What aircraft are you going to be flying in normandy and why ?

silenteye

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

P47 - vs ground and period appropriate axis AI flying adversaries...

Best pick another plane or you will be sitting at the Bar in the O-Club watching the rest of us flying planes that have been released.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

It would be nice if Normandy and the P-47 showed up together.

I know it won't happen, but I can dream. The P-51 and P-47 and i'm as happy as a pig in slop.

Guess it could happen...wouldn't that be a great surprise...

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Although I would love to see the 'Bolt in the game ASAP, it's not going to happen guys. Not like that. ED has already announced that they are focusing on the F18 after Normandy ships, and from their history they are not in the habbit of releasing two modules at the same time.

My best guess for release progression is: Normandy -> F18 -> P47: Thunderbolt (Not counting third party releases here, only Eagle Dynamics).

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I'll be flying the P-51D because I can't yet take off in the Fw190D-9 with any consistency, and I don't own the Spitfire Mk IX or the Bf109k-4. Also, a friend sent me some screen shots of ha tussle he had in his Dora with a Spit. Lots of little holes in his wings from the .303s, but far fewer big 20mm holes. I'm not sure the .303 rifle rounds would reliably penetrate the armored cockpit of the Dora. I'm pretty sure the .50s from the Ma Duces in the Mustang would.

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

I have the FW-190, the Me-109, the P-51, and since I pre-ordered the Normandy map and asset pack, it only seemed right I acquire the Spitfire. Now I have all the aircraft modules that I deem appropriate to the theater and I will probably be pushing up daisies before I get proficient at all of those planes, if ever. So, bring on Normandy and let the skies rock and roll.

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

I have the FW-190, the Me-109, the P-51, and since I pre-ordered the Normandy map and asset pack, it only seemed right I acquire the Spitfire. Now I have all the aircraft modules that I deem appropriate to the theater and I will probably be pushing up daisies before I get proficient at all of those planes, if ever. So, bring on Normandy and let the skies rock and roll.

I'm curious what plane turns out to be your favorite.

Buzz

I will be flying the FW-190, P51D and the Mig-21. The latter because I just love it!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-- i7 4790K

-- Club 3D R9 290X Royal Ace SOC

-- Asus Maximus VII Ranger

-- G.Skill Trident X 16GB DDR3-2400 CL10

-- Gelid Tranquillo rev.2

-- Corsair RM850

-- Corsair 760T White

-- Windows 10

I'll be flying the P-51D because I can't yet take off in the Fw190D-9 with any consistency, and I don't own the Spitfire Mk IX or the Bf109k-4. Also, a friend sent me some screen shots of ha tussle he had in his Dora with a Spit. Lots of little holes in his wings from the .303s, but far fewer big 20mm holes. I'm not sure the .303 rifle rounds would reliably penetrate the armored cockpit of the Dora. I'm pretty sure the .50s from the Ma Duces in the Mustang would.

You don't have to kill the pilot to kill the Dora.

Buzz

Although I would love to see the 'Bolt in the game ASAP, it's not going to happen guys. Not like that. ED has already announced that they are focusing on the F18 after Normandy ships, and from their history they are not in the habbit of releasing two modules at the same time.

My best guess for release progression is: Normandy -> F18 -> P47: Thunderbolt (Not counting third party releases here, only Eagle Dynamics).

From my understanding they have a WW2 team working on the Jug already, so it could be out this year.

The F-18 and Jug are being developed by different teams I think. At least thats my impression from a recent q&a vid I saw.

From my understanding they have a WW2 team working on the Jug already, so it could be out this year.

The F-18 and Jug are being developed by different teams I think. At least thats my impression from a recent q&a vid I saw.

I think we'd have it by now if they didn't stop to get more info on it. That's what I heard.

Buzz

Im not talking about different teams. Im talking about the release schedule. The Jug was put on hold, and was only recently restarted. Even if it is somehow completed ahead of schedule, it will still need to wait for Hornet's release. Thats just the way ED does things.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

as much as i want the jug to be released, i do think they should release the hornet first as it would only be fair.

That's fine. How about 1 day apart for the releases? ;)

I promise to buy them both.

Buzz

I think the P40 is the only other WWII plane we might see this year and that's waiting on new damage model last I heard.

Does anybody really want to buy it and use it online? It will be suicide.

Good for missions in SP and maybe online if they're made right.

Buzz

• 3 weeks later...

It has to be the Spitfire first for me, then the Huey, or even the Bell 47, so I can float around and enjoy the view. I'll fly along the coastline first I think, then follow the road south from Cherbourg down the peninsula, looking for cool stuff.

Bank holiday weekend, good weather forecast, garden needs work+Normandy release = big fight with wife coming, wish me luck.

i7-7700K/Gigabyte RTX2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Sennheiser HD380pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals/Rift CV1