How many modules are you REALLY proficient at?

Pizzicato

How many modules are you REALLY proficient at?  

408 members have voted

1. 1. How many modules are you REALLY proficient at?

• 5+
    • ALL OF THE MODULES!!!

I'm one of those guys that has to buy every module the moment it goes on pre-sale, but I'm rapidly finding that (unsurprisingly) I can't stay current on more than a couple at a time.

At the moment, in fact, the only module that I'm totally comfortable with is the Ka-50.

Beyond that, I could probably get up to speed again pretty quickly with the UH-1, Mi-8 and Su-27, but I definitely couldn't claim that I could just jump into one of them and go.

So what about you guys? How many aircraft are you really good at and which ones are they?

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say almost all of them but here are the ones that I know almost by heart:

A-10C

Ka-50

F-15

Su-27 (also the mig-29's)

Bf 109

F-86

MiG-15

MiG-21

Mi-8

UH-1H

and soon to be the F-14

I accidently voted all of them on the poll so I wish I could change it to 5+ (theres your answer Pizzicato :P)

I love DCS modules and its a hobby, so I usually take my time to learn, fly and figure out the capability's of each aircraft so I'm proficient and can use them how there supposed to be used.

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

Hi Pizzicato,

That's a really interesting poll you put on here.

I personally don't own so many modules (A-10C, P-51D, F-15, Su-27 and F-86 sabre).

In my case I only feel proficient with the A-10C, though I flew F-15 and Su-27 for free flights and was able to land those babies (no combat missions so far with those last two ones).

Regards

Laurius

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe, Intel Core i7-2600K (3.4 GHz), Corsair Vengeance 2x4096 Mo DDR3 1866 MHz, SSD 120 Go Vertex 2, EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0 4Go (04G-P4-2978-KR), TM HOTAS Warthog #03797 (MB replaced), Saitek Combat Pro Rudder, TrackIR 5, TM Cougar MFDs with Lilliput 8" UM 80

The poll is interesting but doesn't address the number of modules that each of us owns. Now 'What percentage, of the modules you own, are you proficient with?' would be a more telling question.

When I only owned two modules, I was somewhat proficient with one of them. Now that I own about 10 modules, the percentage has changed dramatically.

Interesting, none the less.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I would definitely be voting 'zero' I love DCS, just have very little time, and keep flying around in different modules. Really I should just pick one and learn it.

I am thinking of doing that with the Mirage.

i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs

Flight Controls:Virpil VPC MoogoosT-50 / MFG Crosswinds / GVL Throttle / Oculus Rift CV1

Im totally confortable with the A-10C and with the Hawk, just managing to tame the F86, the thing is that i owe all the other modules but its more for a support reason, like you. For example i have never tried any of the Helos not even sitting in them just to check if the modules works!!:cry:

I love this hobby and cant wait for the future thats coming:)

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

Yeah, the F15 I can say I'm really good at. The A10C, I can definitely get it, start it up, and deliver all the weapon types, but proficient would be a stretch. I just learnt how to use LASTE setting the other day only to find out that I suck a low level CCRP. It never ends with the study sims.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

All WWII (does count being proficient on Spit and P-47 even before release? :lol:). Those I fly sometimes very tough and then I don't fly for a while, but I know them and don't forget a thing. More modern ones are different, right now I fly the MiG-15 but I forgot how it was with the F-86 (probably a quick read would make it again but), and even though I bought UH because I wildly like that junk after some time with her I haven't flown again and I've forgot almost everything... It's tough to keep all of them up trained. I'm also learning MiG-21 right now, but I bought a lot of time ago :music_whistling:, I can't tell I know her yet, and some modules I haven't flown but one or a couple times right after buy just to check how awesome they are and then... :cry:

Keeping up to date training on many modules would require a lot of time and effort, and we are just starting the DCSW race. IMHO WWII modules can be kept, also learn new ones after knowing deeply some other, but the modern the aircraft the harder to master them all.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Two in DCS, Ka-50 and A-10C.

Two in FSX/P3D, Boeing 737NG and Dash-8Q400

Studying Uh-1 and Mig-21Bis at the moment and these two will come onto the list not too later. :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aircraft I have thoroughly studied: A-10C, Ka-50, Mig-21bis, UH-1H, Boeing 737-800/900, Dash-8Q400, Bell-407

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

i7-8750H@2.2GHz 6 Cores turbo up to 4.1GHz, GTX1070 Max-Q@8GB GRAM, 16G RAM, 512G SSD, 500G SSD, CH Product Fighter Stick, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind, TrackIR 5.

I know the A-10c pretty much as much as you can.

I'm quite proficient with the Mustang and Kurfust, I still find takeoffs and landings in the Dora difficult.

Basically I can ramp start, takeoff and land in everything, but don't have in-depth systems knowledge except for those listed above.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

"None" should have been an option, too - along the lines of "Jack of all trades, Master of none"; having dabbled in all modules, but not yet mastered any. ;)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I stated back with Lock On, Then FC 1,2 and 3. The KA-50, A10C and the rest when it was released. If I was new, it would be a big investment and I doubt I would have it all. Then I think it´s great, when ED have there discount sales, so all have a fair chance in the long run.

Intel I7 4770K, Evga 1080 FE, win10 64Pro, 32GB ram, TracIR 5, Hotas Warthog, MFD Cougar x2, MFG Crosswind

Good question. I'll draw a line between proficient and skilled. I'm not really overly skilled at any of them and I'd probably die an empty, meaningless death in multi-player.

If you don't include the FC3 aircraft, then there are maybe 5 that I know a good chunk of the systems and that I can takeoff, fly, fight, and land in.

Of the modules I own, the ones I'm pretty much a complete noob at are the Mig-21 and the Ka-50. Just haven't gotten into them yet.

The biggest issue for me is east/west divide. Western aircraft are easier to learn. I got up to speed in the A-10C faster than the MiG-21.

I don't aim to master everything though, even if I will buy everything. My focus is on air to air flying and within that, I will probably favor western aircraft because I find them more intuitive.

Right now I feel pretty comfy in the F-15, F-86, A-10C. I can use the Ka-50, MiG-21, MiG-15, and Russian FC3. The rest I only use occasionally (for the trainers, this will probably change with AFM, and the WWII fighters will see more time with DCS2 improvements).

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Blows me away how many people say that the A10C was easier for them to learn than the Mig 21.

It couldn't be any more opposite for me. Not that I'm great, or even very good, with the Mig..... But I can take off, blow stuff up (air and ground,) find my way back to another base, and land.

I can barely start the A10 correctly.