Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 2

gregzagk

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CA players confirmed that EWR's dont show on the map any contacts, and it makes them useless. AirCommanders gather information from aircraft radars. Check it please.

Hi GUMAR,

As promised, I looked for an opportunity to verify if the deployed EWRs units were working properly.

I believe this picture proves that they are indeed working properly, and providing a radar picture in the area that they were deployed from the helicopters.

Screen_150922_014618.jpg

This is the picture I saw as GCI and I made a screenshot for you.

You can see in this picture the chain of EWR units that the blue deployed around Maykop prior to the big push: two in the East and one in the South.

The only F-15s near Maykop are =42=MULE and IAF.Amir, and they are both pointed away from Maykop: MULE is running away from a missile shot and Amir is running away from 2x Su-27 that are chasing him (Tello & TaliG).

Essentially we should see no radar contacts, especially not Frostie who just took off from Maykop and Amazing plus an AI fighter on the West coast.

In summary I have no doubt that the EWR units are working properly.

S!

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

I missed something. Was there a specific slot that could see the units on map? Never saw any but myself on it.

Wow, such landing, much no gear, so slide...

T.16000M FCS HOTAS

Owned : Flaming Cliff 3 | Mig-21Bis | AJS-37 Viggen | F/A-18C | F-5E | Mirage 2000c | F-14B | Ka-50 | JF-17

Wishlist : F-4 | Mi-24 | MiG-23 | F-15E | F-16

Dev. Wishlist : Tornado | Mirage F1 | MiG-25 | F-104 | Étendard/Super Étendard | Saab 35 Draken | JAS-39 Gripen A

So how many MiG-29S slots on red currently?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Server back up. New features are being tested now? :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

slots.png

Red simply have no chance... :helpsmilie:

- East will be lost every time, west pilots can`t help because we have no enough slots on east. All east airbases have ONLY 21 fighter slot versus 15 Tbilisi + 14 Vaziani + 13 Kutaisi = 21vs.42. in FULL BATTLE. East will fall whenever bluefor wants because they are much stronger in all combinations. You can try combinations and you will see. Ok, east can win if no blue 24h.

- West can`t CAP, capture and cover Sochi, Gudauta and Sukhumi without Maykop because blue will deploy 6 F15c from Sukhumi and very fast have control in that zone with help from Senaki, Kutaisi and Kobleti...

We can play but we will lost every round if slots can`t be changed. We talk about balance... that is not big problem, fighters slots combinations are bigger.

I hope BS staff will make slot assigments better for round 3.

RED are simply too far or not enough slots and can`t do to much.

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

+1

I havent noticed this unbalance in slots between red and blue taking in count east-west front and number of slots in each AB and front.

If blue flag developers could be kind enough to take a look at this and try to balance a little this situation round three could be the best experience out there in PvP.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

We've had to fly out from Krymsk many times to try and help out the East front which is a much further distance to Min Vody than any Blue airbase is never mind to Beslan.

We've all seen on both sides how well just 7 or 8 fighters can hold out against superior numbers when the defenders bases are pressed because of the distance both Red or Blue attackers have to travel to either Maykop, Sukhumi or Tblisi. It is only when one side disappears that everything gets over run, unfortunately that only ever seems to happen to Red.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

You need to consider that most squadron slots are used much more rarely than lone wolf slots. In regards to lone wolf slots its 8vs8 in the east. If you count in also Senaki then it's different but then again all those bases in the middle can send fighters pretty much equally well east or west. Falcons example was a bit misleading but has some truth to it as there's room for improvement. In the west Blue has hard time capturing Maykop for similar reason Red has trouble capturing Sochi.

DCS Finland: Suomalainen DCS yhteisö -- Finnish DCS community

--------------------------------------------------

SF Squadron

I participated in this event and was quite entertained, it was quite intense and i shared the sky with the 238 and the 51st most of the time. They did great and so did the whole Red team besides me (Damn those damn Fighters, groundattacker all the way.).

