Some bad news, depending on which side you´re on..

Prowler111

The OP is fairly clear but can I just clarify that we will get British variants eventually?

Yes, you will.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted a av8 plus with AA radar, but since I am fan of the 60s and 70s almost does not make difference!

Well the AV-8B is a mid-late 80s aircraft with the AV8B NA being a very early 90s aircraft so its hardly 60s/70s =P.

The AV-8B entered service in 1985.

With the AV-8B NA entering service in 91.

And The AV-8B Plus entering service around 93 (in the US).

Edited by mattebubben

So this is not a radar variant as I understand it. That is too bad, but any modern Harrier is a nice addition. Would have liked the GR. 7/9 for the extra weapon stations, but an AV8B sounds excellent to.

As they have stated they are not making the variant with the radar yet since there is no Air-Ground radar system yet for them to use.

But that should be added soon with the F-18 from ED.

So while they are not making a AV-8B+ right now (radar equipped)

they have stated there might be one in the future

(since other then the radar the AV-8B NA and AV-8B+ are almost identical in most aspects like cockpit etc).

so a slight change in the visual model (for the nose section) and a change in the systems / weapons of the airplane and that could be it.

how did the nozzles work?

did they have stages (for different angles) or did you have full control over the nozzel movements.

They had full control for smooth traditions to and from hover and forward flight. Also, with the for nozzles vectoring from the Pegasus. The forward pair were cool air and the rear pair were hot air!

https://youtu.be/tfbHMxnlbfI

https://youtu.be/D1i4ukSdqjc

Edited by Cool Breeze

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

I want to know if the AV-8B Harrier NA variant is capable of flying in daylight or is it only at night that it fly's it's missions.:huh:

Its fully capable of operating at day. (probably better then the standard AV-8B due a number of upgrades)

It just had modifications to allow it to operate at the night aswell.

As alot of aircraft dont have the equipment / systems to operate as effectively at night as they do at day.

But the NA had many improvements over the "standard" Av-8B.

It had a more powerfull engine.

And the Night attack ability came with both the FLIR that made it much more able to safley fly at night especially at low altitudes.

But another thing was making the cockpit and all its instruments etc Night vision friendly.

As in you could read all text / instruments etc clearly when using Night vision goggles (Something that is not always possible by default).

Aswell as many smaller changes.

I want to know if the AV-8B Harrier NA variant is capable of flying in daylight or is it only at night that it fly's it's missions.:huh:

It is an all-weather aircraft. It can fly in any kind of weather (night is considered a weather condition). The only thing it does not have is a radar.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Maybe it's too early to talk about, anyway: will all three Harrier's version sold as one package (like L-39C/ZA) or as three different module?

Bye

Phant

If they were, I wouldn't expect them to be packaged for 60 dollars.

Each of the three harriers (GR.9, AV-8B(NA)/+) are significantly different in terms of avionics.

thanks for being honest. looking forward to it.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Maybe it's too early to talk about, anyway: will all three Harrier's version sold as one package (like L-39C/ZA) or as three different module?

Bye

Phant

Probably not cos some won't touch the GR for love or money.

The AV's might.. But they'll probably be separate sales.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

It is an all-weather aircraft. It can fly in any kind of weather (night is considered a weather condition). The only thing it does not have is a radar.

Well no, night is not considered a weather condition but it does require the aircraft to have specific equipment to fly at night, that is not related to weather.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals