• $10 at least !
    • $5 at least !
    • not sure.
    • no

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can make a separate (duplicate copy) map of the Caucasus, especially for third-party textures and protect its entirety

Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4 /i9-12900KF /64 Gb- G.SKILL Trident  DDR4 4000 МГц / Palit GeForce RTX 3070 Ti GameRock 8GB /Corsair HX1200 1200W 

DCS A-10C Обучающий урок "Концепция HOTAS" (RU)

DCS P-51D Руководство пилота

Обучающие миссии для Ми-8 (Радиооборудование)

Caucasus Map definitely needs an overhaul expecially since when the choppers are in, i would say the same quality we've seen on NTTR, but for free and under an official form and considering that DCS base platform is totally free including the SU-25 and the TF-51 it does include also the Caucasus map for free as a base platform for DCS for free, once you for free have downloaded the base platform then you can buy and pay whatever module you want ex.: planes, choppers, NTTR, Straight of Hormutz or even Normandy 44 once they'll be released, but DCS world SU-25, TF-51 and Caucasus map are coming absolutely for free and of course moving to next gen DCS i believe that Caucasus map definitely needs a large improvement to meet the near future DCS standards.

Mods are a thing Development Studios are another one, volunteering is one thing, professional work is another and have i already told you that DCS base platform is free including Caucasus map, SU-25 and TF-51 ?

BTW every modder is free to release their content including a donating by PayPal button on the mod release topic, just like it happens on some ArmA 3 mods, But: a donation is a special form of "thank you" to the modder, but i would do not such thing obligatory to download the mod, because in this case we're not speaking anymore about donating, but we're speaking about purchasing.

Modding spirit is what some people do to enrich gaming communities and related games, do you really want to kill all of this?

Finally i wrote this, 'cause i was afraid wirting this considering that this suggestion has been already posted by me but i have had my post deleted and -4 reputation points in a row.

Despite what i wrote here, i wanna be sure that you know that i own NTTR since day1 and ALL of the DCS modules, many of them in preorder or at full price And no it's not a matter of moneys expecially for 9,99 or 15,00 bucks or whatever

rgrds

Simon

Edited by Simon1279
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 8700K @ 4.9 ghz, SSD 850 evo, MSI Z370 Gaming Pro, GTX 1080Ti, F/A-18C in the garage, F-16C in the backyard, F-14B in the garden

the same here , all my future purchase from ED are on hold till i see how this is resolved ,i was really waiting for this one .

Same here!

Same here. On a temp hold until the texture pack gets released. My friends are in the same boat

Couldnt we think of some type of solution like buying out Starways textures through donations and when Starway decides his work has been paid, then he donates the textures to DCS to include for free? Does anyone have a better idea to make this a win-win situation?

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

Does anyone have a better idea to make this a win-win situation?

Yes. Drop it until Starway gets back and decides what he is going to do with HIS project.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

To streamline this kind of thing in the future, would there be any merit to adding menu dropdowns for persistently selecting texture packs for a theater they way they currently have them for cockpits?

For when it goes wrong: Win10x64, GTX1080, Intel i7 @3.5 GHz, 32GB DDR3, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5 / Vive Pro, a case of Pabst, The Funk

Starway , Im following the Lock on / Flaming Cliffs / DCS Community since day one.... if there is one advice I can give you here then the following:

Whater ever the option is, make sure you provide your fantastic mod SOON !

PPl will start loosing interest if the release questionmark stays this way for weeks...the modder competition -especially for terrain - is tough out there (talented guys like Barthek; etc..) ;

you have a strong Fan Base commitment including the willingness to pay for your mod out there, but I guess that won't remain 4 ever..

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

:( effrontery! what about the other modders Barthek uboat Ranger79 etc. who have worked very much! how much money you should give them? that's quite unfair. I do not understand ED also! why you allow this. I don't buy it!

dont get the point here... every modder has the free choice whether to give the work to the community for free or to request donation. Some modders go this way , others go for 2nd option. Not an issue at all.

Plus: PPls are free to decide which mods to get.

Is it up to the Fan base to decide which Modder should be payed and which not? I think NO.

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

dont get the point here... every modder has the free choice whether to give the work to the community for free or to request donation. Some modders go this way , others go for 2nd option. Not an issue at all.

Plus: PPls are free to decide which mods to get.

Is it up to the Fan base to decide which Modder should be payed and which not? I think NO.

"Support for Starway's DLC is unfair toward other texture modders"

Did you honestly have to respond to such a logic?

...I was just too amazed by such a logic to leave it uncommented..

How is it unfair when texture modders are doing it voluntarily?

Win 10 | i7 4770 @ 3.5GHz | 32GB DDR3 | 6 GB GTX1060

Thank you for your patience but I really had to think hard about this. So here is the plan:

I will set up a wordpress site with a donation option. The texture pack is on hold until the amount of 2000$ is reached. Then the T3 package will we provided for the whole community for free. When the amount of donations will reach 3000 $ I will release the T4 package under the same conditions.

Please be aware that this is not only a mod, even it has lost its official status, content wise it is still a DLC. I put more than a year of work into this, many rounds of corrections with ED and even jeopardized my real life job for this. That is why I can't just give it out for free. I hope you understand.

All the best,

Starway

System: Intel Core i5 3570K | GTX 980 OC | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | 500 GB SSD

I actually wish that some of the fantastic community modders who have voluntarily contributed to the community did have a donate button / Patreon account somewhere.

Given the hours and hours and hours of enjoyment I've gotten from their work, I think I owe Uboats and Devrim (amongst others), at least a case of beer :D

Thank you for your patience but I really had to think hard about this. So here is the plan:

I will set up a wordpress site with a donation option. The texture pack is on hold until the amount of 2000$ is reached. Then the T3 package will we provided for the whole community for free. When the amount of donations will reach 3000 $ I will release the T4 package under the same conditions.

What do you mean with T3 and T4? The "stages" of DCS World 2.0/ 2.5? So, the support for the next DCS updates?

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't think anyone expected it for free. Surely I didn't. So we contribute but can't get it until the magic numbers are reached incrementally? I'm struggling with that. Wonder how long that might take? What if it goes slow. I want it now and I am sure I'm not alone. Why can't we just pay and play...so why can we not get a dl as we pay?

I see a lot of people holding out to get it free. That could be problematic.

Edited by MegOhm_SD
  • Like 1

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10