Normandy Early Access Discussion

SkateZilla

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do some of the graphics settings not work yet? I tried to lower the visibility distance for the trees (as I have rather low FPS in VR) and also with the lowest setting I can see trees in the far distance.

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

While I love these night shots, I have an objection:

There should be no lights in the windows on a WW II map.

During WW II there was heavy curfew and having the tiniest light escape from the windows was a punishable offence.

All should be totally dark.

I hope it is a switchable option in the Mission Editor, or is planned to be?

Agreed!

Would love to hear what ED's thoughts on this is. While lighting is nice for 'other flying' they specifically stated that this is Normandy "in the summer of 44". and realistic use of lights should be represented:)

While I love these night shots, I have an objection:

There should be no lights in the windows on a WW II map.

During WW II there was heavy curfew and having the tiniest light escape from the windows was a punishable offence.

All should be totally dark.

I hope it is a switchable option in the Mission Editor, or is planned to be?

In England yes, blacking out lights was a thing, but not all way through the war. 1944 onwards there wasn't a full blackout unless an alert was issued.

I don't know if that applied to France as well though, considering majority of the map is Normandy and it wasn't the subject of late night bombing raids like England was.

Edited by Buzzles

In England yes, blacking out lights was a thing, but not all way through the war. 1944 onwards there wasn't a full blackout unless an alert was issued.

I don't know if that applied to France as well though, considering majority of the map is Normandy and it wasn't the subject of late night bombing raids like England was.

Yes there was a blackout in Europe during the war, certainly there was in Belgium, my father in law who was a teenager during the war confirmed it.

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

Strictness of the blackout might vary indeed- but I would be very surprised indeed if the Germans allow the french fully litt windows at night- and specifically not after Allied forces had landed.

Here is some documentation from the book: The Crash of Ruin. American combat soldiers in Europe during WW2:

oMRefm6.png

Awesome. Has someone tried to setup a multiplayer server with a simple mission? Would love to see some dogfighting action over the channel :)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Is it possible to set a limit on skins in the mission editor, or are all skins are available inGame?

Say, i want only skin A for all player in the mission, but they can change the number?

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

Having the ability to change your skin and bort number in game is pretty neat. The only issue I see is some servers restrict views outside of the cockpit so you won't always get a nice preview like that. I'm not one to complain, especially when a new features are added, but I would think a little preview window with the options would work better on the client list dialog. Much like they have in the mission editor. Still I'm really excited about this New feature. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the street and then getting hit by an airplane."

Dogs of War Dedicated WWII Server Thread

Had to do it... for scientific purposes of course

Nice one Merlin...ha ha ha

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

I'll do a short and uncommented livestream:

Great stuff. Can I ask you what kind of graphical settings you used (you have a somewhat similar system to mine).

Thanks for posting some dogfighting action. Is it just me or is the visibility significantly better in the merge? What was your experience compared to 1.5.X?

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Great stuff. Can I ask you what kind of graphical settings you used (you have a somewhat similar system to mine).

Thanks for posting some dogfighting action. Is it just me or is the visibility significantly better in the merge? What was your experience compared to 1.5.X?

4U86PYf.jpg

Yes visibility is much better. In 1.5 i constantly have to zoom in to follow a bandit, on the Normandy map I never touched the zoom.