1.5.6 issues

i cant even update to 1.5.6, i tryed and it failed saying it couldnt find the file, i delete the autoupdate files and try to re-update, but it has just been saying"searching for already downloaded files, any help?

it finished and said, sucsefsully updated to 1.5.5 so... i dont know what to do, and after that an error comes up.

Todays update was for DCS World OpenBeta only. Sounds like you were trying to update DCS World.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team
i cant even update to 1.5.6, i tryed and it failed saying it couldnt find the file, i delete the autoupdate files and try to re-update, but it has just been saying"searching for already downloaded files, any help?

it finished and said, sucsefsully updated to 1.5.5 so... i dont know what to do, and after that an error comes up.

you need to open the prompt window in the bin folder of your dcs install

not your desktop which it looks like in your picture

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
Done.

Still no joy.

Downloading the Viggen now by running the command "DCS_updater.exe install AJS37". Hoping that this will prompt the activation key interrogation once i load dcs.

it should prompt you, if not go to its bin folder and do it manually by clicking on the pcnsl.exe

DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\AJS37\bin

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

it should prompt you, if not go to its bin folder and do it manually by clicking on the pcnsl.exe

DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\AJS37\bin

Thank you.

It did prompt it for me and I was able to activate my key and fly the Viggen.

Still do not have a module manager in 1.5.6. , but that has stopped beeing an issue since the workaround works.

• ED Team
Thank you.

It did prompt it for me and I was able to activate my key and fly the Viggen.

Still do not have a module manager in 1.5.6. , but that has stopped beeing an issue since the workaround works.

good to hear, the module manager has me baffled at the moment

when you get some time open a support ticket and we will assist your further

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/?add=Y

I too have had serious issues with screen freezing. It happens upon loading a new terrain block. It is most noticeable when viewing a distant object for the first time and panning around it, but also occurs after flying out of the initial spawn area. What appears to be going on is the low resolution terrain textures aren't loading as they should. Instead the game freezes completely until the high resolution ones are fully loaded. This can take several seconds even for an SSD. Additionally, it only loads the blocks in view at that moment, thus every few degrees of panning results in another freeze while the disk/SSD is accessed again.

The terrain around the player unit is fully loaded prior to spawn, so it isn't obvious from your own cockpit until you fly off 50km+. The problem also appears to ignore graphics settings.

I'm running a clean copy of beta and do not have the Viggen. This issue has nothing to do with the new plane as far as I can tell. System specs are as follows: I5-4690, RX480 8GB, 16GB DDR3, Win10. Latest drivers for all of course.

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.

same issues with screen freezes here. As mentioned earlier seems to have to do with loading of new terrain data. I have SSD and CV1. Using the zoom feature for CV1 is particularly choppy.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

same issues with screen freezes here. As mentioned earlier seems to have to do with loading of new terrain data. I have SSD and CV1. Using the zoom feature for CV1 is particularly choppy.

I'm also noticing some micro stutters in flight that aren't present in 1.5.5. Also using an SSD. I verified the problem persists in more than one mission, and I verified that all of my graphics settings are the same for DCS in both the in-game and NVIDIA control panel. (It appears that NVIDIA Control Panel recognizes the open beta and the release version as the same one.) Problem persists without mods installed. The stutter occurs consistently when zooming in or panning left/right in both internal and external views.

DxDiag.txt

Edited by SignorMagnifico
Uploaded DxDiag

i7-8700k OC to 5.1GHz, Sound BlasterX AE-5, Creative Sound BlasterX H7 Tournament Edition, Asus ROG Maximus X Code

Corsair Dominator DDR4 32GB 3200MHz, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid, Acer Predator XB271HU WQHD IPS Monitor, Logitech G510S, Anker 8000DPI Gaming Mouse, HOTAS Warthog, Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals, Track IR 5, Windows 10 Professional, https://www.youtube.com/c/iflyflightsims

It's really bad this time. Reinstall everything is the only thing that helps this time????

Extreme loading time mission and worst fps in cv1. looking fast right or left, see black then computer loads the image of plane and map. Feel back in time commodore 64, "loading error" from tape. :D

What have i done:

uninstall all mods, install update 1.5.6, activate AJS37, run repair, rename .../saved games/dcs world open beta, delete mission editor, run repair again.

Still no joy.

Any progress??

Logs attached

[ATTACH]155910[/ATTACH]

Edited by boedha68

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Morning to ya ladies and gents!

