DCS: F-16C Block 50 by EDSA

Drapion

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, block 50, maybe USAF, what are the possibilities?

- So engine will be F110-GE-129. There are several sub-versions but no mayor difference AFAIK.

- Radar is APG-68, over 5 different version (including different software)

- Two different TGP, Sniper XR (three version that I know of) and Listening and their sub-versions.

- Advance IFF (like the APX-113)

- Digital terrain and CARA

- HTS and its sub-versions

- Two different RWR (ALR-56 or 69) with ALE-50 and ALE-40 or 47

- JHMCS or HMCS

- Monochrome MFD or CMFD

- Different HSI (mechanical and digital)

- Several INS (including EGI or RLG)

- Over 6 different software adding multitude of weapons and different man-machine interaction.

- OBOGS or old liquid oxigen

- May have satellite communication.

We got all kinds of possibilities.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I'm already planning vacation time for when it's released...

Let's see, two weeks....

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

So, block 50, maybe USAF, what are the possibilities?

- So engine will be F110-GE-129. There are several sub-versions but no mayor difference AFAIK.

- Radar is APG-68, over 5 different version (including different software)

- Two different TGP, Sniper XR (three version that I know of) and Listening and their sub-versions.

- Advance IFF (like the APX-113)

- Digital terrain and CARA

- HTS and its sub-versions

- Tow different RWR (ALR-56 or 69) with ALE-50 and ALE-40 or 47

- JHMCS or HMCS

- Monochrome MFD or CMFD

- Different HSI (mechanical and digital)

- Several INS (including EGI or RLG)

- Over 6 different software adding multitude of weapons and different man-machine interaction.

- OBOGS or old liquid oxigen

- May have satellite communication.

We got all kinds of possibilities.

I'm one of those guys that enjoy the digital and modern stuff. I understand those people wanting an Alpha model, but I'm hoping for the most advanced one!

At least we are getting the Viper with GE engine. That's great news to me.

End of the day, I dont care which version we are getting. Im just super glad its confirmed, fully, and that Belsimtek are the masters behind it.

And the Hornet will keep me well entertained until then, and by then, when ever the F-16 is released, we probably have some much improved VR tech, hardware to run it, and well tuned Vulkan API, for looking around in that awesome cockpit :thumbup:.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

for looking around in that awesome cockpit :thumbup:.

And OUT of that awesome cockpit... No frames man... No Frames!!:thumbup:

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

The Faceboook post by BST described an F-16C Block 50. Makes perfect sense to me. It'll be a great DCS place and makes perfect commercial sense for ED.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

Was confirmed a while ago ...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205813

Yes...but no specific Block Series was mentioned causing much hand wringing and gnashing of teeth. The 50s will be a nice fit if the Persian Gulf map ever expands Northward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Yes...but no specific Block Series was mentioned causing much hand wringing and gnashing of teeth. The 50s will be a nice fit if the Persian Gulf map ever expands Northward.

It's confirmed today that it's block 50. Newsletter of 01.06 scroll down to BST and ED merging announcement..

I'm one of those guys that enjoy the digital and modern stuff. I understand those people wanting an Alpha model, but I'm hoping for the most advanced one!

At least we are getting the Viper with GE engine. That's great news to me.

Alpha model? I meant that all those things could be just on the USAF Block 50. All depends on the year they chose to modeled.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

The differences between the 50/52 is I think just the engine. The 50s use GE engines while the 52s use PW engines. However, if you mean the 52+ that's a whole different discussion..new electronics, upgraded radar, MMC etc

ΑΙΕΝ ΥΨΙΚΡΑΤΕΙΝ

What are the differences between the block 50 and the well known block 52?

Each F-16 is very unique. Each country buys the things they want for their aircraft. Over the years with updated this also changes some aircraft, because some countries update them and other don't.

The most common difference, as stated previously is the engine and the intake size. Additionally (as an example), some but not all Korean AF (ROK) F-16 block 52 have the Wide Angle Raster (WAR) HUD from block 40/42. They also have different antenna for the RWR.

Another example is USAF block 52 never carried the AAQ-13 LANTRIN, while HAF block 52 can be regularly seen with them.

In all, it depends on many things but all F-16 vary from aircraft to aircraft, depending on the country, the year, etc.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

And OUT of that awesome cockpit... No frames man... No Frames!!:thumbup:

I HATE the inside design of the cockpit, and having sat in one numerous times I think they are super awkward and uncomfortable to sit in but...

Man, sitting inside of that bubble canopy in VR is going to be insane. Especially considering by the time it's out we will be to Gen 2 or 3 of VR. Can't wait.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Regarding bubbe (no frames) in the cockpit of F-16 - does anybody know why it is not so popular solution? Russian planes have enormous frames, F-15 also but here bit smaller.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

... and having sat in one numerous times I think they are super awkward and uncomfortable to sit in but...

I don't think they can simulate that for us so we will be ok

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

Regarding bubbe (no frames) in the cockpit of F-16 - does anybody know why it is not so popular solution? Russian planes have enormous frames, F-15 also but here bit smaller.

AFAIK, it limits the aircraft speed and hard to manufacture.

To whom it may concern,

oh man block 50 with GE engines hmm hmm

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Isn't the Viper limited by the canopy temperature?

AFAIK, that is one of the limiting factors.

To whom it may concern,