Sweden/Baltic theater/map

MickeEinSweden

Swedish map?! What is that supposed to be? Sweden itself? Where did you hear that? Or is it just a hoping question? :)

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

From the Q&A just after the announcement:

"Cobra8472Leatherneck Simulations 22 points 1 day ago

Very good! We have a permanent art team in Swinoujscie, Poland-- which are almost exclusively dedicated to developing new maps."

We are getting a Swedish map :)

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

AFAIK it has never been stated that they will make a Swedish map. - Only that they will make a small theatre for both the F-14 (said to be "cold and oceany") and for the Viggen.

The fact that it would be hard to think of Viggen-appropriate theatre not containing a piece of Swedish territory is a different matter. :-)

Well, when we are already dreaming why not a map where we have: Sweden, Finland & Russia THEN we can fly SWE Viggen, FIN Hawk, Mig-21 & F-18 and a then all the Russian planes on the russian side! :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 10 Pro - Asus Z370 Prime A - i7-8700K @ 3.70GHz - 32 GB DDR4 - Nvidia GTX 1080 - Oculus Rift CV1 - HOTAS Warthog - CH Pro Pedals

Puukko - Kossu - HK Sininen Lenkki

A North Cape / Murmansk map would be my obvious choice. With northern Sweden included it would be suitable for F-14, Viggen and even the Corsair campaigns (FAA strikes against Tirpitz in Altafjord).

A Baltic Sea map featuring strategic islands like Gotland and Åland would also be nice.

Would be nice to have Denmark included. Stratetic placed as the doorway to the east. Small country but lots of bridges and Islands. And dont forget the little mermaid in Copenhagen and Carlsberg ☀️Anyhow the whole of Scandinavia would be cool.

:pilotfly:Wolfpack Production:pilotfly:

-=<[WiN 10, I7 3770K @ 4,5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Dominator, Sapphire 7970 VaporX 6GB, C70 Vengance, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro rudder, Track IR, Beyerdynamics MMX 300 ]>=-

DCS/FC2/FC3/Arma videos on my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/WolfpackproductionDK

"Fortes Furtuna Juvat"

A Baltic Sea map featuring strategic islands like Gotland and Åland would also be nice.

Yes! Åland so I can coop fly my finnish mig21 with viggen! :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 10 Pro - Asus Z370 Prime A - i7-8700K @ 3.70GHz - 32 GB DDR4 - Nvidia GTX 1080 - Oculus Rift CV1 - HOTAS Warthog - CH Pro Pedals

Puukko - Kossu - HK Sininen Lenkki

Probably something around Gotland. That's my guess at least.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Probably something around Gotland. That's my guess at least.

Yep, also been my guess since it was first discussed

It is the one thing that makes sense to do.

1. It has significant strategic military value.

2. It is easy to do because the island is sparsely populated, relatively small & surrounded by sea.

3. Adding a bit of Latvia to the east would add an significant PVO air base.

54th Guards Fighter Aviation Regiment PVO (Vainode, Latvian SSR)

z8bWn5S.jpg

Operated

Su-15's from 1967 to 1987.

Su-27 from 1987 to 1991.

Pure speculation of course, but small in scope :)

There is also 4 or 5 VVS aviation regiments stationed in Latvia/Lithuania at the time plus several major SAM installations.

Edited by Skjold

Even though i agree that the Gotland area would make the most sense sizewise, its hardly beneficial in any other way.

Its basically the flattest and dullest terrain in sweden, it was mainly fighters and recon operated from the island, not attack, and i would almost not be able to tell the caucasus low land apart from Gotland.

But that is of course just my point of view, maybe you guys could convince me of the opposite!

Skickat från min SM-G900F via Tapatalk

The ideal scenario would be to have the same map as the legendary DID Super EF200. But that map is huge for DCS standards (I really hope someday we could get something like that up and running).

There are several options on a mini map: Nordkapp, Gotland or the area in between seem to be suitable and not terribly big. The plus that we have is that area of Europe is not densely populated, as well as most of the surface of the map would be water, which simplifies the modeling a lot IMHO. (Looks way easier than my dreamed scenario: Fulda Gap)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Alis Aquilae Aut Pax Aut Bellum"

Veritech's DCS YouTube Channel

Even though i agree that the Gotland area would make the most sense sizewise, its hardly beneficial in any other way.

Its basically the flattest and dullest terrain in sweden, it was mainly fighters and recon operated from the island, not attack, and i would almost not be able to tell the caucasus low land apart from Gotland.

But that is of course just my point of view, maybe you guys could convince me of the opposite!

Skickat från min SM-G900F via Tapatalk

That's right, that's why I would think they would include some part of the swedish east coast in a Gotland map :)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Could've sworn I heard somewhere that LNS was possibly working on a Finland map...

For the Viggen? :huh:

Tornado3 small.jpg