Oculus Rift with DCS World Discussion

NineLine

How does one use Oculus Mirror? When I use it to demo VR to my friends, the normal narrow VR view displays on my monitor on top of the mirror view. If I click on the mirror window to move it in front, focus is lost on the main VR view and controls cease to work. I have also set the audio to play on both the headset and speakers, but sound only comes thru the headset.

OK, I will bump this once. Hard to believe nobody has figured this out.

OK, I will bump this once. Hard to believe nobody has figured this out.

I'm not sure there is anything to figure out. The mirror is a copy of one of the views as seen by the eye. If you click on the mirrored viewed on the monitor, you're taking Windows focus away from DCS so DCS would stop responding.

I don't think there's much to it. And you can't really showcase VR using the monitor since it defeats the purpose. If you are trying to record from the monitor, Jabbers has a thread here "all things VR" or something like it and towards the end, he goes over how to record the VR sessions.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

With the ott and super sampling on at 1.0 I get steady 90fps. ASW off

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

hormone infused milk can do that to a person.

I grew up on that stuff. Its good stuff! :thumbup:

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Anybody noticed severe lagg when switching from cockpit view to F10 map view and then back to cockpit view again ?

I've never experienced anything like it. It ends up with me having to forcekill DCS through terminal.

My specs are up to date.

Norwegian Rotorhead w\ All Helicopters

Watercooled AMD FX-8350 | Geforce 1060 6GB | 16 GiG DDR3 | Warthog Everything w/ pendulum pedals | Rift VR

Watercooled AMD Ryzen 9500X | RTX 3080 12GB | 64 GB DDR4 3600mhz | Warthog Everything w/Pendulum Pedals | Rift VR (CV1)

Anybody noticed severe lagg when switching from cockpit view to F10 map view and then back to cockpit view again ?

I've never experienced anything like it. It ends up with me having to forcekill DCS through terminal.

My specs are up to date.

Welcome to the forums ! Known bug .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Welcome to the forums ! Known bug .

Thanks, my dude. Now i know it is known.

Watercooled AMD FX-8350 | Geforce 1060 6GB | 16 GiG DDR3 | Warthog Everything w/ pendulum pedals | Rift VR

Watercooled AMD Ryzen 9500X | RTX 3080 12GB | 64 GB DDR4 3600mhz | Warthog Everything w/Pendulum Pedals | Rift VR (CV1)

My specs are up to date.

I just got my oculus tuesday and havent had any problem like this. I'm running on the beta version.

Ryzen 7 3800x - 32G DDR4 3400Mhz - RTX 2070 - M.2 1TB - Saitek x52 - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals - Oculus Rift - 2 lap cats

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000, AJS37 Viggen, AV-8B, MIG-21bis, MIG-19P, Mig-15, F5-E3, F-86F, A-4, F-14, A-10C, JF-17

My specs are up to date.

Exact same issue here, MP primarily

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Exact same issue here, MP primarily

Yes, im running DCS Beta branch. This happens primarily in MP, dosent matter which server.

I usually avoid looking at the map all together, however, it makes it a bit harder to find out where the Stennis is etc.

Yes, im running DCS Beta branch. This happens primarily in MP, dosent matter which server.

I usually avoid looking at the map all together, however, it makes it a bit harder to find out where the Stennis is etc.

Me too. Too much of an immersion break to look at the map.

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

DCS VR Rudder Pedals

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and Oculus Rift. My question is what are people using for rudder pedals while playing DCS in VR? My concern is that the rudder pedals will be configured through an "axis" and Oculus Rift will not work with axis (ie the "INCR/DECR lever just to the right of the throttles on the Warthog throttles, I had that axis mapped to zoom in and zoom out). That worked prior to getting the Oculus Rift but not since.

So the question is, which rudder pedals will work with DCS and Oculus Rift. Secondarily, if anyone knows how to get Oculus Rift to work with axis', I would immensely appreciate that information.

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and Oculus Rift. My question is what are people using for rudder pedals while playing DCS in VR? My concern is that the rudder pedals will be configured through an "axis" and Oculus Rift will not work with axis (ie the "INCR/DECR lever just to the right of the throttles on the Warthog throttles, I had that axis mapped to zoom in and zoom out). That worked prior to getting the Oculus Rift but not since.

So the question is, which rudder pedals will work with DCS and Oculus Rift. Secondarily, if anyone knows how to get Oculus Rift to work with axis', I would immensely appreciate that information.

Hi Larry,

For use with Rift you can go to the UI Layer section of the controls configuration in the settings and map a button on your throttle or joystick to VR Zoom (or something like that). It means that your VR view will zoom in when you depress the button, and zoom out when you release it. I don't think that the traditional analogue zoom works in VR.

