F-14 Release Date Discussion Thread

zhujiammy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apollo 13 module please. :lol:

On a serious note though, I do have hope in their MiG-19P. That is something I will give point wise for them.

Maybe Decoy is from the midlands... As for A13, lol...

I'm conflicted on the 19, on the one hand I like red air, and really want to support Dev's making red air... But the whole mostly abandoned Harrier thing has left a bad taste in my mouth, and of all the mig's I'd be interested in the 19 is pretty much bottom of the list. I guess I'll see how it turns out after a few months.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I'm with you on this.

I don't/ I'm perfectly content with doing case 1 only with the f-14 for two months before doing anything else.

That's what I did with the hornet when I got it because all the rest was pretty unfinished anyway..

And now I fly perfect case 1 with mostly 3 wire all the time, and can do case 1 with pretty much zero visibility...

And at the same time I see people on fighting server wanting all the weapons systems, being unable to do just a basical pattern... which is pretty lame/

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

I don't/ I'm perfectly content with doing case 1 only with the f-14 for two months before doing anything else.

That's what I did with the hornet when I got it because all the rest was pretty unfinished anyway..

And now I fly perfect case 1 with mostly 3 wire all the time, and can do case 1 with pretty much zero visibility...

And at the same time I see people on fighting server wanting all the weapons systems, being unable to do just a basical pattern... which is pretty lame/

Yup, learn the basics first... then go fight.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

I dont understand the constant complaining about EA in this community.

Dont buy it. Or go to a competitor...oh wait there are none!

Dont bite the hand that feeds you. Or the only Tomcat you would see is the Aerosoft one with no combat environment (TackPack is not a fix for that).

True story, but indeed I do have very good memories of that.

There was the possibility to perform interceptions against Su-27s and Tu-95 Bears.

(Although it was possible to shot them down, these wouldn't return fire.)

Also the FSX and add-ons devs themselves, always stated that it never was a Combat Simulation.

Most of the time I was:

- overflying NAS Miramar (with Mile High Sims scenario);

- overflying Manhattan;

- or landing at JFK with bad weather.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

I'm with you on this.

Me also, I'm a little annoyed with myself for pre purchasing I usually wait a few weeks after "release" to see what the bugs are and to get a sense of whether its worth buying into the early access.

I think to cover themselves ED should at least restrict EA software so it can only be purchased on release date, and not pre purchase. Maybe that or start to communicate more with the people who have paid to a better standard the reasons why the software was delayed. Its all well and good delaying a release for something that isn't pre paid but if its been paid for then there will be bad feeling.

As for the time its takes to become feature complete well that depends on how many people buy after EA release, if most of the market has been exhausted with pre sales I can't see the development continuing too far in the future.

Imo, the problem is, they move on to a new project soon after release... So the concentration is taken away from from current model and goes into next model.

They started the f14 when viggen wasn't finished. Now they will start something else when f14 isn't finished. But it appears people will pay for wip/ea. They make more money that way... And at the end of the day it's business and they are trying to make money.

Who bought it, bought it and will buy it in wip. If next year they release an f4 or a tornado that's wip, people will buy that too...

They might sell 1000 tornado in 2020, but they'll only sell 100 f14 that's "finished"

It's just my opinion.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I have no problem with how the EA model works at the moment. I'm big enough and ugly enough to know when I'm taking a risk. And I like to support this small set of companies that provides the virtual planes that I keep crashing. :) But I do worry for the future.

The pace of module development/release appears to be accelerating, with sales of new modules funding the maintenance and further development of of older modules.

This works ok when a developer has 2-3 modules. But imagine when developers have a greater number of modules. Will sales of a new F22 module in the year 2022 (I wish!) be able to fund its own development, plus the updating of 6 older modules from the same developer? Will that developer have the personnel and the time? A small team can continue to release one new module at a time, but that doesn't mean they can also maintain a continually-growing library of older modules.

Maybe the future is a subscription-based service. I hope not.

Or maybe the interface between DCS World and the modules can be made more flexible, so modules don't need to be rebuilt for each release and are more backwards compatible? E.g. each module requesting the features it needs from DCS and broadcasts the features it provides to DCS, rather than a static API that changes with each release. I have no idea how it works today; I'm only guessing. But it does appear that the updating of previous modules is a significant overhead even now.

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48K, Kempston joystick Interface, Alba Cassette Recorder, Quickshot II Turbo Joystick

didnt read all the posts so maybe this has been answered already.

release should be till the end of winter if i remember correctly.

i wouldnt worry too much about the early access, heatblur is one of the best third party dev teams and they´ll deliver quality no questions asked.

also consider, this bird is coming to you in early access as almost feature complete.

Quote: “If you can’t fly in the weather, or land on the ship, you are of no use to the United States Navy...”

Good for you Immel.

Viewpoints are my own.

There's a whole lot lame on the MP Servers in that regard. :(

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

There's a whole lot lame on the MP Servers in that regard. :(

But AeroQuake AceDCS is the best! :lol:

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Heatblur haven't missed their target yet, so why are we mad again? :P

(I'm actually impatient too, but only because the module looks great, and all of the Content Creator feedback has been nothing but praise thus far.)

But I've only just finished my first read-through of the HB manual, and still have about half of NATOPS to go. Sooner is better, but I can wait a little longer, too. :pilotfly:

Quote: “If you can’t fly in the weather, or land on the ship, you are of no use to the United States Navy...”

Good for you Immel.

Yeah. I just meant that if all systems aren't present, especially weapons systems, it isn't a big deal. There is so much to learn and to perfect just by flying the airplane, that I would be perfectly fine with getting it already, even with some weapon systems not finished.

And I don't mean just put the plane in the ship. I mean mastering the proper procedures within the proper parameters. Doing it methodically and realistically. And doing it again and again.

And having people like you post so much valuable informations on this forum is just an inspirations to do better.

When the tomcat gets out, I will probably shoot some missile in instant action just to see how they behave. But for sure I will spend some weeks just mastering the basics of flight until I do it right... then and only then I will try mastering whatever secondary or weapon system on the bird.

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

You will need to polish up your instrument skills to achieve what you described on the ship. As I said, I'll do a tips paper when the module releases. I think that you learn more from reading and referencing, then doing it in the sim itself than by watching a video.

You have a beautiful sim that you can pause, reset, change parameters and so forth. Videos are great for overview and entertainment, but mastering flight takes effort, you against the sim.

Viewpoints are my own.

I don't see what the issue is, no one is FORCING you to buy the module. If you don't like work in progress modules then don't Flip'en buy it.... LOL how hard is that to comprehend???

You only have yourselves to blame, look at this thread,

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=193450

Says it all .... F-14 not even out yet and players begging HB to develop the A6. Same people in this thread that are complaining about a WIP module (F-14)

It just needs to stop ....

OMG the misguided cash I sank into that pointless venture....:mad:

That's a fair statement... you should jump [back] on their forums and express your frustrations with that rather tiny team. :thumbup:

US NAVY Veteran (2004 - 2010)

NAS Oceana, NAF Atsugi

VFA-106 (Line)

VFA-192 (Line sup, PP, L/HPT instructor qualified)

VFA-115 (PP, LPT qualified)

OMG the misguided cash I sank into that pointless venture....:mad:

Without a doubt. I try not to think about it. It just makes me angry.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

my interpretation of Early access would be what the "YouTubers" have now. The ability to start learning the jet while other things are still in a WIP state.

I personally wouldn't mind having the jet while the back seat is being worked on, it would seem that there is enough content currently (in the front seat) to allow people to have access to the jet.

I also personally get a little annoyed that "YouTubers" get to have the aircraft before the regular people that have paid for it, like myself. but that is just my personal opinion.

Thanks Specter

+1000

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

Dear Heatblur.

I want to know what is stopping the release.

Bug elimination? Additional features? Systems?

Can you share list of incomplete item which must be done until release module?

+1000

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

these situations are deleterious for the credibility of the whole DCS complex