Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 7

gregzagk

How on earth is this blueflag related? there are like 100 threads on missiles performance on this forum please take it over there.

Please read my last three lines on the post above you.

Regards.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Small Announcement

Hi All, for the last few months I've been working on a small side project that will hopefully make it to a BuddySpike round soon... although I'm away for the next month so it will be delayed at bit :P

Introducing the snappily named: DCS Simple Radio Standalone

The goal of this project is to bring integrated Radio Comms into DCS similar to my existing TS plugin and others (Aries, UniversRadio, TARS) but without relying on TeamSpeak.

The Standalone is meant to be a compliment for TS, allowing players to use Full Radio voice comms if they want with the eventual goal of the program automatically connecting when connecting to a multiplayer server. TS is then used as a fall back to establish frequencies or for those that don't have the radio.

Its quite early days but currently I have working:

• All FC3 Aircraft with Realistic Radios and Frequencies
  • All Clickable cockpit aircraft including Gazelle
  • Hotkeys for PTT + Switching Active Radio (Gazelle + FC3 only)
  • GCI / CA Radio
  • Radio Overlay indicating current frequencies, selected radio and active light
  • Built from Scratch voice protocol using OPUS encoding

A few people are currently putting it through its paces and some early feedback is already being incorporated (microphone boost, and Frequency HotKeys) but I hope you can all see the potential.

If you're interested, you can see the code and software here: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/releases/tag/v1.0.0.1

You only need to run the installer to install the Scripts into DCS. The SR-Server.exe can be run without the installer.

When I'm back I'll open a dedicated thread to keep you all updated on progress. There is a lot more to do but I thought I'd post to keep everyone up to date :)

Awesome! Can't really understand why no one else have started using the Opus Codec, open and free. Same codec as Mumble is using. Thank you for this Ciribob :thumbup:

Small Announcement

Introducing the snappily named: DCS Simple Radio Standalone

This! It's such a huge thing for this community and I think most people don't even know it.

I tried getting a few servers to run it but alas I don't think they see the impact of it.

(EDIT: Went on a bit of a rant here. Explaining why it should be used. Probably wrong thread for that)

Every server should use this. I hope to see it integrated into DCS as mumble became integrated or automated in PR.

I would even argue it's more important than some aircraft/moduels (if I was give the choice).

Thank you Ciribob.

Edited by SpeedStick

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

This! It's such a huge thing for this community and I think most people don't even know it.

I tried getting a few servers to run it but alas I don't think they see the impact of it.

(EDIT: Went on a bit of a rant here. Explaining why it should be used. Probably wrong thread for that)

Every server should use this. I hope to see it integrated into DCS as mumble became integrated or automated in PR.

I would even argue it's more important than some aircraft/moduels (if I was give the choice).

Thank you Ciribob.

Implemented radio can offer much more realistic gameplay options like we had in the past during BMS events.

If everything goes as planned we should have much like that in the near future.

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

As much as I love integrated radio for games where it is useful (simulations especially, ArmA and stuff), it has always proven to be tricky in open servers/open events, because...well of the human condition. :> The only times I have seen this truly work is with an enforced whitelisting-system. You show a Supporter that you got it installed and it works - you may join. I do not know if DCS has a whitelisting-system, although providing a password-protection for the server could also be a solution. Alas, BS always wanted to keep the server open. I fear this might fracture the players even more in terms of communication, which is bad enough as it is, at least for RED, since we got a lot of language barriers going on anyway and a lot of our guys are not in TS. As much as I'd like to zap through the then probably emerging frequencies to enjoy an authentic "Cyka Blin!", it might prove to be a challenge to implement in our environment. :D

"120s are OP! 120s are OP! Get rid of 120s and it'll be fair."

Ok. Done. OP 120s are gone.

"...."

"...."

"AIM-7s are OP! AIM-7s are OP!"

Skylake 6600K(4.5GHz) | EVGA GTX970 FTW | 16GB 2666 DDR4 Corsair Vengeance | MSI Z170A Krait | Windows 10 (64bit) | X52 Pro | TrackIR 5

Hawk T.1A | F-15C | F-86F | UH-1H | A-10C | P-51D | F-5E | M-2000C

USAF Pilot w/ T-6/T-38 Time

Yes it is true, people will struggle with the concept, even now it is impossible to get people to split up into groups and use teamspeak's own channel commander function, which would be somewhat similar, I can only imagine the chaos if they have to take care of an extra application and radio frequencies.

