version of the JHMCS. There is a thread somewhere that we talk about it.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=93399&highlight=A-10+JHMCS

I guess is called HMIT

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

HMCS (Helmet Mounted Cueing System)

You did tell me three years ago the same thing, sorry I forgot.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1524315&postcount=9862

To whom it may concern,

How the A-10 Warthog became 'the most survivable plane ever built'.

Here is a nice lesson video about the CAS.

Why and how the A-10 is the best to help the troops;

Also for F-35 lovers, this video shows why they can't retire the A-10. An A-10 is very important for troops, it is really important plane in the battlefield too.

175th_Wing_-_A-10_Thunderbolt_IIs_Warfield_Air_National_Guard_Base_Maryland.jpg

175th Wing at Warfield Air National Guard Base Maryland. photo by Wiki.

in the video Pierre Sprey (member, A-10 design team) talks about the A-10 and CAS. also how the A-10 can help the troops and why you don't need a fast plane

11203067_758138180951324_519958399776330448_n.jpg?oh=5928327ed21fde91de5aae29fe2537b9&oe=5605A058

photo by "Save the A-10" on Facebook, the autor is unknown. (if you know tell me please)

OBS: this gonna be my first thread about it, if there is something wrong, sorry. :(

Edited by Vitormouraa