Su-33 PFM

archer86

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like the nose elevation feature that the F-5 has?

Nope, for the Su-33 this "high gain" must be something related to give some extra steering for the front wheel that allows better agility while maneuvering on the deck of the carrier.:smilewink:

Intel 8700K@4.7ghz(all cores) / 32Gb DDR4 /WD Black SN750 Heatsink 500gb (DCS Only) / MSI GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING Z 8G / Windows 10 PRO / VPC WarBRD Base + Warthog Stick + Foxx Mount / Thrustmaster TPR pedals / Thustmaster MFD / Thrustmaster Warthog throttle + Monstertech chair mount

Nope, for the Su-33 this "high gain" must be something related to give some extra steering for the front wheel that allows better agility while maneuvering on the deck of the carrier.:smilewink:

See this stuff confuses me because it is said like this is a new feature, like folding wings. My wings have folded on the Su-33 for as long as I can recall and currently I can turn the plane on a dime while maneuvering on deck. I cannot see how they could make the nose wheel steering any higher gain. It literally can almost turn within it's own radius, like a tank can, currently when on deck.

So what does this mean? These features have been having a slow roll out for well over a year or more?

I stumbled across some interesting facts on the Su-33 today. I read it can carry 8 R-77's so why doesn't this plane have that ability in the new PFM??

I wouldn't put much faith into data from such sites. AFAIK, there was no mention of any radar upgrade which would be necessary to operate the R-77, nor there are any photos showing the missiles on an Su-33.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I just tried the Su-33 in 1.5.7 and there have been several changes made already. :D Most notably the wings now fold a lot slower than before and the wire on the Admiral Kuznetsov now actually retracts slowly like what we saw in the F/A-18C video from E3. :D I haven't noticed any other changes but those are 2 that have made it so far. :D

Modules:

Owned:

P-51D, F/A-18C, AJS-37, NTTR, F-5E, M-2000C, Bf 109, Fw 190 D-9, F-86F, Mig-15Bis, A-10C, Combined Arms, Mi-8Mtv2, UH-1H, Black Shark 2, Mig-21Bis, FC3, F-14A/B, Mig-19, Spitfire, JF-17, Persian Gulf

Would Like to See:

Mig-29K, Su-24, Mig-25, J-8II, J-10 , Tornado

Specifications:

Windows 10 64Bit, i7-7700K 4.2Ghz, GTX 1080, 16Gb RAM, T.flight Stick X

I seem to recall that in the past, the wings would not fold if you were moving, like taxiing clear of the landing area. Maybe that is also one of the changes. I did notice, in 1.5, that the gear struts were reacting to the ship's movement while it was sitting on the deck.

Edited by AG-51_Razor
spelling

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Torso I believe we will see less dramatic NWS in the PFM -unless- the new high-gain option is enabled...in the current FM I think it's always on.

Not sure what they mean by improved wing folding...perhaps a more realistic animation? We'll see I guess. :)

In the video you can see he folds the wings while moving and that they fold at a slower speed with more constant motion.

"Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil. For I am 80,000 feet and climbing." -9th SRW Det. 1 Wing Ops, Kadena AFB, Okinawa, Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5-4460, 16GB of RAM, MSi GTX 970 Twin Frozr V, ASRock H97M Anniversary, 2x 1TB HDD, Fractal design Core 1100, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Corsair Vengeance K70, Razer Abyssus mouse, BenQ 1080P monitor.

Bump for interest

I thought the 33 update was coming out this week?

That change?

?

soon was mentioned but no date was given

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Su-33 news and DCS 1.5.7

July 7th/2017

"Currently in the Eagle Dynamics update hangar is our Su-33 for DCS World / Flaming Cliffs 3. This carrier-borne aircraft is in the final stages of receiving a big, FREE update that includes much improved flight dynamics and the addition of several new systems. This will bring our Su-33 much more aligned with its real-world counterpart.

Features of this upcoming Su-33 update include... etc etc etc

There was also a part about it being and testing and planned to be released to beta "next week" but that part has since been removed.

