DCS World 1.5 and 2.0 Discussion

NineLine

Okay, your GPU is reported as a card called "RDPDD Chained DD" (mine shows GTX670 in the same spot). I found out that this is a special graphics driver used to send images over remote desktop. Apparently this also makes accelerated graphics impossible as the originally installed drivers (your catalyst or geforce drivers) cannot load. So maybe it works when you work on the machine directly, i.e. not using remote desktop?

EDIT: What OS are you running on your machine? Maybe we can try getting RemoteFX to run. It is an expansion to remote desktop that allows DirectX (and only DirectX, so no OpenGL) accelerated graphics to work over remote desktop.

Edited by Oznerol256

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you installed Visual C++ 2013 redist?

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

Yes along with Visual C++ 2010 libraries and DirectX End-User Runtimes.

Okay, your GPU is reported as a card called "RDPDD Chained DD" (mine shows GTX670 in the same spot). I found out that this is a special graphics driver used to send images over remote desktop. Apparently this also makes accelerated graphics impossible as the originally installed drivers (your catalyst or geforce drivers) cannot load. So maybe it works when you work on the machine directly, i.e. not using remote desktop?

EDIT: What OS are you running on your machine? Maybe we can try getting RemoteFX to run. It is an expansion to remote desktop that allows DirectX (and only DirectX, so no OpenGL) accelerated graphics to work over remote desktop.

Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard 64-bit

I have no phisical access to it, it's located at the London Data Centre.

Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard 64-bit

I should have figured that out myself because the dxdiag report shows it.

Windows Server 2008 supports RemoteFX so thats good. This guide should show you how to enable RemoteFX: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff830365.aspx

Do you have some other directx game you can test if RemoteFX is the problem or if DCS is the problem.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks, I try that Pilot_salute1.gif (will have to be tomorrow, getting late here now).

The only other thing currently install on it other than DCS, is Rise of Flight (which I believe is DX9), is that good enough to test it?

Should be fine. Either RemoteFX works or it doesnt.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've installed RemoteFX.

RemoteFX.jpg

Trying to run DCS still gives me the 'dx11backend.dll' error.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: DCS.exe

Application Version: 1.5.0.46175

Application Timestamp: 5628ed1b

Fault Module Name: dx11backend.dll

Fault Module Version: 1.5.0.46175

Fault Module Timestamp: 56260ae4

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 00000000000486ec

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.272.7

Locale ID: 2057

Additional Information 1: 0b63

Additional Information 2: 0b6322ab7090f4e8a2ca07e1b2e19a28

Additional Information 3: 046f

Additional Information 4: 046f95814d739e4d879edcd6979de973

I tried to run Rise of Flight via the normal game, but likewise it failed with a 'dxBackend.dll' error this time.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: Settings.exe

Application Version: 1.0.0.1

Application Timestamp: 54c7a6ab

Fault Module Name: dxBackend.dll

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 5568333f

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 00009e2b

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.272.7

Locale ID: 2057

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Of course I don't normal run ROF this way, instead using 'DServer.exe' which only displays a very simple window (all settings being controlled via a .cfg file).

ROF_DServer.jpg

I'm not sure I've setup RemoteFX correctly though. Having installed it, do I need to go on and create a new 'virtual machine'?

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff830365.aspx

Once RemoteFX is installed on the RD Virtualization Host server, virtual machines that are already configured for RemoteFX can be hosted and new virtual machines can be created with RemoteFX. New virtual machines can be created and configured by using Hyper-V Manager. For more information about configuring virtual machines with RemoteFX, see the Configure a RemoteFX 3D Video Adapter topic (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=192573) on the Windows Server 2008 Technical Library.

I'm not sure I've setup RemoteFX correctly though. Having installed it, do I need to go on and create a new 'virtual machine'?

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff830365.aspx

Alright it looks like RemoteFX is made for virtual machines and not for the actual server itself. I don't have access to a windows server so that's why i can't test what i read (or dont read apparently).

So there are two things that you can test:

First, try using teamviewer instead of remote desktop. I have just tested "teamviewering" from my phone into my pc and playing DCS 1.5 and it worked, including flying. Framerate on the phone is awful of course but the pc didn't care and ran DCS at high framerates. Most frames just didnt make it through the network. Apparently teamviewer does not use the same technology as remote desktop and allows the pc you remote into to use its installed graphics drivers.

The second thing you could try is changing your remote desktop settings.

The dxdiag report shows your remote desktop connection running at 16 bits of color depth. Try 32 bits and the highest bandwidth setting (LAN or something).

Again rise of flight will be helpful for testing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I read the newsletter as it's nearing final release, but as they state they are releasing new versions next week. In my eyes I see that as a new version of the beta. And I kinda hope that is the case, because there's a lot of work to do before I see it suitable for a public 'stable' build.

-16AGR- 16th Air Guards Regiment is always looking for pilots - http://www.16agr.com

EWRS - Early Warning Radar Script

Specs:

Gigabyte Sniper Z5-S

Intel i5-4670k 3.4GHz OC'd 3.9GHz w/ Thermaltake 120mm Water 3.0 Pro Liquid CPU Cooler

16GB RAM

Gigabyte GTX 1080

TM Hotas Warthog: SN: 06976

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals

TrackIR5 with TrackClipPro & Oculus Rift

2x 28" 4k UHD Monitors (3840x2160 each) + 1280x1024

I read the newsletter as it's nearing final release, but as they state they are releasing new versions next week. In my eyes I see that as a new version of the beta. And I kinda hope that is the case, because there's a lot of work to do before I see it suitable for a public 'stable' build.

Yeah exactly, that's what I've been thinking.

Is this the correct thread to ask when the video updates from Wags will continue?

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

With the new 1.5 unified exe, is there still a command line option to start a mission directly?

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I'm curious what issues you see "requiring a lot of work" before you consider 1.5 suitable for the public?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Still enjoying what we have thus far :thumbup:

Just hoping we are still on track for NTTR later this month. :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals