Bankler's CASE 1 Recovery Trainer

Bankler

On 11/24/2023 at 1:27 AM, Bankler said:

Here's a very quick test version with updated Moose. I haven't tested it more than confirmed that the score starts tracking and I don't get any weird warnings in the log. Please test it if you have the time, and let me know if anything seems off.

@zildac @captain_dalan @japagi @speed-of-heat @Richard Lim @Cobalt135 @Mad_Taz @Iriya @Cepheus76 @marcoy

Thanks a lot for the reports. Much appreciated!

TrapTraining_MP_SC_2_7_3_TEST.miz 1.38 MB · 32 downloads

Thanks mate, will run it this evening and share the findings. 

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

On 11/24/2023 at 12:27 AM, Bankler said:

Here's a very quick test version with updated Moose. I haven't tested it more than confirmed that the score starts tracking and I don't get any weird warnings in the log. Please test it if you have the time, and let me know if anything seems off.

@zildac @captain_dalan @japagi @speed-of-heat @Richard Lim @Cobalt135 @Mad_Taz @Iriya @Cepheus76 @marcoy

TrapTraining_MP_SC_2_7_3_TEST.miz 1.38 MB · 37 downloads

Yep confirmed working here too, many thanks!

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

@Bankler
Sorry for the late reply, it's been a long weekend! The good news is, it works, both for the Hornet and the for the Tomcat.
Mind including a division of F-14A's as well with the next release?

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

On 11/23/2023 at 7:27 PM, Bankler said:

TrapTraining_MP_SC_2_7_3_TEST.miz 1.38 MB · 62 downloads

Works like a dream!  Thanks Bankler!

26 minutes ago, AlleRR said:

Hi all. After the last update the mission stopped working. There are no flight parameters reported. What can be done?

this works

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

VERSION 7.3.0

BanklersCase1RecoveryTrainer_2023_ChristmasUpdate.png

You can now download version 7.3.0 in the Original Post!

Fixing what's broken!

Due to some DCS scripting changes, all missions using Moose stopped working a while back. The guys over at Moose were quick to find the problems and publish a new version. Thanks to them, and thanks to you who helped out testing the little test mission I posted in the thread, we are now back on track. Thank you so much! Happy landings! 💪❤️

Have a nice holiday later this month! //Bankler

CHANGE LOG

* Updated Moose, in order to get the mission working again after ED's scripting changes.
* Changed overhead tanker TACAN band to Y.

Enjoy!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I was wondering. Is there a website or something, logging the passes of all pilots willing to share ? I'm not wondering about "who is the best pilot" (we already know that the plaque for the alternates is down in the ladies room). But rather I'm wondering about my level compared to other (dedicated) pilots, if I should still continue to train hard to improve, or if I can settle for my score as ok, and go have fun differently. My best score is 66 / 75, I don't know what it accounts for for an F-14-B (am I average, above, lower ?), and I usually score above 50.

Also, for tomcat lovers, I would like to share my experience, maybe it will help others ? Quite surprisingly and interestingly, I followed Victory's advice at one point, because I could not get beyond a (low and unsatisfactory) score with the tomcat. So I turned the HUD off. I struggled even more at the beginning, because I needed a new routine. But then it clicked and I did not stop improving case I and III. Now, if I turn the HUD back up, I feel it is much easier than ever. But... I can't stand it anymore, so I keep it down, the routine feels more conforting with instruments. Exactly as Victory said, the analog needle of the altimeter is just so much better to understand your vertical speed / variation. So, I would suggest others to train hard without HUD.

JAR

PS : My compliments and many thanks to Bankler, you opened this road of a beautiful carrier landing for me.

• Like 1

Hi Bankler,

I've installed your latest legacy version, and noticed it is not legacy anymore. I don't know if I am doing anything wrong. Anyway, I changed it to the Forrestal, and now I broke it 😉 Can you please have a look at it?

Thanks!

On 12/21/2023 at 11:54 PM, AdrianL said:

Remove your mods. SU-30, Grippen, UH-60 and others are causing this.

Some of the mods have already been updated to address

UH-60 can really make fleet disappear? 

Not going to bother taking Harpoons  anymore, getting the UH-60!

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods

Even though I started the Hornet module almost a year ago, I am still terrible at carrier landings. But I just discovered this amazing training mission and am finding I am even worse than I thought.

Maybe this is not the right place to ask these ultra-noob questions. It seems my main problem is maintaining a constant altitude when desired.

Is it normal to need to use pitch trim when setting up and entering the break to get to that desired 350 kts and 800 feet? I have recently re calibrated my Winwing throttles and stick which seems to help but staying at the desired altitude when making over adjustments to land seems to be elusive for me.

Should flaps be normally at 1/2 or "auto"?

And IF I do need to bolter and go around again to start over, does raising gear and flaps reset the trim?

• Like 1

There is a ton of very useful videos about this topic (among others). Their lengths of over 10 minutes shows how complex this stuff is, I'm not sure learning it by coming back always asking the next question here is an effective or fast way to learn it.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=f18+case+1+

I suggest you pick one and watch it. You can stop it anytime and watch as many times as you deem necessary. But you always take off with half flap and always land with full flaps. Flaps should be opened under 250 kts, even though there is protection against flap overspeed.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Razor18 said:

There is a ton of very useful videos about this topic (among others). Their lengths of over 10 minutes shows how complex this stuff is, I'm not sure learning it by coming back always asking the next question here is an effective or fast way to learn it.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=f18+case+1+

I suggest you pick one and watch it. You can stop it anytime and watch as many times as you deem necessary. But you always take off with half flap and always land with full flaps. Flaps should be opened under 250 kts, even though there is protection against flap overspeed.

Thanks. I knew I shouldn't have asked here! Point taken. 

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent trainer!

I changed one F-14B to F-14A and CVN-72 to CV-59. Works great. But it would be very kind to add at least one F-14A to airstart into original mission file. 

Thanks again. 

Спойлер

ASRock X570, Ryzen 9 3900X, Kingston HyperX 64GB 3200 MHz, XFX RX6900XT MERC 319 16GB, SSD for DCS - Patriot P210 2048GB, HP Reverb G2.

WINWING Orion 2 throttle, VPC Rotor Plus TCS + Hawk-60 grip, VPC WarBRD + MongoosT-50CM2/V.F.X (F-14) grips. Logitech G940 pedals🥲

• 4 weeks later...