I assumed the 33 update was part of 1.5.7 update but I guess it isnt. :(

Su-33 news and DCS 1.5.7

I assumed the 33 update was part of 1.5.7 update but I guess it isnt. :(

Its not , they only changes they made was adding the cobra maneuver , Faster fuel burn and slower wing fold Ect. If you use the rudder the plane still yaws flat when doing this in the su-27 she will start to roll when you yaw. Hopefully in these next few weeks , we will have a PFM.

?

soon was mentioned but no date was given

They will release it when the model of carrier of Kuzniecov will be finished I suppose. So september or october I think.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I stumbled across some interesting facts on the Su-33 today. I read it can carry 8 R-77's so why doesn't this plane have that ability in the new PFM??

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sukhoi_Su-33

http://www.militaryfactory.com/aircraft/detail.asp?aircraft_id=196

IF Su-33 is R-77 capable then this is a new ability that may have been a part of the upgrade that was applied to some of the airframes. I doubt they'd fork out for new radar for them though so possibly incorporated the digital bypass channel found in Su-30MKK

As longs as I don't explode when I hit the deck right before the cables I'm good :D

Has anyone already tested it?

• Like 1

Fractal Design Meshify 2 XL | ASUS ROG Strix Z690-E Gaming WiFi | Intel i7-13700K | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Elite | 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-600 | MSI RTX 3080 12GB | Seasonic TX-850 | 2x Samsung EVO 970 Plus 2TB M.2 nvme | 2x Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 nvme | 2x Samsung EVO 860 1TB | Samsung EVO 870 4 TB | Acer XB241H | Win 11 Pro x64 | Røde NT-USB | Beyerdynamic DT-880 Edition 250Ω | Logitech G502 Proteus RGB | Corsair K70 | Corsair MM300 PRO | TM Warthog Throttle | VIRPIL WarBRD w/ Warthog grip | VIRPIL VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base w/ VIRPIL MongoosT-50CM2 grip | VIRPIL MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Mk. IV Ultimate | SLAW Device Viper RX v2 | Winwing VIPER MIP | Track IR 5 & TrackClipPRO 

As longs as I don't explode when I hit the deck right before the cables I'm good :D

:megalol: +1

ED tester team:D

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

IF Su-33 is R-77 capable then this is a new ability that may have been a part of the upgrade that was applied to some of the airframes. I doubt they'd fork out for new radar for them though so possibly incorporated the digital bypass channel found in Su-30MKK

Reading here and there, R-77 support was introduced with the export version Su-33MK (prototype for China), later some Su-33 airframes received the update (MLU?)

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

I have with what was done in the 1.5.7 update. Exploding still happens unfortunately. I just crashed after fighting 2 F-4E's a few minutes ago. I was going 290 kmh and descending at -6 m/s. I exploded as soon as I touched down. I also tried once earlier at a descent of -5 m/s. I exploded then too. I have also touched down successfully with those parameters yesterday so it's where I touched the deck, not how.

So far you still have to touched down at just the right point, at just the right speed, at just the right angle, at just the right descent not to spontaneously explode. I hope it'll work a little better later on where, if you do something wrong you'll damage the plane but won't necessarily explode just because.

Edited by kelpie

Modules:

Owned:

P-51D, F/A-18C, AJS-37, NTTR, F-5E, M-2000C, Bf 109, Fw 190 D-9, F-86F, Mig-15Bis, A-10C, Combined Arms, Mi-8Mtv2, UH-1H, Black Shark 2, Mig-21Bis, FC3, F-14A/B, Mig-19, Spitfire, JF-17, Persian Gulf

Would Like to See:

Mig-29K, Su-24, Mig-25, J-8II, J-10 , Tornado

Specifications:

Windows 10 64Bit, i7-7700K 4.2Ghz, GTX 1080, 16Gb RAM, T.flight Stick X

I was under the impression that the Su-33's PFM hasn't been released yet... did I miss some secret patch here? :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Right... just wondering why people are asking "if anyone has already tested it"? ... and other people said they did.... ?!

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com