Screen flickering since 2.5.4

ams999

In my video 2 pages before

you can clearly see that it happens when the sun reflects in the cockpit glass

(for me atleast)

I noticed that too. Always when the sun is reflecting in or off of something.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

Fixed

Cleaned

Deleted FXO/meta2

No mods

Nvidia 417.71

Tried to return the old 399.24

Water low/med/high

The only thing that helps is the flat shadows in the cockpit!

Doesnt help on my machine.

AMD Ryzen 5 3800X CPU

AMD Radeon RX Vega 64

G.Skill DIMM 16 GB DDR4-3600

ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING

Windows 10 - 64 Bit

THRUSTMASTER TFRP + T.Flight Hotas X / TrackIR 5

Did you guys do a clean install of your video drivers or just a straight update?

Did about 2 fresh installs and 2 updates

AMD Ryzen 5 3800X CPU

AMD Radeon RX Vega 64

G.Skill DIMM 16 GB DDR4-3600

ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING

Windows 10 - 64 Bit

THRUSTMASTER TFRP + T.Flight Hotas X / TrackIR 5

It's ocean, module didn't matter. Turning to medium sea stops it. Just as per video, but didn't realise it was non VR too. In VR it's lucky someone doesn't have a seizure. Everyone with VR in my Sqn has noticed it. Since December OB.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Nineline, you may also want to ask Rik about it as well, he posted as mentioned a 'confirmed' when we reported this last patch and there wasn't anything in the patch notes saying that it may have been fixed..

i7 13700k, 64gb DDR5, Warthog HOTAS, HP Reverb G2 VR, win 11, RTX 3070

TGW Dedicated Server Admin, Australian PVE/PVP gameplay. (taskgroupwarrior.info/2020)

My settings with flickering

Flickering was not rare in first 2.5.4 version, with different nvidia drivers

I experienced flickering in second 2.5.4 until i deleted fxo and metashaders2 contents,

only 1 simulations since i cleaned those files; I tried to recreate a heavy flickering video scene with winter +11h +fly towards the sun with an F-15C.

(I plan to update nvidia drivers to yesterdays latest version if I encounter flickering.)

Screen_190117_004417flickeringsetup.thumb.jpg.8b4cd17ae29e970fd009148901d9d7aa.jpg

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD

I can replicate this problem every time. In the A10 when you see the round reflection of the sun on the inside of the canopy the flickering will start.

In the mission I have engaeg the targets from the east ( bomb or gun ) the turn out and head north. This started two updates ago. I also rebuilt the shaders and fxo folders

NTTR A-10C Weapon Practice.miz

settings.thumb.jpg.99cbe47569af1af075fa95c8ff6e0ad8.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

guys, who have this issue please post the windows version. In latest updates microsoft changed something so my games are not running fullscreen. I 'm on Windows 10 pro 1809 - 17763.253 and I too had this issue, but after disabled the fullscreen optimization I haven't seen it again, so please confirm.

Just for the heck of it, can one of you having it give me a short track where you experience it?

The Gazelle track in the first post of this thread still shows the flickering quite well for me.

Here is another one for the Fw 190 (flicker seen in outside view).

Both are instant action missions.

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

Something that might help to reduce the work load in trying to single out this issue, NineLine, is that it doesn't seem to happen in external view, but only in cockpit view (and it still happens after updating my nVidia driver to the latest version).

In VR, the flickering happens multiple times per second, switching from one eye to the other.

One mission that I use to check its presence, is for example the Hornet Caucasus Free Flight mission.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Something that might help to reduce the work load in trying to single out this issue, NineLine, is that it doesn't seem to happen in external view, but only in cockpit view (and it still happens after updating my nVidia driver to the latest version).

Check the post above yours.

The Gazelle track in the first post of this thread still shows the flickering quite well for me.

Here is another one for the Fw 190 (flicker seen in outside view).

Both are instant action missions.

Just replayed your track and didn't see any flickering on my machine.

Just replayed your track and didn't see any flickering on my machine.

Interesting. For me, there is flickering when you see the sun reflection on the rotating propeller. When I move the view so that the sun reflection is not on the propeller or I stop the propeller the flickering stops.

With the Gazelle, the flickering starts as soon as I switch on the battery.

Again some tracks but it seems to be different for different people.

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance

A very short video to show what the Gazelle looks like to me.

It is after the update to 2.5.4 in december, but what happened there? And only with some modules.:joystick:

yeah, it has nothing to do with windows, drivers etc. This is definitely a DCS issue as it happened as soon as i installed 2.5.4 in December.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

guys, who have this issue please post the windows version. In latest updates microsoft changed something so my games are not running fullscreen. I 'm on Windows 10 pro 1809 - 17763.253 and I too had this issue, but after disabled the fullscreen optimization I haven't seen it again, so please confirm.

Tried that didn't do anything, got the flicker within 2 minutes of being in the air.

i7 13700k, 64gb DDR5, Warthog HOTAS, HP Reverb G2 VR, win 11, RTX 3070

TGW Dedicated Server Admin, Australian PVE/PVP gameplay. (taskgroupwarrior.info/2020)