I've now flown a couple missions in v1.5.6 and seem to suffer from this as well, i.e. missions take a long time to start plus there's a shortish freeze every time the sim loads fresh graphics objects. It's not unplayable by any means, but the intermittent freezes are an inconvenience regardless and the mission loading times really are long. Well just my £0.00002 ;)

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

I am done with it. I go now uninstall the whole Open Beta bunch and reinstall it brand new. I report back if the issues still exists. It don't take long. 500 mb internet!:D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

OK, this is getting just weird. Just flew another mission and no freezes whatsoever, ran smooth as silk. So it's either the mission itself, or - and this is interesting - the NVidia Inspector shader cache setting, which I've fooled around with lately. It was now off and just for the hell of it, I decided to put it on before entering the mission and BAM! No more stutters and / or freezes anymore.

Now I'm not sure if this particular NVI setting even _does_ anything. But if it doesn't, then it has to be the mission itself. And that's a lively one as well, with some 200+ ground units crawling around and a couple of choppers too. So I don't know what it is, but SOMETHING sure as hell changed for the better!

PS / EDIT: I also have a recollection of this, or something very similar, having happened before, but the details escape me just now. But this is _not_ the first time I'm seeing this happening.

Edited by msalama

Problems and opinion:

Complete brand new install. Problems are still there.

Loading times and the fps problems.

In my opinion the bottleneck is in the update.

When i switch the plane AJS37 to f-15c loading times are still triple from normal times.

Flying is no fun.

shader cache helped a little, but the performance is much worse then 1.5.5.

logs attached

[ATTACH]155918[/ATTACH]

• ED Team

Morning,

I have just sat down to my first coffee, ED are aware and are looking into the performance issues, if I get more info and I am allowed I will pass some info to you all

Morning,

I have just sat down to my first coffee, ED are aware and are looking into the performance issues, if I get more info and I am allowed I will pass some info to you all

+1 Morning BigNewy, enjoy your coffee and thanks for communication to us. :thumbup:

Morning to ya ladies and gents!

I've now flown a couple missions in v1.5.6 and seem to suffer from this as well, i.e. missions take a long time to start plus there's a shortish freeze every time the sim loads fresh graphics objects. It's not unplayable by any means, but the intermittent freezes are an inconvenience regardless and the mission loading times really are long. Well just my £0.00002 ;)

Same here.

No mods installed.

The same happens with missions imported from @release version which are working flawlessly in the release version.

Good morning BIGNEWY

dcs_log.rar

Edited by Simon1279
log attachment

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 8700K @ 4.9 ghz, SSD 850 evo, MSI Z370 Gaming Pro, GTX 1080Ti, F/A-18C in the garage, F-16C in the backyard, F-14B in the garden

Update was fast on my i5 2500 gtx 960 rig.

I am on the beta branch only, and have nothing more than the ww2 fighters and the Gazelle.

Update didn't take that long, at 3,4 MBps.

Starting Missions appears to take a little longer, but I couldn't tell for sure.

On SP missions I experienced 2 CTDs and a deep stutter situation, one of those that reminds me of when some explosions caused stutters, but then I was unable to reproduce it.

I didn't use any MP missions because all slots appeared to be dedicated to the new kid in town - the Viggen :-)

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

Mission editor freezing on start up (Loading...)

Guys,

I've found that my offending add on was DAWS weather :(

I deleted my Saved Games\ DCS.openbeta folder and ran repair after using JSGME to remove my 3 Mods (A10 Windshields V2, DAWS, Mustangs textures 1.6 v1.20).

Started DCS OB and launched mission editor fine :-)

Closed and added back my mods and it hung again so I had to end task.

Using JSGME removed DAWS and retried and it launched fine

Not sure if this helps anyone else, but thought it might narrow down issues with Mods?

Cheers

James

shader cache helped a little, but the performance is much worse then 1.5.5.

How about turning it off, running the sim once, turning it on & running the sim again? Any difference?

And oh yeah, ran another mission just now & the stutters / freezes are still gone (the 1st was flown with an Mi-8 and the 2nd with an L-39ZA). So something _must've_ happened for sure and I think it's the shader cache, regardless of how weird that may sound. Hmmm...

It's only me that have the problem with windows power saving turning off the monitor? Mine is set at 5 minutes.. no other sims where I use only my hotas do this, and yes, tried switching full screen with ALT+ENTER and the issue is there both the times

How about turning it off, running the sim once, turning it on & running the sim again? Any difference?

Tried this did not make any difference for me. Still long load time. Free flight with spitty using Rift VR. stutter when using zoom. It seemed to be when zooming on areas for the first time. After a couple of zooms it got better until another new area. Seems as if slow loading more detail

log from last flight if it helps. There are errors loading textures does that mean anything

log.txt

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

Tried this did not make any difference for me. Still long load time. Free flight with spitty using Rift VR. stutter when using zoom. It seemed to be when zooming on areas for the first time. After a couple of zooms it got better until another new area. Seems as if slow loading more detail

log from last flight if it helps. There are errors loading textures does that mean anything

I have the same thing. logs where already earlier attached.