M-2000C Update Discussion

Zeus67

You only need to look at the main Razbam page to see there are plenty of people who will throw $60 for modules that are never completed and like many people here just give up and move on.

I was going to buy the Harrier but I won't now, I feel bad for the players who paid full price for the M2000c and never saw what was sold to them from early release.

Like fjacobsen said a few pages back ... "So shortly after early access the "economic" motivation declines and it becomes more important to get the next money cow ready for early access"

That's your answer right there... Shame on Raz IMO

I was a Long Time thinking that the M2000c get some day finished and razbam needs only time, but than came the harrier. And now the Mig-19 and some People scream for the next module.

This modules will never be Finished. As you Said, they will relase one alpha After Alpha. Im now realy disapointed.

So guys, stop buying unfinished modules from Razbam! Or You will Never get a finished product!

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was a Long Time thinking that the M2000c get some day finished and razbam needs only time, but than came the harrier. And now the Mig-19 and some People scream for the next module.

This modules will never be Finished. As you Said, they will relase one alpha After Alpha. Im now realy disapointed.

So guys, stop buying unfinished modules from Razbam! Or You will Never get a finished product!

While it's true that Harrier is occupying Zeus who is missed on the M-2000C, the MiG-19 is in 3D building phase, with some other guys. So it has nothing to do with the M-2000C delay.

Once 3D is done, the 3D modeler move on to the next project (yet we did have some updates on the 3D/ textures).

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

While it's true that Harrier is occupying Zeus who is missed on the M-2000C, the MiG-19 is in 3D building phase, with some other guys. So it has nothing to do with the M-2000C delay.

Once 3D is done, the 3D modeler move on to the next project (yet we did have some updates on the 3D/ textures).

Ok, i didnt know that the Team is splited. Thx for Telling me.

But its time to put the Focus of work on the Mirage till its done. And than on the harrier and Not at next to the 19.

Ok, i didnt know that the Team is splited. Thx for Telling me.

But its time to put the Focus of work on the Mirage till its done. And than on the harrier and Not at next to the 19.

No, the Team has not spited, the team has your responsibility areas.

RAZBAM has some 3D modeller working on some projects, and have some teams working on different projects as ED, BSK and others 3rd parties working on parallel projects.

A 3D modeller and texturice dont need make bug-fixing, or system modelling or a flight model working. Has different work to different areas and responsibilities. Has the same situation with the radar coder, the texturizer or the weapons coder.

Mig-19P team (OberStratos and other members) has not the same as the Mirage2000C and or AV-8B team or Tucano. The same situation has been with Bruce and your "ship pack", or the other personal with others projects.

All working in parallel, but If you only centred on a "only" project at time, you are "out of business"

Well, I don`t know about splitting the developer team or not, but it took almost two years to get some simple 3d-model fixes. So maybe while they are not split, it sure take an insane amount of time to push some simple fixes for this module. And while I understand the theory with alpha launches and all, this module has been moved out of early access for some time now.

The terms alpha, beta and release are very fluid for ED and their associated 3rd party developers, and are more used as excuses for certain modules state, rather than the modules actual state.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually yesterday's changelog is exactly the same as four weeks ago. Either it is a typo or there are no significant chages for the Mirage in this patch (*).

* BD has reported that some missions got incorrectly updated, but he keeps them in the cloud so they can be manually updated, no big deal here.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Actually yesterday's changelog is exactly the same as four weeks ago. Either it is a typo or there are no significant chages for the Mirage in this patch (*).

Could be an error. Have just checked the read only update thread and the update was:

ZULU Time calculation bug fix

Cockpit clock update

Compass model rework

Further hydraulics modeling work

Hi all, is the inability to enter way-points into the INS a known bug?

It works in the training session but outside that, PREP does not allow you to enter any new points.

I am new to DCS and am focusing all my efforts on the INS training in the Mirage but cannot enter in new way-points due to the Prep mode not working.

Very frustrating.

It works in the training session but outside that, PREP does not allow you to enter any new points.

I am new to DCS and am focusing all my efforts on the INS training in the Mirage but cannot enter in new way-points due to the Prep mode not working.

Very frustrating.

for me it works well.

Here is a video I found :

Very frustrating.

It works for me, make sure to add only last waypoint + 1 -> if you have 3 waypoint you can add the waypoint 4 but you can't add the 5.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Thanks for the reply, so if I start a Fast Mission should I assume there may be preset waypoints already set up so if I try to add say 02, and it’s already auto generated in the mission, then that would prevent me from entering a new 02?

I find that when I try to enter a new 02 or 03 or even 04, that when Prep is pressed, I don’t get all the zeros like I’m supposed to but rather the same coordinates as the current waypoint.

