DCS: P-40F Kittyhawk at IWM VE Day Anniversary Air Show

Ells228

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had a mad busy time at work since getting back and on my to do list but I have a conference call tonight about another exciting future project bringing air war to the ground ;)

So will get on it in next few days :)

I don't know if I like all the new stuff except the P-40. I don't like the Idea that DCS might go the War Thunder road with US Navy and to-late-for-war planes fight my 109 :/

Why not make Typhoons. Tempest, P-38 instead? If Navy planes, give us some Japanese planes also!

To be fair, I think LuSi_6 has a point. Lets face it, the WWII plane set and theatre of operations is not very 'joined up' in its delivery at the moment. However, I understand there are reasons for that and we just have to wait for the WWII project to come together and be thankful that DCS at least do have a WWII project in hand, even if not under ideal conditions. I am still waiting to see if DCS can actually deliver on Edge and create the conditions for good WWII combat simulation, particularly in MP for squads and community team action.

Top of my wish list is that Edge is a success, particularly air-to-air visibility, WWII maps and a Hawker Tempest MkV.

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

Actually they are basically sticking with UK planes. That's fine I suppose, but in the case of WW2 they will have to at least create some AI axis planes for their stuff to fight. It's impossible to create a decent mission for a P-40F with the only axis planes being an Fw-190D9 and Bf-109K. The problem thankfully doesn't extend beyond WW2 due to the MiG-15, MiG-21 and FC3 planes.

• ED Team
Actually they are basically sticking with UK planes. That's fine I suppose, but in the case of WW2 they will have to at least create some AI axis planes for their stuff to fight. It's impossible to create a decent mission for a P-40F with the only axis planes being an Fw-190D9 and Bf-109K. The problem thankfully doesn't extend beyond WW2 due to the MiG-15, MiG-21 and FC3 planes.

From their Roadmap

DCS Warbirds Collection

Curtiss P-40F - Q2 2015 *

Grumman F8F Bearcat – Q2 2015 *

Supermarine Spitfire Mk XIV – Q3 2015 *

HA-1112 Buchon - Q3 2015 * <---- sort of but not so much

Hawker Typhoon

Grumman Wildcat - Q4 2015

Dehaviland Mosquito Mk IV

Dehaviland Mosquito Mk XVI

Messerchmitt Me109T

Supermarine Seafire 17

Hawker Sea Hurricane

Hawker Sea Hawk

Curtiss Hawk 75

Curtiss P-40C

Focke Wulf FW190A-8 / F-8

Messerschmitt Bf109-E4

North American A-36 Apache

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

The only time we will look at Ai units will be with our maps. You may get the odd ground unit with the modules but it is not planned for any Ai aircraft.

Most of our aircraft are British however we have a few that served with other nations including a couple of German ones.

As Sith said we focus on aircraft we have access to and have a passion to make. We are not into trying to make balanced scenarios between aircraft. We the most accurate simulations of our chosen aircraft we can, it's up to the mission makers to do the rest :)

Pman

The trouble is, a mission maker can't exactly create a Bf-109G2 to go up against your P-40F. I realize you are focusing on planes you want but these are combat planes, they need something to fight.;) A few well picked AI planes would go a very long ways to making your WW2 modules far more appealing.

The trouble is, a mission maker can't exactly create a Bf-109G2 to go up against your P-40F. I realize you are focusing on planes you want but these are combat planes, they need something to fight.;) A few well picked AI planes would go a very long ways to making your WW2 modules far more appealing.

The amount of time it takes to make an AI plane is not as quick as everyone seems to think.

Granted the model doesn't take that long to make, then the textures, then the animations but ah now we get to the flight model..."Yo Ells, that 109G2 you made doesn't fly like the real thing or like any German aircraft I know"

And therein lies the problem..do we even have access to a 109G2, do we have access to pilots that have flown them to realistic feedback, do we have pilot notes, tech manuals, aircraft performance data...the list goes on.

Simply, it is not viable to make AI aircraft to go with our modules, sorry guys.

There's plenty of aircraft coming out in the future from us and other developers that I don't think you'll be spoilt for choice shooting down.

Cheers,

C.

Well said !

Give them a finger they want your whole arm.

Each one his job, yours is to create accurate Warbirds, maybe some 3rd parties would focus on AI units one day, both air, land and sea ( sub-sea with the Caïman ? )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPL(A)IR ME/SEP/MEP/SET - CPL(H)

I can somewhat see both sides of that issue. I lean towards the "the more the merrier" side and love any new planes that come out and I don't really care what they are. I can put them in a mission if I want but I don't have to.

