Currently Known Release Issues

RagnarDa

Hi!

Before you enter the virtual cockpit of your brand new mud-mover there are a number of things we just want to let you know we unfortunately weren't able to fix in time for the initial release.

- There is currently an issue with twist stick rudder controls. Moving the rudder-control (twisting the stick) seems to be working in a relative way instead of a absolute so when you twist it one way you have to twist it the other way to cancel out your command. This issue does not affect all twist joysticks-- and we're trying very hard to find the underlying cause. This is a priority fix for us.

As a temporary workaround if your stick is affected, you can use keyboard commands for the rudder.

- The Bk90 cluster bomb doesn't work when in multiplayer unless you are the host. It works in single player though.

We have a workaround already but it didn't make it into the release. Hopefully it won't be too long until we can implement this weapon properly.

- When placing Bx-waypoints for Rb15 (Bx6-Bx9) in the Mission Editor it will sometimes not load unless you make a fix on the Bx8 waypoint (select it then T1-TV).

The allowed turning is also a little more restricted (I think) than what it says in the manual: 45 degrees to Bx7 and a total of 55 degrees instead of 180 degrees.

- Version 1.5.6OB of DCS has a significant cockpit shadow issue, which will make the cockpit look significantly worse than in 1.5.5. This is not Viggen specific, however.

- The EP-13 Collimated sight does not collimate properly in VR.

- There are Rb04 and Rb15 versions for AI planes but they where only now discovered to not work and might crash your game. The versions for human players doesn't work properly for AI.

- Force Feedback doesn't work. The stick will not have centering force nor provide resistance to movement.

- Probably quite a few minor or major bugs…

We hope you will still enjoy our module!

It has been a long road and it is surreal to finally being able to release it to the world!

Edited by RagnarDa
Added FB-issue
  • Like 4

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the shadow issue going to affect performance, and can you still see/use everything in the cockpit?

Thanks guys, looking forward to it.

The shadow issue and performance is a concern, i'm a twisty stick user (hoping to not be affected) but i can work around that.

Can not wait to give it a fly, my first jet module so looking forward to it. Good luck with the launch.

The shadow issue and performance is a concern, i'm a twisty stick user (hoping to not be affected) but i can work around that.

Can not wait to give it a fly, my first jet module so looking forward to it. Good luck with the launch.

The shadow issue is purely visual, and simply means that shadows are not rendered properly in the cockpit. :)

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Thanks for the heads up on the issues thumbup.gif

Not having those beautiful shadows rendering correctly is a bummer, but that happens (especially in a beta version) and is not your fault :)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Thanks for the info! Bugs in this stage are normal but great that you let us know :thumbup:

I'm flying in VR mostly, so shadows are off anyway ;)

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Alright, I'm not a member of that "Waah, they will release Viggen for the Beta branch only!" crowd - I've been keeping all three versions in paralel, so it's really no matter to me (although my SSD is running out of space at alarming rate, I'd surely welcome the anticipated 2.5 merge rather sooner or later to finally do away with 2.0 for good), but still, this makes me wonder:

- Version 1.5.6OB of DCS has a significant cockpit shadow issue, which will make the cockpit look significantly worse than in 1.5.5. This is not Viggen specific, however.

While our lead platform has been 1.5.5, that version of DCS World will not be updated.

So 1.5.6 has a "significant issue" (although certainly not game-breaking, apparently very visually unpleasant judging by the wording), and yet they decide to release the Viggen on that branch? If 1.5.6 were LNS' main development platform, I would understand it - they marketed it to be released on the 27th, they charged money for it, so even if there are still some issues standing, they have to release it anyway (whis is likely the case for all the other remaining bugs). But from Cobra's post, we know that they focused their work on 1.5.5 mainly. So why not release it on that branch if we know it works okay with it?

Now, I know it's ED's decision for sure, so don't take it as a rant against LNS. Actually, dont take it as a rant agains anybody. I have no idea what's behind the development and logistics of DCS, what led ED to that decision and what all other circumstances might be. And I really don't like bitching about things I have little or no knowledge about. But as it stands, it sounds rather counterintuitive and any clarification from anyone competent would be welcome.

Also, and now I am getting far beyond the topic of this thread, but what's the deal with 2.0 lately? It's haven't been updated, like, for ages? I know that bothe the Spitfire and the Viggen (the two airplanes I want to fly the most right now) look rather out of place over the Nevada desert, but thing is, my performance is far better in 2.0 than in 1.5, so I'd rather want to fly them there than over the (slightly) more fitting Caucassus with poor FPS. Not talking about having fully updated Mi-8 in 2.0 too!

EDIT:

Its bound to get you home from work though as it is a Man Cold the chances of survival are 50/50 at best.

Man. I've been battling with this horrible illness for like three weeks now, and all it got me is that I have to work today afternoon and then immediately tomorrow morning (after a week of overtimes due to training with a new piece of equipment). So my nearest chance to enjoy the Viggen is some 24 hrs after everyone else will already have their dirty hands on it :) But I guess if i were a real combat pilot, I'd have to go through much hardship and be available at inconvenient times too, so let's pretend it's all part of the role :D

Plus, now I have two highly advanced pieces of tech to learn, and that real-life one's manual is actually much thicker than the one of DCS Viggen. It will be interesting to know which one i master earlier. Hopefully the one that provides me living :)

Edited by Rotorhead

I have a Man cold atm you want me to cough on you?

Its bound to get you home from work though as it is a Man Cold the chances of survival are 50/50 at best.

I feel for you! Women can never know how much we suffer! And they complain about something trivial like child birth!

:music_whistling: :music_whistling:

Thanks for the info!

- The EP-13 Collimated sight does not collimate properly in VR.

Does this render the sight useless in VR? Or simply harder to use?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 8700K, 32GB RAM, Gigabyte GTX1080ti, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD Pack, 2x Lilliput 8" USB Monitors, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, CV1.

But from Cobra's post, we know that they focused their work on 1.5.5 mainly. So why not release it on that branch if we know it works okay with it?

If you publicly add support for a new module to an existing version, then it's not really the same version anymore.

• ED Team
But from Cobra's post, we know that they focused their work on 1.5.5 mainly. So why not release it on that branch if we know it works okay with it?

It is not just about the viggen release, we have updates from ED going into beta.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

If you publicly add support for a new module to an existing version, then it's not really the same version anymore.

Yes, I know, but then it is probably 1.5.5.something with everything just like the previous 1.5.5 plus the new module, as opposed to 1.5.6 with the new module and a lot of new stuff including some new graphics that mess up cockpit shadowing.

It is not just about the viggen release, we have updates from ED going into beta.

Yeah, but would it not be possible to release both stable 1.5.5 with Viggen (which, by Cobra's words worked just fine) and 1.5.6 as open beta with Viggen and all the other updates? I don't know, I said I know nothing about the logistics of said things, so maybe it would just cause more headache for ED to maintain two branches both being updated at the same time (each with different content), so I will probably just shut up and leave as it is.

To end on a positive note, I just got a call that if everything goes right, maybe, just maybe, I won't have to work today (gotta love my company's project planning, the situation changes each minute there - just like a real battlefield :)), so if I am lucky, I could be flying the Viggen next morning!