I know it is the aim to keep the event as open as possible, but in my opinion it is too open now, people who have no idea what is going on join the server, they are not even required to be in TS, read the SOP or be in any way disciplined about the way they approach the campaign.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"DCS World is the main public build, it has nothing to do with being stable" -Bignewy

As much as I love integrated radio for games where it is useful (simulations especially, ArmA and stuff), it has always proven to be tricky in open servers/open events, because...well of the human condition. :> The only times I have seen this truly work is with an enforced whitelisting-system. You show a Supporter that you got it installed and it works - you may join. I do not know if DCS has a whitelisting-system, although providing a password-protection for the server could also be a solution. Alas, BS always wanted to keep the server open. I fear this might fracture the players even more in terms of communication, which is bad enough as it is, at least for RED, since we got a lot of language barriers going on anyway and a lot of our guys are not in TS. As much as I'd like to zap through the then probably emerging frequencies to enjoy an authentic "Cyka Blin!", it might prove to be a challenge to implement in our environment. :D

No Worries, its not a replacement for TS and as I say the idea is to make it as easy as possible, the same as the current desktop app is to get running. The eventual idea is that it will auto connect if you connect to a server running the radio software.

My goal as I say is to end up just like Project Reality did with Mumble.

People of course have the option of not using it, the same as they do with TS currently and it does have a long way to go. If no one uses it or its too complicated then we won't use it :)

We'll also make videos and documents to help people as well.

It's also nice to try to push what's possible to make it more interesting! :)

Edited by Ciribob

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

CiriBob.

Will this enable us to use comms much the same way we have IVC in BMS?

Meaning that we can have MULTIPLE radio frequencies with MULTIPLE buttons for them?

EX: Have UHF channel to talk to flight of F-15s, FM channel to talk to your own squadron, AM to talk to AWACS. Something of that nature? Or just one channel for now?

RED FLAG for BMS was rather well structured that way as we used one channel I think to talk to anyone within 10 miles of the airfield you are occupying to self manage air traffic without any need of ATC, then after take off you would switch to the GUARD channel (I think) to talk to AWACS. Then our secondary Victor channels were for our personal flight groups so we don't step on anyone else. I really miss that comms organization.

Edited by ralfidude

CiriBob.

Will this enable us to use comms much the same way we have IVC in BMS?

Meaning that we can have MULTIPLE radio frequencies with MULTIPLE buttons for them?

EX: Have UHF channel to talk to flight of F-15s, FM channel to talk to your own squadron, AM to talk to AWACS. Something of that nature? Or just one channel for now?

RED FLAG for BMS was rather well structured that way as we used one channel I think to talk to anyone within 10 miles of the airfield you are occupying to self manage air traffic without any need of ATC, then after take off you would switch to the GUARD channel (I think) to talk to AWACS. Then our secondary Victor channels were for our personal flight groups so we don't step on anyone else. I really miss that comms organization.

The idea is similar to IVC and thats what I was trying to replicate as that is so easy to setup and use.

Here is a video showing my old plugin for Teamspeak and the principal is the same for the new standalone version:

You get how ever many radios the real aircraft has and can listen on all 3 and transmit on any one at any time.

For example in the A-10C you've got:

251 UHF AM

117 VHF AM

30 FM

You'll be able to listen on all 3 and actually a 4th by setting your UHF Radio into Guard Mode. This is all working now in this current alpha version :)

Thanks to Capt. Zeen, Tarres and Splash's help on the old TS version of SimpleRadio i've got the correct radios and realistic frequency limits for all the FC3 aircraft as well.

Have a look at some videos of Tars / Aries / UniversRadio as they all work in the same way, the major difference is they all use Teamspeak whereas this one is from scratch so we can do interesting things with the DCS integration and mess around with the protocol much more. It also means setting up a server is as easy as just running the exe and opening ports, no messing around with permissions and flood limits. It also means its easy to fall back to TS if needed.

I'll reiterate though that this is very early on and there will be bugs and issues! Greg, Xcom and Pikey/Mule are all putting it through its paces so when I come back from holiday I've got a big list of stuff to fix :D

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Yes! Ralfidude.

This is exactly that concept, when we discussed it with Ciribob on how to push forward the simple radio he created which will have a huge impact on gameplay in DCS, this is what we had in mind.

We want to get the communication now to the next level, the taste of what is achievable now with TS only is a fracture of how it will feel once this new radio by Ciribob is implemented.

I think Ciribob's dedication speaks for it self, if anything we should be thankful he is moving DCS in that direction as well!

-=42VFG=- have been using the radio mod ive yet to install it, But the guys say its great been able to use the radios in cockpit then having a separate panel feature thats to big that gets in the way and has to be on top. (Ok if you have two screens) We will use this in our future co-op missions :thumbup:

Edited by Coxy_99

Yes! Ralfidude.

This is exactly that concept, when we discussed it with Ciribob on how to push forward the simple radio he created which will have a huge impact on gameplay in DCS, this is what we had in mind.

We want to get the communication now to the next level, the taste of what is achievable now with TS only is a fracture of how it will feel once this new radio by Ciribob is implemented.

I think Ciribob's dedication speaks for it self, if anything we should be thankful he is moving DCS in that direction as well!

What about performance impact, I know there were some issues with a larger player base connecting to Aries, has this been tested or are there be no forseeable issues.

Edited by Frostie

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

What about performance impact, I know there was some issues with a large player base connecting to Aries, has this been tested or are there be no forseeable issues.

Nope not tested yet. As i say this is alpha at best! However as we're not using teamspeak and all the network code and voice handling is written by me, any bottlenecks can hopefully be optimised away :)

Disabled team and all chat, mandatory simple radio, brevity, final destination

Does it simulate radio signal degradation? Will certain aircraft be able to configure their radios to act as relays? Channel scanning and cross band translation?

That was a nice effort, but your radio system will just get blocked as all other software.

You guys all cried for Leavu to Leave, so this plugin will get useless as soon as ED will block Export.lua

Nice try too, this may get useful for squadron event. :)

#CynicalLaugh ON

• Like 1

Does it simulate radio signal degradation? Will certain aircraft be able to configure their radios to act as relays? Channel scanning and cross band translation?

None of these features yet, as I say its just a proof of concept showing that its possible to build your own voice client (No Mumble or Teamspeak code!) and integrate with DCS. All this will come in time (and when im back from holiday) :)

That was a nice effort, but your radio system will just get blocked as all other software.

You guys all cried for Leavu to Leave, so this plugin will get useless as soon as ED will block Export.lua

#CynicalLaugh ON

ED are not blocking export they are giving options to block for server owners. ;)

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

• ED Team

#CynicalLaugh ON

Not if he works with ED and gets it approved as an official addon or atleast something that can be whitelisted. So negative..

Anyways, this thread is a giant cluster.... if it doesnt get back on the topic of round 7 of Blue Flag I will close it, everyday its a new topic and or deletions and warnings in here.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Sorry yes, didn't realise people would be quite so interested so should've posted in a new thread!

Back on topic:

BLUE PILOTS - Defend your homeland!

Screenshot%202016-06-07%2018.54.10_zpsjekfxwa4.png~original

The idea is similar to IVC and thats what I was trying to replicate as that is so easy to setup and use.

Here is a video showing my old plugin for Teamspeak and the principal is the same for the new standalone version:

You get how ever many radios the real aircraft has and can listen on all 3 and transmit on any one at any time.

For example in the A-10C you've got:

251 UHF AM

117 VHF AM

30 FM

You'll be able to listen on all 3 and actually a 4th by setting your UHF Radio into Guard Mode. This is all working now in this current alpha version :)

Thanks to Capt. Zeen, Tarres and Splash's help on the old TS version of SimpleRadio i've got the correct radios and realistic frequency limits for all the FC3 aircraft as well.

Have a look at some videos of Tars / Aries / UniversRadio as they all work in the same way, the major difference is they all use Teamspeak whereas this one is from scratch so we can do interesting things with the DCS integration and mess around with the protocol much more. It also means setting up a server is as easy as just running the exe and opening ports, no messing around with permissions and flood limits. It also means its easy to fall back to TS if needed.

I'll reiterate though that this is very early on and there will be bugs and issues! Greg, Xcom and Pikey/Mule are all putting it through its paces so when I come back from holiday I've got a big list of stuff to fix :D

This is great guys!!! have mix will et people give a chance to select what they want to use!

Not if he works with ED and gets it approved as an official addon or atleast something that can be whitelisted. So negative..

Anyways, this thread is a giant cluster.... if it doesnt get back on the topic of round 7 of Blue Flag I will close it, everyday its a new topic and or deletions and warnings in here.

Not to get into the IC thing but I understood it as export on or off. Not what mods can be used and cannot. If I recall correctly export had three levels.

That means buddy spike could keep it like it is now if they wanted to. It would be server setting.

Found the post here

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2767482&postcount=178

Edited by mia389

Looks like red are all in , gonna take a miracle for blue to come back.

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]