That being said, this happens even if I finish a training mission and do a bit of free flight before landing, I try and enter some new waypoints just for practice and still can’t enter them.

I get no straight zeros in the Lat or Long windows in preparation for me to enter new coordinates, just the current waypoint lat and long.

Thanks for the reply, so if I start a Fast Mission should I assume there may be preset waypoints already set up so if I try to add say 02, and it’s already auto generated in the mission, then that would prevent me from entering a new 02?

I find that when I try to enter a new 02 or 03 or even 04, that when Prep is pressed, I don’t get all the zeros like I’m supposed to but rather the same coordinates as the current waypoint.

That being said, this happens even if I finish a training mission and do a bit of free flight before landing, I try and enter some new waypoints just for practice and still can’t enter them.

I get no straight zeros in the Lat or Long windows in preparation for me to enter new coordinates, just the current waypoint lat and long.

I will tell you how I do it because I don't understand your problem :

I have 5 waypoints (01, 02, 03, 04, 05).

I want to edit the second one so I do PREP (NOT DEST) 02.

I set the parameter selector on L/G and I see the current waypoint (02) coordinates.

I press 1 or 7 to edit the left part then INS and 3 or 9 to edit the right part.

Done.

Have you tried to read the INS part of the manual ? It might be easier to find the answer to your problem here.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

You can edit an existing waypoint.

Silly question: after selecting the PREP waypoint, do you select the window you want to edit ?

If you want to edit LAT coordinates (left window) of waypoint 02:

- hit PREP + 0 + 2

- hit numpad key (on the PCN) 1 or 7 (left side of the numpad.

- enter North (N = numkey 2) or south (S = numkey 8 )

- enter coordinates

- hit "INS"

Repeat the same for LONG coordinates, but select the right window with numpad key 3 or 9.

Same process to create a new waypoint, provided the waypoints follow in sequence.

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Tested in 2.5.1.

Everything working Ok. Both creating new WP and editing existing ones.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Morning all and thank you for your feedback it’s great.

This was a flight last night after this last reply and may explain better, my challenges.

Fast Mission Causcus Start up

Start up Jet

Align INS to static coordinates while going through checklist and using Prep 00 and dials on N, Vei, L/G

Start Alignment - Prep shows 00, Dest shows 01, Dials set to N, Aln, L/G, then click Val

Alignment complete and Prep showing 00 and Dest showing 01 with current coords displayed.

Get airborne with dials on N, Nav, L/G

Once in Autopilot, click Prep, 02 to enter a new waypoint and it will not let me enter 02

I again try pressing Prep then 02 to enter a new way-point and 01 comes up with the same coordinates as the startup initialization coords.

I then press Prep again and try to re-enter 02 and it goes to 01

In Prep 01 I can enter new coordinates as you both suggested above, and following the required proceedures such as press 1 for left window then 2 for north then INS to enter in new coordinates and repeat for the right window pressing 3 first then 6 for east, enter in those coords and press INS.

If i then press Dest 01 to see if the changes held, it displays the initialistion coordinates again.

I then try this one more time and Prep actually allows me to enter 02 finally, then I enter a new waypoint L/G's following the correct entry key strokes as per above to then click on Dest to begin navigation to the new location.

After I press Dest waypoint 01 comes up with the initialisation coordinates again.

It is as if there is a bug that will not let me put in anything greater than 01 in the Prep step.

I have uninstalled DCS 2.5 Stable and re-installed it as well as removed the Mirage and reinstalled it but with not changes to this.

Do you guys think I am acutally not doing something correctly because I have watched the videos on the Mirages INS setup and waypoint set ups and tried to follow those to the letter with no luck.

Ok, I want to thank everyone who has helped here.

I love this game and spent a fortune getting a PC set up so I can enjoy the best immersion possible in full VR with the best of everything.

The Mirage is incredible and the Pilot inputs make it very special in my books so thank you RAZBAM for this jet.

I have solved my problem, all my issues were due to not having the Lats and Longs set up in Decimal format.

The Mirage INS will not let you input anything that is not in Decimal, it simply refuses to accept any inputs that are not in the 00:00.000 format.

This is how the Mirage INS is designed to work.

For anyone experiencing this very same problem, make sure that you set the map coordinates style to Lat Long Decimal and you will be fine.

I just flew 2 sorties, 1 in Causcus and 1 in NTTR and was able to both enter and change all waypoints with no problem.

Thanks everyone.

Glad to see you solved your issue.

Reading this:

If i then press Dest 01 to see if the changes held, it displays the initialistion coordinates again.

I just would like to remind you that the PCN only displays PREP data.

It's something that may not be natural when you start with the Mirage.

PREP 00 being your own coordinates, you can only edit it on the ground for alignment.

Mirage fanatic !