VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Vaicom Pro AIRIO - Configuration Window Blank

Hi,

I have Vaicom Pro with AIRIO and it has worked fine. But now, when I open the configuration window, I just get a blank white box opening instead of the configuration panel.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Renzo

Not necessarily VAICOM, but clearly VoiceAttack related.

Anyone else having VA just end itself without warning inflight? The program just kills itself, there's not even a notification. You only realize it when you're about to give an command using your voice and you don't hear the radio transmission or "command accepted" sound. Very immersion breaking.

Anyone else having VA just end itself without warning inflight? The program just kills itself, there's not even a notification. You only realize it when you're about to give an command using your voice and you don't hear the radio transmission or "command accepted" sound. Very immersion breaking.

Had this the other day, but it was because I have Steam VA version, and the Steam Client updated itself. It is not supposed to close down any Steam Apps. But it did.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Hi there guys,

- I'm getting the hang of using VAICOM and its a really great tool.

Now do I have a little problem using it together with SRS. I setup SRS and VAICOM following the user manual of VAICOM. But when I turn on "Allow VAICOM TX Inhibit" I can't seem to get a constant push to talk in SRS using the same PTT as I use in VAICOM. Am I missing something?

- And another small question.

When I turn on ICS Hot Mic for AIRIO it turns on all the radio's to hot. Even for AI ATC etc. How can I fix this?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Yes, the new update seems to change the SRS/VIACOM integration. Now, if you have "Dynamic switching" set on in your VIACOM configuration, when you want to send voice via SRS, to have VIACOM pass your audio through to SRS you must either say "switch" or send an AI VAICOM command and keep the PTT held down after. It's in the new manual.

You can turn off this function by selecting "Broadcast parallel" in the VAICOM configuration, then it will work like before.

Personally, I hate it. I would prefer when pressing PTT that SRS be the default, and then doing something different to use a VAICOM command (like double-clicking the PTT?), but this way is super clunky for SRS comms. I'm much more likely to have frantic SRS comms than frantic VAICOM commands.

I'm having a lot of issues with the new update. don't get me wrong this is an incredible tool and I love it but I found a lot of my requests are not being activated even when its recognized.

Hollywood. I ran a debug and got this in voice attack fault.

2020-03-13 11:47:49 AM - Plugin exit exception (VAICOM PRO 2.5): Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Any idea

Thanks

Wood

VAICOMPRO.rar

Edited by Wood

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On another note. I was wondering how you guys handle imported F10 menu items in VAICOM? I mean, how do you know what the exact command is, other than opening the mission without VAICOM active and checking the F10 menu, and/or checking the keywords list after import?

Thanks.

I think it's intended for use in MP servers that script F10 menu items that stay the same, as opposed to single-player campaigns that have different F10 items every mission.

FYI, you can still check the F10 menu in DCS with VAICOM active by saying "Mission, options"

Happens all the time to me.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

Voice Commands for F/A-18C

Forgive my ignorant question. I am new and thinking DCS would be great as my first venture into VR. What would be ideal is to use voice for all commands other than Throttle and Yoke (the obvious I know), but I have no clue or desire to get into scripting VA to make all the commands required. Assuming VA and VIACOM Pro could accomplish this wish, I would envision simply calling out a command like "Air to Ground Stores" and my stores page would display, then call out "Arm AMRAM120". You get the idea, all commands required to start the plan complete a mission and return to base. I would be more than happy to pay for an aircraft specific plug-in if it could accomplish this task.

Thanks,

MrScott on Discord (aka eFlight and Smokin1)

PC SPECS: Aorus Master Z390, I9-9900K@5.2Ghz, HC150Pro Cooler, 32GB T-Force 4133 Ram, 1.TB Samsunge 960Pro M.2, (20TB of other data storage in SSD and SATA6 too), EVGA RTX2080Ti KingPin Hybrid 11GB with LN2 BIOS. X-52Pro, Brunner MKII and Rudder Peddles. VR and or 3 55" 4K Displays.

No apology needed. This shit is very overwhelming, especially if your new. Now saying that. This is the program for that. The profile it comes with for DCS gets very close to what you looking for. Have a great day.

Cheers Wood

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi,

I've recently installed VA and Viacom Pro. I thought i had things set up correctly, but when i try to VA radio commands, VA is telling that the commands aren't recognised??

Is there a specific file i need to add? I have added Bailey's excellent F-16 and F-14,, along with the standard for DCS.vap.

Here a lot about the added immersion with these apps and it's frustrating me that they won't work...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi,

I've recently installed VA and Viacom Pro. I thought i had things set up correctly, but when i try to VA radio commands, VA is telling that the commands aren't recognised??

Is there a specific file i need to add? I have added Bailey's excellent F-16 and F-14,, along with the standard for DCS.vap.

