DCS 2.0 is Just Awesome

USAFMTL

If i want to test DCS 2.0, do i have to order it ?

Don't wait any longer Jump right in, You will be very glad you did!!!!

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

Just took a night flight its amzing

yep... default landing mission for the Warthog, is great

Kudos to the developers and bravo for the hardwork... night time disorientation is amazing

Standing Ovation

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

I installed v2.0 over the top of v1.5- all works fine. However, I can't "Create Fast Missions", is that just not working in this Alpha Release?

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

I installed v2.0 over the top of v1.5- all works fine. However, I can't "Create Fast Missions", is that just not working in this Alpha Release?

Hmm not sure how you installed over the top of 1.5 as 2.0 Alpha was released as a separate install...

No, Instant Action are only currently working in this Alpha.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I updated it via the DCS_Updater.exe and with the parameters of v2.0 and it worked. Then when I loaded it up it said there's no terrain and it installed NTTR. Finally, I pasted in the key that was given to me - and voila it was done.

So, you're saying that only the "Instant Missions" are the only thing that currently available?

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

So, you're saying that only the "Instant Missions" are the only thing that currently available?

Correct, outside of the ME of course.

I am sure they will get the others working before too long.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Ok, sounds fair to me.. thanks for the clarification. I will just have to wait - been patient for 6 years now -- what a few more months :)

How is the DCS 2.0 graphics compared to 1.5 ?

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

It seems to about the same as v1.5 - but being that Las Vegas is a bit more populated it lags just a little bit, but, overall really good.

When you fly near Groom Lake it seems to be about the same. v1.5 was very smooth overall.

Really missing the Mission Creator function. Can't wait for this to get updated.

Ah, but the ME is working just fine. I've create a very simple 3-ship to fly from Creech AFB to Groom Lake and it's working just fine. The ME is a study within it's self - but it works non-the-less.

I agree with the last gent, in my case it too 8 hours to download lol, but just taken VEAO Classic British trainer down the Vegas strip, the nearest I'll ever get to a Rols Royce, (the made engine I think) It's a wee classic, like an E-type jag. Nice work on the scenery and the Hoover Dam is really neat.

THANK YOU TO ALL

Dave

I love the map, looking forward to some missions etc. It sure is a a hefty file at over 40GB I wonder how big the new Black Sea map will be when it's released :shocking:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Love it so far. My favorite areas so far are the ones not in the Vegas area but out in the desert. Dried up river beds, rocks, etc look wonderful no matter what your flying (heli/WWII fighter). Some people need to step out of the box and try this map. It may not be a WWII or current warzone but plenty of great missions could be made on this map.

Black Sea won't get reworked, it will just get ported. So probably around same size as now. Hopefully ED can use procedural techiques in the future so that the file footprint of terrains can be at least kept at where it's now.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

im getting a 500gb ssd soon. There should be enough space for all maps and modules that coming and with so much detail and love they put into it it will hopefully not be the last 500gb used by dcs ;)

Regards

Griffon26

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Never parachute into an area you've just bombed

You never have too much fuel, unless you burn.

Only managed to get 5 mins on last night after the mammoth download, so I buzzed the strip in the F15C at 800kmh at about 80foot lol mental! Such a beautiful looking representation of Vegas, can't wait to hit the canyon and see if I can get some wicked low level canyon flying in!

Black Sea won't get reworked, it will just get ported. So probably around same size as now. Hopefully ED can use procedural techiques in the future so that the file footprint of terrains can be at least kept at where it's now.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up sobek. Off to NCIX for a new SSD :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog