Announcement - new A-10C DLC training campaign

That's a shame. With the (Now Official) Benchmark Sim (BMS) 4.33 mod installed, F4 is a whole new kettle of fish - gfx are much, much better, and it has lots of nice radar, weapon and onboard system improvements, as well as 3d clickable cockpits and new campaign areas such as Israel and the Balkans. Just check out the vid on the link above.

Edited by mkiii
spelling sucks

Yea looks very nice actually but I've got enough on my plate with this baby.

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

Yea, that's what I've been doing with this one. This manual is really good I reckon cause it relates specifically to keyboard and HOTAS functions and explains the tech stuff in a way that's understandable for newbys and the average Simmer. I think Falcon 4.0 was too techy, well back in 98 I guess it seemed that way. The whole DCS program and support base here is excellent.

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

thumbup.gif

Can't wait for this trainer to be released I'm using the basic trainer for 1.5 and can't stand it. The instructor vanishing for 5 minutes at a time, Auto Pilot turning off for no reason, secession just ending halfway through.

I would be nice if this trainer could be released if stages as new task come out we could add them to the sim.

13700K, MSI Z690 D4 Edge wifi, Swiftech H360X3 Cooling with Corsair Water Block, Gigabyte 4090 OC, 64gb Trident Z 3600 CL16, Evga 850W G2 power supply, TM Warthog,  MFG Crosswinds Rudder, TrackIR 5, HP Reverb 2, Pimax Crystal

Hey!

A quick update from our side as where we are.

We have a temporary break from scriptwriting and recording for a very good reason, as Doughboy with whom we are developing the campaign became a father very recently :) so he is currently busy with a new small member of our development team, but will be back on track soon.

As for the progress we are more or less done with first four missions: startup and basic flight (the one featured in great Bunyap's video), basic navigation, advanced navigation (including TOT, waypoint attributes etc.) and mission four which will be a surprise. Let me just say it takes place on 4th of July :)

For the rest we are doing bits and pieces on different systems, but the plans are pretty ambitious, including AAR practice, ILS and TACAN navigation / landing, some emergency procedures, in-depth TAD tutorial, offset points and bullseye plus several missions with detailed weapons tutorials (did I mentioned that Doughboy served in Nellis as AMMO? So he knows his stuff!). And then of course putting it all into practice.

Can't give any deadlines, but we are progressing and doing our best to make sure that you will get the top quality campaign / training, with sticking as much as possible to real life procedures, comms etc.

Can't wait for this trainer to be released I'm using the basic trainer for 1.5 and can't stand it. The instructor vanishing for 5 minutes at a time, Auto Pilot turning off for no reason, secession just ending halfway through.

I would be nice if this trainer could be released if stages as new task come out we could add them to the sim.

Unfortunately, it cannot be released in stages due to the very nature of the DLC :( we are doing our best to deliver this as quickly as possible, though we definitely want to focus more on full content than on timing.

Just to give you an idea, the first 4 missions have around 1500 voiceovers, some as long as 1 minute. Imagine the sheer amount of time needed just to apply all the filters to them, not to mention building the mission, plugging them all in, making sure that all the frequencies are correct, double checking all the triggers etc. etc.

But we're progressing and we are very happy with what we have so far. So stay tuned!

And gratz to Doughboy :thumbup:

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

[...] Doughboy with whom we are developing the campaign became a father very recently :)

That's great to hear, congratulations Doughboy!

As for the campaign, IMHO you should take all the time you need as long as it becomes as great as your previous campaigns. :thumbup:

congratulations and god bless. looking forward to this.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I am really looking forward to this campaign and this will be a sure buy for me. I have started DCS and learning the A-10c last summer with Chuck's guide in the beginning, Bunyaps, Fire's youtube series and now going through the ED A-10c manual one by one. I am doing it all on the NTTR map. NTTR provides for that immersive learning, testing and training backdrop, which in combination with all the training campaigns coming for it (yours and maple flag stuff) makes for a pretty authentic aviation experience.

So my plan is as follows: learn as much from the manual and through trial an error as well as all the awesome stuff by the 476th vFG on NTTR. When your campaing hits finanilze/repeat and enhance (and i am sure there will be lots of things in it that i did not pick up on before) everything in one cohesive manner. Then move on the all the training/test campaigns by maple flag when these get released for NTTR....then finally finish it off with the Red Flag campaign.

And then i think i might be ready for the 'real campaings' on the Caucasus map...

So....take as much time as you feel is necessary to make the authoritative 'learning and training' campaign for the A-10c for years to come. If it takes 9 months or whatever longer than you'd hoped, then so be it. The beauty about dcs is: what you buy is of great quality and you keep it as long as dcs will exist. Not like Battlefield or the like where you throw everything away like every 2 to 3 years.

So good luck and patience to both of you. Cheers.

Edited by sc_neo

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks BD, this is going to be awesome, can't wait! :o)

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, an update made on another thread, but I thought I'd copy it in here too:

The campaign is coming together, although with some slowdowns. We had a break first due to half of our team (Doughboy) having a new kid, then due to bugs in initial release of 2.1 but we're moving forward with research and mission building / voice recording.

We have met very cool people along the way who are giving us their expertise, including retired A-10 driver and instructor, former boom operator on the tanker (for air to air refuelling mission - cheers to Sierra99) and current ATC working on one of AF bases for better ATC experience in the missions.

We are working to have a small surprise for you for 4th of July and also considering releasing the first mission featured in Bunyap's video as an open demo for everyone to see what to expect.

Cheers!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Hey guys, an update made on another thread, but I thought I'd copy it in here too:

The campaign is coming together, although with some slowdowns. We had a break first due to half of our team (Doughboy) having a new kid, then due to bugs in initial release of 2.1 but we're moving forward with research and mission building / voice recording.

We have met very cool people along the way who are giving us their expertise, including retired A-10 driver and instructor, former boom operator on the tanker (for air to air refuelling mission - cheers to Sierra99) and current ATC working on one of AF bases for better ATC experience in the missions.

We are working to have a small surprise for you for 4th of July and also considering releasing the first mission featured in Bunyap's video as an open demo for everyone to see what to expect.

Cheers!

Nice update. Looking forward for the demo.

Kind regards,

Lino_Germany

:) ... will note it on my Calendar, I really love training campaigns ... even more so for difficult to learn planes, like the A-10C :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 2 weeks later...