DCS World 1.5 and 2.0 Discussion

NineLine

All 3 versions are separate, some of us run all three

I guess multiplayers are also splitted into these three versions. That explains why some online servers are almost empty.

Any idea what is the best (stable and most players) version for multiplayer?

Thx for the explainations so far - would be nice to find some hints in the download description.

________________________ ________ ______ ___ __ _

Win10 64 Pro, i7-6800K 3.4Ghz, 32 GB (DDR4), Asus Aorus 1080 TI WF, TrackIR 5 / RIFT, Thrustmaster Warthog, Fanatec Pedals, 55" oled 4k TV, Modules:A10C, KA-50, Huey, AV-8B, FA-18, F-16, NTTR, Persian Gulf

_ __ ___ ____ _____ ______ _______ ____________

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct,

2.0 ALPHA Requires Purchase of NTTR Terrain, Caucasus is not included in 2.0 at the moment.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

So If I piece the dots from the several threads together, the 1.5 and 2.0 Merge will happen when the Caucasus map is converted to this T-4 terrain engine ? rather than "soon" as some people hope for.

I am for improving the old map, I'm not in a hurry, so I don't agree with the people who are so eager to merge, I rather see the devs take their time and do some improvements to the old map before including it into the 2.0, cause then the 2.0 will mean something in practise and be a real improvement in major areas, rather than just a soulsess tag-on, otherwise it would just be an 1.5 map inside a 2.0 moniker.

I do agree with the versioning choices back then, I do agree 1.5 was picked for the intermediate, and that the NTTR and new engine and DX11 and all the stuff get's 2.0 so the numbers don't go forward so much.

I totally disagree with the BS versioning of google chrome and firefox, what, that is at 45.0 now .., what a college-kid trendy gimmick imo. Thank you Eagle Dynamics.

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

I have been off doing other things until the 1.5/2.0 Merge (other then casual flying around Nevada some)

I think this thread answers one question , I have 1.5 installed and 2.0 Alpha . Eventually my 1.5 will get "upgraded" to 2.0.x GA , and I will delete my 2.0 Alpha , correct ?

Second question, and this is not a nag , Has ED given and idea of when the merge will occur (how much longer ?)

I am for improving the old map

Officially, there's been no mention of any improvements coming from the move from T3 to T4 for the caucasus map.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

just the shader improvements, but the map will be the same, I think.

My youtube channel Remember: the fun is in the fight, not the kill, so say NO! to the AIM-120.

System specs:ROG Maximus XI Hero, Intel I9 9900K, 32GB 3200MHz ram, EVGA 1080ti FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVME, 27" Samsung SA350 1080p, 27" BenQ GW2765HT 1440p, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p G-SYNC

Controls: Saitekt rudder pedals,Virpil MongoosT50 throttle, warBRD base, CM2 stick, TrackIR 5+pro clip, WMR VR headset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I guess multiplayers are also splitted into these three versions. That explains why some online servers are almost empty.

Any idea what is the best (stable and most players) version for multiplayer?

Thx for the explainations so far - would be nice to find some hints in the download description.

Multiplayer servers are by version, not branch. That is, currently, Open beta servers are compatible with Release servers, because both are currently the same version number. If/when Open beta gets patched in advance of Release, servers will not be compatible until Release catches up.

Multiplayer servers are by version, not branch. That is, currently, Open beta servers are compatible with Release servers, because both are currently the same version number. If/when Open beta gets patched in advance of Release, servers will not be compatible until Release catches up.

I have all 3 versions installed, but I'm too lazy to set up my controls in 1.5 stable, so I just run 1.5 beta, both are exactly the same at the moment.

I hardly play 2.0 since I'm primarily a mig-21 driver, and the NTTR map is flat... very... flat...

When the 1.5 stable and beta are different versions, the multiplayer community is often split between them and it makes it hard to find servers with people on them in either version, in the hours I play.

Edited by Hadwell

My youtube channel Remember: the fun is in the fight, not the kill, so say NO! to the AIM-120.

System specs:ROG Maximus XI Hero, Intel I9 9900K, 32GB 3200MHz ram, EVGA 1080ti FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVME, 27" Samsung SA350 1080p, 27" BenQ GW2765HT 1440p, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p G-SYNC

Controls: Saitekt rudder pedals,Virpil MongoosT50 throttle, warBRD base, CM2 stick, TrackIR 5+pro clip, WMR VR headset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That will be waaaaaaaay down the road aways when that occurs.

Why did they have to fix what wasn't broken?

1.2.16 used to be great. Now, everything is just mediocre.

Time for me to move on to another sim. :mad:

... wat?

uhm, i mean, seriously ... WAT?

Anyhow, you still can revert back to 1.2.x if you want. Iirc SkateZilla made somewhere a posting describing exactly how to do that. :doh:

... wat?

uhm, i mean, seriously ... WAT?

Anyhow, you still can revert back to 1.2.x if you want. Iirc SkateZilla made somewhere a posting describing exactly how to do that. :doh:

Be serious. We paid for this (these) product(s) and we deserve its full capabilities up to date. Nobody is playing 1.2.16 multiplayer otherwise I'd revert...

atleast I could play with 8 gb of RAM at 60 fps.