Here a lot about the added immersion with these apps and it's frustrating me that they won't work...

Have you gone through voice training? The Vaicom manual gives you a guide on how to do this - it can be a reasonably lengthy process but it is well worth doing. You may also find you need to add a few problem words to the Windows speech dictionary.

Another issue might be that you are not leaving a little gap between the words of the command - slowing down as you issue the commands takes a little practice but soon becomes second nature

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Hi,

Here's the details of my Voice Attack setup first:

- install path E:\Steam Sim & VR Library\steamapps\common\VoiceAttack

- I purchased Voice Attack through Steam, and I use it for both Steam and standalone DCS

- I placed the Vaicom Pro folder into the Voice Attack Apps folder as instructed

- opened up Voice Attack (as admin), it's successfully seeing it, and I added the Vaicom profile

The issue is,while Voice Attack can see Vaicom Pro,. LCtrl - LAlt - C isn't opening the Config Window.. it's not having any effect.

Is this due to my Voice Attack install being on an external SSD?

Thanks for your help!

Nick

Hi,

Here's the details of my Voice Attack setup first:

- install path E:\Steam Sim & VR Library\steamapps\common\VoiceAttack

- I purchased Voice Attack through Steam, and I use it for both Steam and standalone DCS

- I placed the Vaicom Pro folder into the Voice Attack Apps folder as instructed

- opened up Voice Attack (as admin), it's successfully seeing it, and I added the Vaicom profile

The issue is,while Voice Attack can see Vaicom Pro,. LCtrl - LAlt - C isn't opening the Config Window.. it's not having any effect.

Is this due to my Voice Attack install being on an external SSD?

Thanks for your help!

Nick

Click on the keyboard icon in VoiceAttack (right side). I had similar issues and I believe that fixed it for me.

I'm still getting the flashing menu error after I ran a clean/repair of my install.

Tried resetting the install path in VAICOM's options: nothing

Tried deleting export.lua: nothing.

It just does not work. I'll put vaicom aside for a while I guess... although this seems an ongoing, unsolvable issue from what I see in the forums.

And it turned out to be the issues with the Garmin 430 module. I've disabled it and it seems to work as it should now.

I know the thing is listed in the "known issues" but I had the feeling that it wasn't really "in my face" enough...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

So, after reading everything and anything on creating voice commands and profiles, I haven't been successful making a voice command so VAICOM opens the kneeboard. Please, someone help me find out how to do so. Every time I find something it's totally different to what I see in my computer. YES, I have RTFM, I have watched the videos, but as I said, not been successful.

Thanks

So, after reading everything and anything on creating voice commands and profiles, I haven't been successful making a voice command so VAICOM opens the kneeboard. Please, someone help me find out how to do so. Every time I find something it's totally different to what I see in my computer. YES, I have RTFM, I have watched the videos, but as I said, not been successful.

Thanks

In your commands list in voice attack create a new command “kneeboard “. Set the key combo to cntrl-k. Set the voice activation to a button on your joystick. Done

Ok,I had tried that already, but that didn't work.

Well, this is what I do.

I either use an existing VoiceAttack profile that I've made OR download an existing from the user files. I recommend one of Bailey's excellent profiles, if there is one for your particular module.

Then I piggyback it into the Vaicom profile and use the TX1 button on my HOTAS to say the command.

Select the Vaicom profile in VoiceAttack,

click the edit button,

click options

and the click the button next to "Include commands from other profiles"

Click the + icon, and select the whatever VoiceAttack profile you want to add "into" the Vaicom profile.

This way your Vaicom profile will always be clean.

To test this, I select the module's profile in VoiceAttack, and test it in DCS.

If it works now, it WILL work when you switch back to the Vaicom profile. Just remember that this profile doesn't have a TX button, so just click the headphones icon In VoiceAttack first.

Hope this helps.

Ok,I had tried that already, but that didn't work.

For which aircraft? As I remember not all shortcuts are consistent in all modules. I've created and use a kneeboard command in e.g. F/A-18C and other without a problem. Also RCTRL and LCRTL are different!

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

Been using Viacom Pro for a while. Generally has been quite reliable with only a very occasional dropout during use.

Now dropout (VA closes) seems to happen at least once during play.

Also I also get a dropout of voice from ATC after a while eg calling 'Inbound' or when overflying carrier.

Any thoughts on possible causes?

This is in MP and using the Hornet.

Intel i7-7700@3.6GHz 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6GB

Been using Viacom Pro for a while. Generally has been quite reliable with only a very occasional dropout during use.

Now dropout (VA closes) seems to happen at least once during play.

Also I also get a dropout of voice from ATC after a while eg calling 'Inbound' or when overflying carrier.

Any thoughts on possible causes?

This is in MP and using the Hornet.

Knew I wasn't the only one, it's a VA issue and not me.