DCS World - Heatblur F-14 Tomcat - Early Access First Look

Jabbers_

I have an multiple orgasm...yeaaaa

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

As always, really good video Jabbers.

Looking forward to more :thumbup:.

Yes it all looks fantastic, sounds great and all, but what really made me raise an eyebrow this time around, was the ability to work the Jester wheel with TIR. Now the million dollar question: Does that apply for VR too?

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

As always, really good video Jabbers.

Looking forward to more :thumbup:.

Yes it all looks fantastic, sounds great and all, but what really made me raise an eyebrow this time around, was the ability to work the Jester wheel with TIR. Now the million dollar question: Does that apply for VR too?

It does, and with them adding the very specific Jester bindings you could ultimately do some really cool Voice Attack support as well.

Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord

Awesome video! I do not have rudder pedals, nor do I have space for them below the desk (it is currently being occupied by my sons racing gear). So do you think the tomcat will by flyable using a twist stick, or do I need to have a talk with my son? :D

Awesome video! I do not have rudder pedals, nor do I have space for them below the desk (it is currently being occupied by my sons racing gear). So do you think the tomcat will by flyable using a twist stick, or do I need to have a talk with my son? :D

Let's put it this way, I've seen people play DCS world competitively with a mouse and keyboard. Is it possible 100%. Would I do it, no, but thats me. I think you can do it just fine if you really wanted to.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

Very good video ! Thank you for bringing it to us :)

How is VR in the Tomcat (frame rate, readability,...) ? I don't think you talked about it in your video.

Also does the LANTIRN work atm and can Jester use it ?

Regards,

Rex.

I was going to cover VR in this video but it started getting to long so I cut it. Ill do a separate video on that, or just post something on twitter, I need to do some more work in VR, I stayed away quite a bit for this because I needed to record so much non-VR footage

As for LANTIRN, I believe it works, but cant show the RIO pit. I dont think Jester uses it yet, and the only way I would be able to show it is to repeat it in the pilot seat, but didnt have have the ability right now as it required a 2nd person and that person's time zone this week didnt match up.

How am I supposed to not be fully hyped after seeing this? :helpsmilie:

One question, does the Jester select wheel also work in vr mode? (Just like trackir you showed in your video)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

I was going to cover VR in this video but it started getting to long so I cut it. Ill do a separate video on that, or just post something on twitter, I need to do some more work in VR, I stayed away quite a bit for this because I needed to record so much non-VR footage

As for LANTIRN, I believe it works, but cant show the RIO pit. I dont think Jester uses it yet, and the only way I would be able to show it is to repeat it in the pilot seat, but didnt have have the ability right now as it required a 2nd person and that person's time zone this week didnt match up.

Thank you very much for the answers :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Let's put it this way, I've seen people play DCS world competitively with a mouse and keyboard. Is it possible 100%. Would I do it, no, but thats me. I think you can do it just fine if you really wanted to.

Ok, thanks for the answer! I guess there is only one way to find out: :joystick:

Hi Jabbers

Great video I wounder if there is/will be a way to interact with Jester through Voice attack?

Also do you know if there will be a series of interactive training missions to familiarize pilots with the systems

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am ready :pilotfly:

METEOP

i5-6600K OC@4.5Ghz, GTX 1070 OC, 32Gb RAM, M.2 NVMe SSD

Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pro, Trackhat Clip, 1080p projector, Custom touchscreen rig, Ikarus touchscreen panel, Voice Attack, ReShade, Simshaker Aviator

I do have a bone to pick with you Jabbers!

You just got me to break my New Years resolution of..."No more DCS modules for 2019!!!" :doh:

Seriously though, an amazing looking aircraft and a really great introduction video, thanks! :thumbup:

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

jester is so funny, can't wait to piss him off :D

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I've repeated this so many times Im getting sick of myself. But I'll say it again:

Can't wait!

Great video, hopefully we'll get another one soon that looks at some of the systems in more detail. Especially the air to air part. The jet and the weapons look like they are fairly simple to use, but hard to master. I want to learn as much as I can before I get into the pit at last.

Edited by OnlyforDCS

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Distracted by your image in a mirror.... just like a real fighter pilot. Nice video, very informative.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

@Jabbers_

I can't get over the fact that the shaking effect seems to be a bit overdone. I realize that a simulation can't convey real physical effects properly, and that sometimes graphical/sound effects are being used to try to capture that feeling. When you flew the F-14 did it feel "real"?

On another note, yes the mirrors look very cool. And I realize that when you return to the boat you have to make sure your hair still looks good. Some (not as as vain pilots) might even use the mirrors for looking behind the jet iso for personal admiration. Can they be adjusted for those who wish to use them to look behind?

Very informative video, my thanks.

As per many here, can't wait...

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.