At first i enjoyed it alot, flying helicopters and dropping troops into capzones or destroying groundunits in my Su-25T and watching how our effort got payed off. But at the end it always got recapped while there was no Redfor to defend besides those Mig-23 bots. After a while it really lowers the motivation to fly for 30 minutes straight and capture that airfield/farp/city (even tho' i still dont really see the point of those cities. ^^) just to lose it the next night.

Maybe raising the amount of AI-Units fending off in the sky (The Mig-23/F-4 is still better than nothing) proportionally to the Blu-Red playeramount and constellation.

Another thing i noticed was that groundattacking quickly turned very monotone. Maybe adding some sort of attacks done by groundforces would spice things up abit. Maybe that the GCI has some sorts of resources avaiable which he gains throught cities, he can use those to order troop-attacks from Farps/Airfields towards enemy positions, which can take out enemy defenses and even capture the whole area. Would give groundattackers the opportunity to intercept those approaching troops or atleast defend the airfield, (Like in the Su-25T campaign for example) which provides quite abit more variety.

At the end i just want to thank the organisators of that event and i hope that you guys will find a more or less satisfying solution for above mentioned problems. :)

PS. Some selfproclaimed "Aces" might want to slow down on their elitist behavior, eh?

Edited by Snake_Pliskin
  • Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hold them off against all odds!

127. lae Majop Slobodan Tesanovic

This is my take on the map layout from bluefor's perspective.

Holding the west is pretty easy. The general rule of thumb was "Don't stop pushing the East until Senaki falls." Because taking the West back is a really easy task where as taking the East is pretty difficult.

The reason is down to distance. Fighter slots are important, but distance is the primary factor. The distance from Kutaisi and Vazani to the Eastern Airbases vs Kras and Maykop to the Western bases.

Both sides encounter one problem: Can we get enough jets in the air to kill ALL their fighters AND get to their airbase to camp them BEFORE we run out of jets/ammo/fuel.

The reason we let the West burn is because flying Senaki and Kutaisi to Sukh/Guda/Sochi is around 60nmi to the first, then 25 then 30. It's all relatively easy to take and the nearest hostile fighter base is around 100nmi away. Sochi is equi-distant from our fighter bases to the Redfors, so we never both to hold it. Sochi often remains red until the end because it's not worth the fight.

If we break down the two flanks for each side and look at the distances it'll show where balances in turns of numbers needs to be tweaked.

For Blue pushing up the East, Beslan is 100nmi and Nalchik is 95nmi. The defensive fighter bases from Min Vody (Although only 373 Flankers primarily) and Mozdok are between 35-50nmi away. This means that Blue fighters have to make around 150nmi trip to camp above the fighter bases.

For the Red pushing West, we've already established that Sochi around around 100nmi and the following bases extend around another 50nmi, giving the Redfor fighters 150nmi to fly in order to take and hold Sukhumi.

So the question is now what? Red holds the three Western bases and Blue holds the four Eastern bases.

Lets look at a defensive break down.

My opening statement about the fly out West is Blue's defense. Ultimately Sochi is a 100nmi push to take it all back with the reds having to fly 150nmi South to defend it. Once Sukh is recovered we can start to spawn fighters there (3 I believe) to reduce the reinforcement delay.

For Redfor pushing back Min Vody back they have to fly a massive 135/175nmi out of Maykop/Kras. Blue's defense of Min Vody is 130nmi hop from either Kutaisi or Sukhumi.

This is what causes a lot of the problems imo. Red has to fly further to defend their flank.

I'm not sure what the solution to this Maykop/Kras -> Min Vody problem is.

The final noticeable mention is that the blue have to take 4 bases, of which two are quite heavy fighter bases (If the 373 are on), where is Red has to take 3 bases, of which only 1 can spawn a max of 3 aircraft. Worth thinking about.

Thoughts?