Cheers.

CPU: Intel i9 13900KS @5.8GHz | MB: ROG Strix Z790 Gaming-E | GPU: Asus ROG Strix RTX3090 OC | RAM: 32Gb Corsair Dominator DDR5 @6200MHz | Cooling: Custom CPU/GPU cooling loop | PSU: Supernova 850G2 @ 850W | OS: Windows 10 Home Premium 64Bit
Storage: 3x Samsung EVO 970 Plus M.2 1Tb + 3x Samsung 850 EVO SSD 250Gb | Input: TM HOTAS WH Saitek Combat Pedals | Output: Samsung 50" OLED TV | VR: HP Reverb G2 | Audio: Realtek + Z906 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System

I would imagine about any standard rudder pedals should do fine, certainly should be no conflict between the Rift and the Pedals. The Rift and the Pedals are certainly two very different devices, not sure how they would manage to conflict with each other.

I personally have been using the MFG Crosswind pedals.

You can map VR Zoom and VR Recenter to buttons in the UI Layer of your controller setup menu in DCS.

Very handy to have both.

If you are asking if VR zoom can be mapped to an axis - at least currently no.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I would imagine about any standard rudder pedals should do fine, certainly should be no conflict between the Rift and the Pedals. The Rift and the Pedals are certainly two very different devices, not sure how they would manage to conflict with each other.

I personally have been using the MFG Crosswind pedals.

You can map VR Zoom and VR Recenter to buttons in the UI Layer of your controller setup menu in DCS.

Very handy to have both.

dburne,

How's your new rig panning out? I'm about to do something similar myself! :)

CPU: Intel i9 13900KS @5.8GHz | MB: ROG Strix Z790 Gaming-E | GPU: Asus ROG Strix RTX3090 OC | RAM: 32Gb Corsair Dominator DDR5 @6200MHz | Cooling: Custom CPU/GPU cooling loop | PSU: Supernova 850G2 @ 850W | OS: Windows 10 Home Premium 64Bit
Storage: 3x Samsung EVO 970 Plus M.2 1Tb + 3x Samsung 850 EVO SSD 250Gb | Input: TM HOTAS WH Saitek Combat Pedals | Output: Samsung 50" OLED TV | VR: HP Reverb G2 | Audio: Realtek + Z906 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System

dburne,

How's your new rig panning out? I'm about to do something similar myself! :)

:thumbup:

Loving it so far!

Have it running solid at 5.1 GHz on all 8 cores.

It has really helped my VR performance.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

:thumbup:

Loving it so far!

Have it running solid at 5.1 GHz on all 8 cores.

It has really helped my VR performance.

Great. I'm looking at a little future proofing myself as I haven't upgraded my rig for several generations (except the GPU).

FWIW , my Rift and CH pedals work fine together....

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I’ve also got the CH pedals. Everything was plug and play. No setup required.

Here’s a tip for the TM Warthog I found helpful: On the stick, set up the pinky lever (not the pinky switch used for NWS and laser) as a modifier. Now you can hold the lever down and reuse all of the switches of your HOTAS for other functions. You’ve now just doubled the amount of functions you can do with the HOTAS which comes in very handy when trying to stay away from the keyboard while you are flying in VR. For example, on the throttle there is a landing gear warning silence button, but if I hit it while holding in the pinky lever, it raises/lowers the landing gear.

Also, I propose we stop referring to flying DCS in VR. I always tell my wife I’m going to fly in DR... Desired reality!

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

I’ve also got the CH pedals. Everything was plug and play. No setup required.

Also, I propose we stop referring to flying DCS in VR. I always tell my wife I’m going to fly in DR... Desired reality!

If i said that to the wife , I'd better be talking about a 2-seater :)

I thought FPS was capped at 45fps. Are you really getting 90? I’ve got a RTX2080 and it seems to just stay right at 45. When not in VR, I get between 160-190 FPS.

2-D is at 200FPS, VR Rift with the settings; I'm seeing steady 90FPS, which I believe is 45FPS in each eye. their always updating the software.

There's settings for VR Zoom, and recenter in the utility section of the controls in settings.

why do people think there's an issue with rudder pedals and VR?

Muscle memory, just set up your feet on top of the pedals and move them like any other.

same with the HOTAS I don't look anymore; unless I use the slight slit to peek at my keyboard.

Edited by Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

2-D is at 200FPS, VR Rift with the settings; I'm seeing steady 90FPS, which I believe is 45FPS in each eye. their always updating the software.

you must have setting at Low. "seeing" steady 90FPS is the DCS reference and I find this exceptional

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |