** F-14 Development Update: December 2018 **

Cobra847

You kind of just proved Dino Might's point though. I don't believe Heatblur ever said they wanted to release on the 21st. I'm not even sure they brought it up. The significance of that date for us was 100% contrived by us, and we built ourselves up that it was a release date. And once it passed, we got mad nothing happened. Just because that date happened to be near, is irrelevant. We assumed it had significance, but they never state such significance.
In a system of NDAs and little information about such things. I get what you're saying, and it's my belief that's why ED enforces such NDAs. But DSC as a whole (when it comes to everything) is about those little details, think "oh what's that HARM doing there?" Or static aircraft in a video of seemingly no importance.

It's that history, combined with circumstantial timing, combined with what I mentioned.

Like you can't deny there is a cadance to a release, and that cadance fit that date. Coincidence, sure, in hind sight. Or not, but that's the beauty of an NDA. We'll never know.

My whole point in all of this was I was reading pointing of fingers at Heatblur or at the community. Everyone gets a little.

Am I a little salty it's not out? Sure. But I've more information since I was excited. Once I start seeing the jet more on YouTube I'll get a little more excited again.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... My whole point in all of this was I was reading pointing of fingers at Heatblur or at the community. Everyone gets a little. ...

Yeah, I have to agree. Thinking about the bigger picture, we definitely have a culture of subtle hinting and hidden clues. Which, naturally, leads to trying to guess out these clues into some greater meaning, even when there's nothing there to divine. And all of this stems from pure excitement. Heatblur has to be super excited to finally share this multi-year long labor of love with us, and it shows in all the materials they've released to us and how they've released them so far. And we have to be super excited to finally fly this bird, or people wouldn't get so worked up about it.

But we need to have more patience. I think we're well beyond all the secrecy and hint hiding. We're just in the final run to "completion" and historically we've always had warning that a pre-order discount period was about to end. It'll come. In the mean time we can enjoy a new stream of videos detailing systems and what not. I think the next will be start-up procedures.

Half the fun is the anticipation, trying to find the Easter eggs, and speculating wildly. Those who cant handle the "disappointment" when their wild speculations don't come to fruition ought to know better than to join in. All the recent hate and discontent has been of our own making. If you can't just enjoy the anticipation, then ignore everything until release and let the rest of us have a nice time instead of trying to bring everyone down.

why-dont-you-knock-it-off-with-them-negatives-waves-why-dont-you-dig-how-beautiful-it-is-out-here-wh.jpg

My personal problem with the hype train is that once I’m on it, there is no getting off and while I’m on it, I lose most of my motivation or incentive to fly anything else. I don’t want to continue learning the Hornet, for instance, because I feel like the tomcat is just around the next corner. So, I end up grounded, not flying anything seriously until the next hot module is released. It’s like having sex with I gorilla, I guess...you can’t stop it until it wants you to.

I know this is my own problem, and place no blame for it anyplace else.

The next brief text update should be around the corner :)

I don't expect anything new regarding release tho as it has been christmas.

Maybe we get the startup video in the next few days or the NDA gets lifted.

Hype is fun in doses, one does just need to know when to apply moderate hype and when to go full retard (never).

Edited by falk1234
failed ascii art removed

You are aware that Doctors, Nurses [...]

I've been to the hospital (in Germany) already over Easter holidays. No doctors at all and just one single nurse have been there over the days, and I had to pay the full price each day anyway. So yes, there are a few, but very few. But nowadays it's the rule to work even as a programmer for example. Had to finish a project on holidays already by myself. That was far from mandatory for society. Very far. I also know people who work in shift operation for car industry/automotive or plastics production who couldn't get days off over Christmas. And that's what I've been speaking of. After all I'm gld to live in a capitalist world nevertheless since communism or any other system that existed to date isn't any better at all. But even a thing that's good has it's weaknesses and might get better - but that would never happen if noone would criticize anything.

Lol...you really think Cobra and the guys are HB are being forced to work on the Holidays?

Give me a break with your ultra triggered "Capitalism is evil" poppycock ranting.

They ain't forced, I just gave an advice to be done. I've overworked myself until deep into burnout, kicking myself out of employment into disease and even disability. Not being able to work for my cash sucks and what sucks even more is, that noone outside of my family even does accemt me anymore because of that, except for ...

Hahahahahahahahaha! The broney crap makes sense now.

... those pony fags who know what tolerance and acceptance is. 99.99% of mankind doesn't know that obviously. Being expelled from society is hell, being treated like a slave by the authorities doesn't make it any better. Gotta find somewhere to be treated with respect still, that's where I went to. Not the usual shit I've got to listen to everyday that I don't do anything for the little money I receive from state paid by the tax payer. And capitalism is the reason I can't work anymore, since I can't meet the efficiency of others anymore who are preferred over me when trying to apply for work. This is reality. But it's easy to rant about someone who complains about mankind if you haven't been there yourself.

If HB decided to work because of their dedication, that's fine, I just don't want to see anyone end up like me. I'd rather see no discussion about this aymore though since it's off topic after all. Let's just look forward to the upcoming awesomeness of this module. This will be one of the closest possibilities for me to make a dream come true in uncredible quality.

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I'm not gonna complain about the hype- I like to be in the know and it's great when we're kept updated, and given the choice to pre-order for if we wish to.

I took that as an option to support the developers and jump into the cat as soon as it's released, and of course to get myself a little discount. ;)

As far as I'm concerned, the release date of the tomcat is confirmed, but we *may* get it before then.

Thank you heatblur for bringing us the Tomcat! We understand the pressure that this alone brings, and I think most of us would rather it be released later and closer to completion, than earlier and missing important features. Best wishes :thumbup:

Personally I don't/ I'd be happy with a functional tomcat with only FM and navigation system working to fly on right now

They can add all the weapon systems later on as far as I am concerned.

I was perfectly happy doing only case 1 , patterns, and r3fueling for 4 weeks with the hornet when it came out.

Training and mastering everything at once is pretty useless anyway.

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

^Hates capitalism, but just...can't...wait...to pretend to be a pilot of one of the fighter jets that defended the oppressive tyrannical blood and money thirsty regime for almost thirty years. :pilotfly:

Just disliking the concept of "human resource" in it that totally devalues people less capable of than others with no valid reason. If you can't even be a dishwasher... :thumbup:

And I'm not a Nazi for flying the 109 or Commie for flying a MiG. I just like certain airframes.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I saw that there will be an omission of items like Training and Manuals for early access. I remember reading that the manuals will be living documents.

Are we able to see ANY of that now (regardless of completeness) ? I feel like the 1,538,589 page manual couldn't hurt if I started reading 2-3 pages heh

System Specs:

Intel 8700K (Factory Clocks) / NZXT Kraken X62

ASUS ROG STRIX 1080TI

Corsair RGB 32GB @ 3600MHZ

Samsung 970EVO M.2 OS Drive / 2 x Samsung 960EVO SATA Game Drive (DCS and STEAM)

Phankteks Enthoo Evolv TG w/ something like, 9 case fans now...

Alienware 34" AW3418DW (with 120HZ and GSYNC)

Warthog HOTAS

Thrustmaster MFD

Saitek Rudder Pedals

Logitch G35 Mic

TrackIR5

Corsair keyboard/mouse

A10C,FA18,F14,Viggen <3,F16,Spitfire, NTTR, Persian Gulf,SuperCarrier

Personally I don't/ I'd be happy with a functional tomcat with only FM and navigation system working to fly on right now

I was perfectly happy doing only case 1 , patterns, and r3fueling for 4 weeks with the hornet when it came out.

I'm with you there. The minute it was flyable with a decent FM, I would have taken the Chromecat and not griped one bit. I still enjoy the Hornet a lot and have since day one of early access, mostly doing pattern work, some stints on the aerobatics online server, and the occasional training mission.

I think I might have burned myself out on PvP flying so much and so frequently on Blue Flag that I'm now just wanting to have some relaxing ferry flights, cats/traps, and AAR.

I know that I will be spending plenty of time in the Cat just flying around and hitting F3 over and over again. Lots of flying on aerobatics online and the like.

I saw that there will be an omission of items like Training and Manuals for early access. I remember reading that the manuals will be living documents.

Are we able to see ANY of that now (regardless of completeness) ? I feel like the 1,538,589 page manual couldn't hurt if I started reading 2-3 pages heh

Well said!!

I would also be very happy with a functional Tomcat with only Fm and Nav system to fly right now, also a Heatblur Manual for F-14B would also be a bonus sooner than later :thumbup::thumbup:

I've been to the hospital (in Germany) already over Easter holidays. No doctors at all and just one single nurse have been there over the days, and I had to pay the full price each day anyway. So yes, there are a few, but very few. But nowadays it's the rule to work even as a programmer for example. Had to finish a project on holidays already by myself. That was far from mandatory for society. Very far. I also know people who work in shift operation for car industry/automotive or plastics production who couldn't get days off over Christmas. And that's what I've been speaking of. After all I'm gld to live in a capitalist world nevertheless since communism or any other system that existed to date isn't any better at all. But even a thing that's good has it's weaknesses and might get better - but that would never happen if noone would criticize anything.

They ain't forced, I just gave an advice to be done. I've overworked myself until deep into burnout, kicking myself out of employment into disease and even disability. Not being able to work for my cash sucks and what sucks even more is, that noone outside of my family even does accemt me anymore because of that, except for ...

... those pony fags who know what tolerance and acceptance is. 99.99% of mankind doesn't know that obviously. Being expelled from society is hell, being treated like a slave by the authorities doesn't make it any better. Gotta find somewhere to be treated with respect still, that's where I went to. Not the usual shit I've got to listen to everyday that I don't do anything for the little money I receive from state paid by the tax payer. And capitalism is the reason I can't work anymore, since I can't meet the efficiency of others anymore who are preferred over me when trying to apply for work. This is reality. But it's easy to rant about someone who complains about mankind if you haven't been there yourself.

If HB decided to work because of their dedication, that's fine, I just don't want to see anyone end up like me. I'd rather see no discussion about this aymore though since it's off topic after all. Let's just look forward to the upcoming awesomeness of this module. This will be one of the closest possibilities for me to make a dream come true in uncredible quality.

"If you won't do it, I'll hire someone who will". I can't believe how widely that attitude has taken hold. Standard of living goes way beyond dollars and cents.

^Hates capitalism, but just...can't...wait...to pretend to be a pilot of one of the fighter jets that defended the oppressive tyrannical blood and money thirsty regime for almost thirty years. :pilotfly:

You mean The Islamic Republic of Iran? :D

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

I completely agree. Bugs and things can be worked out later, it looks from the videos that the PFM is working so this should be released into Early access IMPO

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

I completely agree. Bugs and things can be worked out later, it looks from the videos that the PFM is working so this should be released into Early access IMPO

Fascinating that you can judge a flight model from video. I will believe it when I am flying it.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

"If you won't do it, I'll hire someone who will". I can't believe how widely that attitude has taken hold. Standard of living goes way beyond dollars and cents.

I cannot imagine how that does not make sense in the current world. You hire people to do a job. If they won't, or can't, do that job then you send them packing and hire someone else.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I cannot imagine how that does not make sense in the current world. You hire people to do a job. If they won't, or can't, do that job then you send them packing and hire someone else.

With a strong and fair industrial relations framework that protects workers rights I would agree with you. When people are offered inadequate pay and ridiculous workloads industry wide people have little choice but to accept what's offered.

This is both off-topic and political so I'll leave it there.

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

Trouble is they advertised to have all the features seen in the video so if they did that they could find themselves in trouble.

Personally I'm getting sick of have finished products and I'm not just talking about DCS. What ever happened to FINISHING a product before selling it?

Trouble is they advertised to have all the features seen in the video so if they did that they could find themselves in trouble.

Personally I'm getting sick of have finished products and I'm not just talking about DCS. What ever happened to FINISHING a product before selling it?

While the Stockholm Syndrome epidemic remains you can't expect any development. Dev's will do whatever they want, and still blame the community for their wrongdoings...

Thrustmaster warthog?: $400.00

MFG crosswinds?: $350.00

ED F/A-18C?: $69.99

Not pre-ordering the HB F-14? : Priceless

There are some things money can buy.....

My systems:

Windows 10 64 bits

I7-8700k

32.0 GB RAM

500Gb SSD

Asus ROG 2080ti

HP Reverb

Windows 10 64 bits

I7-6820HQ CPU @ 2.70Ghz

32.0 GB RAM

500Gb SSD

Nvidia Quadro M4000M

TrackIR 5

Thrustmaster warthog?: $400.00

MFG crosswinds?: $350.00

ED F/A-18C?: $69.99

Not pre-ordering the HB F-14? : Priceless

There are some things money can buy.....

I don't think not preordering has a big impact on DCS/3rd parties. Everyone will end-up buying anyway. That's why they do what they want, like delete/edit posts, shift blame, create expectation than blame you for over-expect, give vague statements open to interpretation, mislead info, etc and in the end, it's all on you.