Screen flickering since 2.5.4

ams999

@FlappieCould You and let us know if we can expect any correction of this issue, and in what timeframe?

I have the problem on the non-overclocked hardware.

• Like 1

Natural Born Kamikaze

-------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

The better way to get issues fixed quickly in DCS is to get testers like me to replicate these issues. Can you please reproduce the issue, save the track, then attach it here?

Even if I'm unable to replicate, I'll send it to other testers.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Heavy Flickering.zipHere You go, including the log file.

It looks like multiple light sources, when are in line with the sun, causes such flickering.

• Like 2

Natural Born Kamikaze

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

Thanks. This is what I get on my end. I see some rare black flashes but I assume they are produced when the camera goes underwater. Are they the flashes you talk about or do you see more on your end?

Edited by Flappie

Thanks for checking, though it's not the same.
Watch his video again. You can also see that some of the black flashes don't even cover the whole screen. More like there are some black window tiles that suddenly come on top.

Little OT.
Sometimes I will have large trees in front of my cockpit, high up in the air.
They have been with me for the past couple of years though. Probably not the same issue.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Sometimes I will have large trees in front of my cockpit, high up in the air.
They have been with me for the past couple of years though. Probably not the same issue.

The grass over deck issue is reported (and I've seen it as well) but I had not heard about trees... Please open a new thread about this issue, along with a screenshot, a track, and your dcs.log.

• Like 1

@FlappieYour flashing occurs the same time as in mine, but way less times than on my computer. These are not the moments when camera comes underwater.

Sorry I'm not inclined to show the movie but I have the ADSL 12Mbit/700kbit, so it's quite a lot of waiting for any materials upload on the Youtube.

Natural Born Kamikaze

@Flappie...one hour later...
This is how it looks for me, in 0:42 starts the most intense flickering.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Natural Born Kamikaze

Right, I did a rather lengthy test in the F-5 around Tbilisi. But I was testing the TACAN issue in the F-5 as well, to see if I could trigger it too. But I forgot to turn off mods and the microphone, so no point in uploading either track or YT vid.

But on a positive note, I now know exactly where I can trigger the flickering. As mention in a post above, it seems geographical for me.
Start on the end of runway 13, Tbilisi. Flickering starts when I start roll. Fly over the city with flickering. Head to the mountains away from the city. It stops.
Go back to Tbilisi, it comes back. Now, I do several overhead passes over Tbilisi, heading 130ish. Flickering starts exactly at the same spot, about where the tallest trees in the front of the runway are. I went around about three times, different altitudes, last one when landing.
First time I noticed this was in the Mirage, after the clouds update when coming in for landing at Tbilisi.
Gonna test some more, sans any mod and after a full slow repair.
I really appreciate you looking into this @Flappie!
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

@FlappieFor me the easiest way to replicate is to put the carrier early morning, when the sun rises and is low over the horizon, so on the deck are lot of lights enabled, then look through the carrier into the sun. The second way is to look from the plane cockpit with the interior lights enabled into the sun that is low over the horizon.

Edited by Amarok_73

Natural Born Kamikaze

I have experienced a similar black flickering which only happens at night probably caused by lights. In daylight I cannot reproduce this bug.

Here is a video:

Here is a second video captured from the same track but in daylight:

Here is the trackfile:
Black Flickering Bug at Night Track Marianas.trk

My CPU, RAM and GPU aren't overclocked nor undervolted. My windows drivers are up to date. My graphics driver is the second last WHQL driver recommended by AMD (the newest WHQL driver has only optimizations for some new games, no bug fixing in the release notes).

Best regards Rene

Edited by Ithronwise
  • Thanks 1

ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming, AMD Ryzen 3800X, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX 6800 XT, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 250 GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 1 TB (DCS World), Gigabyte G27QC Gaming Monitor, DelanClip Gamer, WINWING F-16EX Metal Flightstick with Orion2 Joystick Base, WINWING F-15EX II Metal Throttle with Orion2 Throttle Base, WINWING PTO 2 Take Off Panel, VIRPIL Controls Ace Flight Pedals, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, Windows 10 Pro

• 4 weeks later...