** Enhancement Thread **

Mt5_Roie

So are you referring to a model with just the TV system, but no weapons - or the civilian version with no tv and camera?

It seems Teapot and I have allot of the same life experiences won't speak for him but I would put my vote and recommendation for a slick gazelle still military variant but only for transport of a small Oda size element :).

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

So are you referring to a model with just the TV system, but no weapons - or the civilian version with no tv and camera?

British scout version would be nice... more or less, the SA-342L without the Gun and Rockets.

It is used for Helicopter pilot training and as Forward Observer for Artillery...

Now if we could send coordinates to an AI Artillery Company. That would be cool.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

British scout version would be nice... more or less, the SA-342L without the Gun and Rockets.

It is used for Helicopter pilot training and as Forward Observer for Artillery...

Now if we could send coordinates to an AI Artillery Company. That would be cool.

Exactly this route this is what Dcs world should be all about not the Air Quake!

Yea! This would be perfect.

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

Yea! This would be perfect.

The tactical role of a scout is different from a Attack chopper like the Ka-50.

We can't expect a Gazelle to take on a BMP company head on.

It would more likely scout ahead, identify larger or more dangerous forces, delay their advance and call in the big guys. :)

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

The tactical role of a scout is different from a Attack chopper like the Ka-50.

We can't expect a Gazelle to take on a BMP company head on.

It would more likely scout ahead, identify larger or more dangerous forces, delay their advance and call in the big guys. :)

Heck ya Kiowa style great role to play in Dcs world I get more satisfaction sneaking in the little whirly birds getting coordinates for the fast movers. I still have allot to learn on the Gazz just got it yesterday wonderful bird. Does the sighting system have ability to gather coordinates of designated tgts?

Does the sighting system have ability to gather coordinates of designated tgts?

Nope, old school. NADIR can give your ccoordinates L/L or UTM (mind NOT MGRS), then either judge distance/or in the SA-342M use the laser to measure distance, or judge by sight.

Shagrat

SNEB EAP we got now with the SA342L is the HE variant, correct? Could we also get the ECC (HEAT) flavour, please?

And a question: what kind of projectile does the GIAT use ... and ofc could we get other types as well? :o)

I'm familiar with that role, but we used a Kiowa.

Ah .. I see Enduro beat me to it :)

Nope, old school. NADIR can give your ccoordinates L/L or UTM (mind NOT MGRS), then either judge distance/or in the SA-342M use the laser to measure distance, or judge by sight.

I guess I did it really old school; by sight, with a prismatic compass, a protractor and a map ... and a radio.

Edited by Teapot

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

I'm familiar with that role, but we used a Kiowa.

Ah .. I see Enduro beat me to it :)

I guess I did it really old school; by sight, with a prismatic compass, a protractor and a map ... and a radio.

My comment was actually supportive.

I would like to see more support for the scout role...

Shagrat

My comment was actually supportive.

I would like to see more support for the scout role...

:thumbup:

Nice chopper, but any chance to have an unweaponised version down the track?

+1

The Huey comes in civilian/unweaponized version, so why not the Gazelle?

Would be fine with me too. :)

Edited by Sporg

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

A few things I would like to see from a controller standpoint:

• Add discrete switch commands to complement the cycle/toggle commands you have right now. This is especially the case for the autopilot mode switch up/down to also have "altitude", "speed" and "neutral" commands.
  • Building on the above, having exclusive switch commands for Warthog switches would make a lot of people happy, though not at the expense of discrete positions in the first bullet. For example, the autopilot mode switch would be "Altitude/Neutral" and "Speed/Neutral", where "on" would be altitude or speed and off would be neutral.
  • Finally, please map the knobs on the NADIR. I would like to add the NADIR display mode knob to a MFD rocker switch.

Finally, thank you for everything and keep up the good work! :pilotfly:

extracting co-ordinates from the Viviane would open a whole new world for observables and make them a serious asset on the battle field...

Especially if you could export those co-ordinates to the coms menu for artillery call or broadcast to team members which could than be transferred to each members kneeboard map... that would be sweet.

This.....

Or maybe (though it´s not realistic) add the option to be able to kind of lock the target in the Viviane inorder to issue "Attack my target" command to to other units.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

I've been poking around the default texture zip file, and found the quite interesting file SA342_V2_Sight.dds, which looks a lot like the gyro stabilized binocular sight used in Royal Army Air Corps Gazelles. Are there any plans to implement a simulation of a fully featured Ferranti AF532 sight (which was at least planned to have an optional laser designator module, though I don't know if this was ever used)?

Edited by drPhibes
typo

This.....

Or maybe (though it´s not realistic) add the option to be able to kind of lock the target in the Viviane inorder to issue "Attack my target" command to to other units.

I think the problem with this is that it simplifies too much and eradicates the advantage some of our modules have that was the result of millions of dollars of research.

For example the Kamov (1) can transmit a target to another kamov (2) which displays on Kamovs 2 moving map, then with a few buttons pressed the map target can be selected and a simple un-caging of the sight causes the kamovs sighting system to automatically slew to target or there abouts (no target system is perfect), This allows fast destruction of targets. This data communication took money to develop and allows minimum work to kill targets.

For the case of observables; a transmittable visual location on the kneeboard map (received from the observation chopper/Jtac) would allow the receiver to mark his own position in relation to the target but the receiver still has to do some work to prosecute the target. This ensures that the Kamov still maintains its inherent communication advantage.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

+1 on adding a cockpit vibrations slider in the special options (same as in the MiG21 module).

I appreciate the realism but all that shaking on my screen doesn't really bring much benefit except straining my eyes. I would rather have this at 20% or something.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Regards!

I don't know if this is already planned...

PERISCOPE SIGHT/BINOCULARS

Seems like it is mounted on most of the Gazelle models. Even with the Vivianne system. My guess is that the Vivianne monitor is mostly used for getting range info with laser, IR vision with targeting at night and moving map. But monitor is not the primary aiming tool in daytime. The periscope is also featured in loading screenshot on the S342L.

Here is the periscope sight used with the Vivianne system:

[ame]

[/ame]

MALJUTKA MISSILES / HOT (old version)

Would be a great addition for eastern conflicts and for Straits of Hormuz map. It has been used quite a lot on the Gazelle in the Middle Eastern conflicts. Maybe on the 342L version with periscope or aligned with pilot gunsight.

MOVING MAP ON MONITOR

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to see you guys tweak the 'Instant Missions' nobody needs 4x target range, but cold start, T/O from RWY should be in atleast. The only hot start has a bloody ceiling which auto aborts the mission.

Everytime I want to fly Gazelle SP I have to go the annoying way over create fast mission, nearly every module has atleast a hot start in instant action, please add. :)

Is there a way to only display the pilot in the cockpit, removing the copilot/gunner? Right now, the toggle option allows one to remove the pilot and the copilot, but it does not allow for having the pilot in there by himself... Would be nice. :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

+1 on adding a cockpit vibrations slider in the special options (same as in the MiG21 module).

I appreciate the realism but all that shaking on my screen doesn't really bring much benefit except straining my eyes. I would rather have this at 20% or something.

+100

this is seriously an issue, maybe not for most people but for me it makes it more or less unplayable for longer periods :(

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

I love the shake, rattle and roll.

A slider would be the way to go but would this offer an advantage?

Should this be MP server definable?

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.