­­­­­­

I hardly play 2.0 since I'm primarily a mig-21 driver, and the NTTR map is flat... very... flat...

There are a few fun spots to zip around in, but largely it feels the same for me. Glad I bought it and support the development of DCS even if I would never use it though, as other things down the road I know I'll use.

As for controls though, you know you can load them into 1.5 stable right? I mean, if you ever find yourself needing to use it.

I'm getting MUCH better performance on 1.5 and 2.0 than I ever did on 1.2.

Same. Fully maxed out on everything visually (except that Bokeh nonsense) my frames jumped massively on 1.5 and 2.0.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
That will be waaaaaaaay down the road aways when that occurs.

Why did they have to fix what wasn't broken?

1.2.16 used to be great. Now, everything is just mediocre.

Time for me to move on to another sim. :mad:

I dont even know what is being said in this post... but its not helpful to anyone wanting to know whats going on.

We have a release version

We have an Open Beta version for that release

And we have an Alpha of the new map system and NTTR.

Eventually all will be merged and we will go back to a release and Open Beta version.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

1.5 already encompasses the new engine.

Any build that contains Nevada *and* Caucasus will most likely have a version number >= 2.0.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

2.0 & 1.5

I had 1.5 on my computer before and wanted Nevada Red Flag. Trioed downloading 2.0 Alpha and it wouldn't allow me to load 2.0 until I removed 1.5. I downloaded 1.5 again, bu haven't unzipped it because it says it is already loaded on my computer meaning 2.0. So question is how are you having 1.5 and 2.0 on your computer at the same time? Are you placing one into a different directory, because mine keeps trying to place in same directory. I did a browse and tried loading that way and noting, so what would be a good path to load 1.5 back on my system without removing 2.0?

Thanks

• ED Team

completely separate installs, do not combine them.

They run independently even the settings and controls are seperate

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I got the latest 1.5 OB and wanted to switch to release. I followed the instructions here

Using DCS Updater to Update, Revert, Repair, or Install Modules

and issued

...\bin>DCS_updater.exe update @release

The updater only stated the version number and informed me that the current install is up to date. All of my shortcuts still say "* Open Beta". Is it supposed to go like this?

Just thinking back a few of months ago when we were all waiting for the NTTR map. Was just flying the A-10C CAS quick mission and returned to Nellis. I gotta say, every time I look around outside the pit, I am so amazed at what ED has given us. I been at this flight sim stuff since the mid -90's and I would never have imagined it would evolve to the point it has. I suppose it will only get better from here . Thanks again ED for the many, many hours of enjoyment.

• Like 3

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

Just thinking back a few of months ago when we were all waiting for the NTTR map. Was just flying the A-10C CAS quick mission and returned to Nellis. I gotta say, every time I look around outside the pit, I am so amazed at what ED has given us. I been at this flight sim stuff since the mid -90's and I would never have imagined it would evolve to the point it has. I suppose it will only get better from here . Thanks again ED for the many, many hours of enjoyment.

AGREED!! I came into combat flight sims with Falcon 3.0 and would have never thought this level of detail would be possible on a home rig. Look at us now!! I have to say I am guilty of when when when with every module and feature list that has been announced, but sometimes I have to step back and say good gosh look at what we have and humble myself to be grateful for what ED and 3rd party developers have given us today.:)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Yes it is awesome.

No news on dedicated server? Really missing some information on this, if someone is working on that at all? I mean we would come a long way just by having a GUI for server that does not require GPU and have a simple menu system, no fancy skins etc...

Yes it is awesome.

No news on dedicated server? Really missing some information on this, if someone is working on that at all? I mean we would come a long way just by having a GUI for server that does not require GPU and have a simple menu system, no fancy skins etc...

From Weekend news 01-29-2016

DCS World 2.0 in 2016 will offer new clouds and weather effects; improved HDR; deferred lighting (more light sources); new FLIR system; an improved Air Traffic Control (ATC) system; enhanced explosions, over-wing vapor, and rain on canopy; procedural grass and vegetation; improved multiplayer with dedicated server support; a new Air Combat Generator with enhanced user control of air-to-air generated missions; new custom overlays option for the Mission Editor, and a new Virtual Reality (VR) tab in Options which will improve the DCS World experience in VR.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2659915&postcount=13

I know they have been quiet as of late and I feel your pain :), but it's coming my friend.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Yes it is awesome.

+++

The maps and modules are excellent, even in the current beta states. Just amazing what we've got. A better online experience from the server end would really help bring it together.

Hopefully the 'networking improvements' from the latest update are leading in that direction.

PC - 3900X - Asus Crosshair Hero VIII - NZXT Kraken 63 - 32 GB RAM - 2080ti - SB X-Fi Titanium PCIe - Alienware UW - Windows 10

Sim hardware - Warthog throttle - VKB Gunfighter III - CH Quadrant - Slaw Device Pedals - Obutto R3volution pit - HP Reverb G2 - 2X AuraSound shakers