I think the issue some folks have is that if there isn't a good option to pit against the P-40 then there is no reason to fly the P-40 because you can't put it up against any kind of realistic opponent. There has to be an option to put in the game that is at least close to realistic and a decent match up.

Having said that, I for one am not too picky about the historical accuracy of the match ups. I just want it to be close and I don't want to get my hind parts handed to me every time I go up.

Keep up the good work though, Ells! I love all the progress!

http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can somewhat see both sides of that issue. I lean towards the "the more the merrier" side and love any new planes that come out and I don't really care what they are. I can put them in a mission if I want but I don't have to.

I think the issue some folks have is that if there isn't a good option to pit against the P-40 then there is no reason to fly the P-40 because you can't put it up against any kind of realistic opponent. There has to be an option to put in the game that is at least close to realistic and a decent match up.

Having said that, I for one am not too picky about the historical accuracy of the match ups. I just want it to be close and I don't want to get my hind parts handed to me every time I go up.

Keep up the good work though, Ells! I love all the progress!

Thats the thing, P-40F vs 109k and Dora IS a realistic match, it happened alot in the closing stages of the war

Pman

• ED Team

I think the P-40 was just getting replaced in the European theatre when the Dora and K-4 version we have were coming into service... so its not too far fetched to believe they crossed paths... sounds like if you were in a P-40 you really dint want cross paths with them though :)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Yeah throughout 1944 P-40F's were being replaced by P-47's on the most part, however 64-66th Aggressor (from memory) were still using P-40f's while the transfer happened throughout the year.

I have some records somewhere of ground kills on 109k's and some doras, if they scored kills on the ground then I cant believe they didnt come across them in the air ;)

Pman

To be fair, I think LuSi_6 has a point. Lets face it, the WWII plane set and theatre of operations is not very 'joined up' in its delivery at the moment. However, I understand there are reasons for that and we just have to wait for the WWII project to come together and be thankful that DCS at least do have a WWII project in hand, even if not under ideal conditions. I am still waiting to see if DCS can actually deliver on Edge and create the conditions for good WWII combat simulation, particularly in MP for squads and community team action.

Top of my wish list is that Edge is a success, particularly air-to-air visibility, WWII maps and a Hawker Tempest MkV.

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

Agreed. Don't get me wrong: while I may gripe about this-or-that aircraft and the choices the developers make, I am still happy they are making something. Now, do I disagree with some of the logic? Sure. Would I prefer to see things implemented in a particular order that may not agree with what the developers are doing? Absolutely. Am I shy about debating the developer's choices and letting my opinion be heard? Not even a little! I think it's important that the developers get feedback from their customers (even the most partisan of frothing fanboys ;) )

Regardless, while I may desire a P-38 ten times more than I want a Sea Fury, I still want the Sea Fury infinitely more than I want no new aircraft.

Keep up the good work, developers!

Agreed. Don't get me wrong: while I may gripe about this-or-that aircraft and the choices the developers make, I am still happy they are making something. Now, do I disagree with some of the logic? Sure. Would I prefer to see things implemented in a particular order that may not agree with what the developers are doing? Absolutely. Am I shy about debating the developer's choices and letting my opinion be heard? Not even a little! I think it's important that the developers get feedback from their customers (even the most partisan of frothing fanboys ;) )

Regardless, while I may desire a P-38 ten times more than I want a Sea Fury, I still want the Sea Fury infinitely more than I want no new aircraft.

Keep up the good work, developers!

That's just the thing, I would like the Sea Fury infinitely more than a P-38. Everybody is different in that sense and there really is no pleasing everybody. I would love a perfect balance of aircraft of course. But I would much rather developers didn't worry too much about that and instead just make the aircraft they are passionate about and have access too. This results in us getting a better product ultimately, and eventually things will likely come together anyway, we just need a bit of patience when it comes to DCS... It is worth it I think.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Exactly. Since they can't please everybody anyway, they might as well pop over to the RAF Museum and get started on a Sopwith Dolphin. :D

Dolphin.jpg

I can't be the only one that wants one.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Perfect rendevous

Why Not? Look who's smoking

Well guess when 2.0/NTTR comes out we will see this.

I will buy the P40. Loved the Flying Tigers since I was a kid. Love the Shark Mouth.

Actually, the P40 had a good kill ratio. You just have to Dive on your prey, pepper him good and extend.

Have the P51, 109 and 190. Looking forward to the Jug, Kittyhawk, Spitfire, Seafury, anything Carrier based.Corsair would be sweet. Love the warbirds. Flying these at this Sims FM is enough for me. I appreciate that it is possible.

nt0004.jpg.7b9f95565b618cccaad877e376678952.jpg

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

I'd buy it... right after the Lancaster :)

Cool. The first one to not flip it, and break their neck, on landing, wins. :P

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: