VSN flyable aircraft mods

Visit the VSN discord.

The download site has been removed by the site admins.

It no longer exists.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

• 5 weeks later...

https://discord.gg/g7yMmKYs 

See if this works.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

or else, try this one:

https://discord.gg/8WhBT2D8

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 4 weeks later...

Aloha les amis.

A little "life-sign" from VSN. Here is the slightly updated VSN F-35 Lighning II (Ver. 1.9.1.103) with slightly tuned EFM and some added changes:

EFM:
- FBW switch (and Input/Command) added, which swiches FlyByWire on and off (you might want to leave it on)
- changed pitch behaviour with FBW-ON (very slight pitch down, almost stable att-hold)
- changed flight-behaviour in FBW-ON (I guess more like a lot of guys expect it to be)
- camera-shaker slightly reduced
- higher AoA in FBW-ON mode possible
- changed bahaviour of VTOL-Mode for F-35B (added pitch-thrust for more stable flight)

MissionEditor/Statics:
- F-35 gets displayed with open Bay-Doors to see what yo are loading onto it

F-35C and Carrier:
- problems remain. Cable gets caught, but does not slow the plane down enough.
SuperCarrier no response from DeckCrew: Force "Hook-to-Cat" is possible by rolling onto the cat, lowering the launch bar and pressing the "Hook-To-Cat" command more than once. Cat gets "fired" when reaching AB-RPM. (If somebody finds the cures to those problems, let me know and I'll update the mod.)

https://drive.filen.io/d/75b7b60d-b94a-485d-bef0-2b7d2f3cf447#10i7zdbhjeYYFaGRezYlTPINyC2SR3Pt

Since there is a comunity-F-35 Lightning II in the making, that will be a lot better than ours (if you can trust the devs), we will (most likely) halt the developement of the F-35 here. There is no use in developing the exact same plane in parallel, since somebody will eventually waste his or her time doing that, and time is to precious to be wasted.

Cheers and enjoy the plane,

PeeJott.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, PeeJott17 said:

Cheers and enjoy the plane,

Thanks a lot @PeeJott17, looks really nice and seems to work with no issues on my DCS 🙂 

OysG6h3.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

• 3 weeks later...

Guys are the VSN Aircraft Mods still working with DCS 2.9?.....I am about to install the F-105 Mod latest version VSN_F105 V2.5.6.10 FC3 SFM.

However if it is now not working I won't bother.....I have come back to DCS after a three year absence because of the F-4 being released and wanted a few other period aircraft to use merely as AI Map fillers.I see the original VSN download site has now taken off all their mods,and only picked this download up through a search for it.

The VSN F105D and G versions look so nice I just had to download them,but I thought I would check here for confirmation of them still working.I will point out I have no intention of flying them.Just to use them within the editor for bombing missions.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

Every mod from the link Kobra has posted should work as ai and player.

I have most.

This and the MAM mod should fill your airbase just fine.

May I suggest one other?

The Massun92´s Asset Pack is a outstanding addition to any airbase.

@Basco - all the VSN mods work in 2.9++

PC specs:

Intel Core i7-13700K [Raptor Lake 3.4GHz Sixteen-Core LGA 1700] (stock clock)/64.0 GB RAM/RTX 3080 GPU (stock clock)/Windows 10 Home/SSD Drives/T.Flight HOTAS X/HP Reverb G2

• 1 month later...

Hello there.

We just released the VSN F-106 DeltaDart. A FC3 based EFM mod with a custom pit. If you like, you can take a look here:

and download the mod right here:

https://drive.filen.io/d/453c8ea1-f087-467a-890f-952786fa7915#i6EWVHo5tJFQdrEjts3Lt0mshDXn4GTz

SkinPacks, thanks to Urbi, can be downloaded here:

https://drive.filen.io/d/4e2d334a-4054-464d-bac2-34cb9d4311ba#jCgBsLioSt33RN8RqzWOwiAo3n8CuCpx

and here:

https://drive.filen.io/d/29c5db68-4846-4077-b65b-7ef705fa361e#p72Di64FhF9Wvak62UpCltFJt65FfWDp

Big thanks to JP-Ferree for the cool trailer and the menu pictures, Pallino66HD for the soundtrack and Phil from Virtavia.com for getting us a license to use the really cool model.

If you are into DCS-modding, you will find the source-files for the EFM in the download. Please keep in mind, that the VSN_F106 EFM is based on the VSN_F104 EFM (except of course the data for aerodynamics) which is, in some parts, based on the A-4EFM. You are free to use this EFM or parts from it, when complying to the GPL-3 licensing agreement, which you'll find there as well.

Edited by PeeJott17
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, PeeJott17 said:

We just released the VSN F-106 DeltaDart. A FC3 based EFM mod with a custom pit.

Thank you so much, will try it out now 🙂  ... this is a natural for the Nevada Map 👍

SwzhMCS.jpg

6VdS8sx.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, PeeJott17 said:

Hello there.

We just released the VSN F-106 DeltaDart. A FC3 based EFM mod with a custom pit. If you like, you can take a look here:

and download the mod right here:

https://drive.filen.io/d/453c8ea1-f087-467a-890f-952786fa7915#i6EWVHo5tJFQdrEjts3Lt0mshDXn4GTz

SkinPacks, thanks to Urbi, can be downloaded here:

https://drive.filen.io/d/4e2d334a-4054-464d-bac2-34cb9d4311ba#jCgBsLioSt33RN8RqzWOwiAo3n8CuCpx

and here:

https://drive.filen.io/d/29c5db68-4846-4077-b65b-7ef705fa361e#p72Di64FhF9Wvak62UpCltFJt65FfWDp

Big thanks to JP-Ferree for the cool trailer and the menu pictures, Pallino66HD for the soundtrack and Phil from Virtavia.com for getting us a license to use the really cool model.

If you are into DCS-modding, you will find the source-files for the EFM in the download. Please keep in mind, that the VSN_F106 EFM is based on the VSN_F104 EFM (except of course the data for aerodynamics) which is, in some parts, based on the A-4EFM. You are free to use this EFM or parts from it, when complying to the GPL-3 licensing agreement, which you'll find there as well.

Thanks very much, from this legendary aircraft we are missing Mirage III/5 family 🙂

10 minutes ago, Gogi12 said:

Thanks very much, from this legendary aircraft we are missing Mirage III/5 family 🙂

You are sooo spot on @Gogi12 ;-)

And another cool video from @Spino who really nails the use of the early Six pretty darn good in his vid. That makes the reason the "Six-Shooter" project was initiated pretty clear, even more so when you add the "lessons learned" from Vietnam dogfights:

• Like 5

On 2/17/2024 at 1:36 AM, EA-18G_BlockII said:

looks like there is a problem with EA-6B's texture, can you check @PeeJott17 , i downloaded the newest build from VSN discord though?

image_2024-02-17_133614095.png

I noticed the same thing with the EA-6.

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3

Please could you tell me what the procedure is to open fire with the F106? I lock the target, open the doors, but I can't open fire. The same thing happens to me with Falcons with thermal heads.

Thanks 

Asus Rog Strix Z390F, i9-9900K, 64GB Crucial DDR4/3300, RTX3080, NVMe M.2 980 Pro 1T x2, SSD Evo 860 1T x2, Seagate Barracuda 1T, Seagate Barracuda 6T, HP X32C, HP Reverb G1

3 hours ago, Joe1978 said:

Please could you tell me what the procedure is to open fire with the F106? I lock the target, open the doors, but I can't open fire. The same thing happens to me with Falcons with thermal heads.

Thanks 

Are you in navigation mode?

I tried it last night and I fired the radar and IR guided Falcons no problem, and I don't remember doing anything special.

• Like 1

hace 20 horas, diego999 dijo:

Are you in navigation mode?

I tried it last night and I fired the radar and IR guided Falcons no problem, and I don't remember doing anything special.

Thanks Diego 

I have been testing a little and changing the radar mode and later "changing  weapon"  and I can fire both Falcons

EDIT: question, is possible use the Falcon with the F4D ?

Edited by Joe1978

Asus Rog Strix Z390F, i9-9900K, 64GB Crucial DDR4/3300, RTX3080, NVMe M.2 980 Pro 1T x2, SSD Evo 860 1T x2, Seagate Barracuda 1T, Seagate Barracuda 6T, HP X32C, HP Reverb G1

Is the cockpit not clickable on the F-106?  I haven't tried any of your VSN aircraft before.  Do any of them have clickable cockpits?

Any plans for making mods for the F-101B Voodoo and the F-102A Delta Dagger?  How about going beyond Century Series with mods for the F-89J Scorpion and F-86D (or L) Sabre Dog?  How about the F-6A (F4D-1) Skyray?  And the F-86H Sabre?

18 minutes ago, Andrew8604 said:

Is the cockpit not clickable on the F-106? 

it is not clickable, like an F-15C of flamming cliffs 3

haven't tried any of your VSN aircraft before.  Do any of them have clickable cockpits?

only the F-4B/C has a clickable cockpit

Any plans for making mods for the F-101B Voodoo and the F-102A Delta Dagger?  How about going beyond Century Series with mods for the F-89J Scorpion and F-86D (or L) Sabre Dog?  How about the F-6A (F4D-1) Skyray?  And the F-86H Sabre?

how about trying out what VSN has already provided … before asking for more?

• Thanks 1