Raven One: upcoming DLC campaign for F/A-18 Hornet

Since I cant find a bug thread I figured this will be the best place to put this, At the start of mission 9 when my wingman goes to taxi from elevator 2 there is a F-18 in the way blocking them from being able to make it to the cat. The AI wont taxi around the plane in front of it.

It is actually M8, I need to update the cover photo - please PM me on any of the channels listed on my website and I will help you get through it.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

I've been playing DCS since 2012, this is the best Campaign I've played so far. On mission 6 now.

Highly recommend it. This also comes from someone who has also developed a campaign.

Make sure you read the book "Raven One!"

Thank you, Sir! Let me know when you get to m8, you might need some help to get it to work due to a bug :/

I read on a FB post that the Autosave feature was being worked on. I've read mission 3 takes close to 3 hours. Has today's DCS Beta update added in the save feature? How does it work?.

Thanks.

Dave

Hey Dave. M3 can be done in a little over 2h. The save game semi-works now: if you get behind the tanker and don't take fuel, when you exit you'll get to M4. At this stage my advice is to do just that and then run mission 3A from the campaign folder separately just to finish it - you will start behind the tanker. I am working on making the system work, but so far it seems I was overly optimistic about it...

OK, it seems that due to technical reason, the updated missions didn't make it to the last build. After talking to ED and in order to enable everyone to finish the campaign, I created a separate entry in DCS User Files, where you can download the updated M8 and learn how to edit LOGBOOK.LUA to make the campaign progress after M13 and 14 (which you will be able to finish normally). Once again apologies for all the trouble, but since we're over two weeks from next update I thought this will be needed:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...files/3311994/

"my advice is to do just that and then run mission 3A from the campaign folder separately just to finish it - you will start behind the tanker."

That will work. So some missions will have a part A or B and use this as a way to manually continue. Sounds good. Thanks. I'll be picking this up. I've read nothing but steller reviews. : ).

Dave.

OK, it seems that due to technical reason, the updated missions didn't make it to the last build. After talking to ED and in order to enable everyone to finish the campaign, I created a separate entry in DCS User Files, where you can download the updated M8 and learn how to edit LOGBOOK.LUA to make the campaign progress after M13 and 14 (which you will be able to finish normally). Once again apologies for all the trouble, but since we're over two weeks from next update I thought this will be needed:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...files/3311994/

The link does not seems to work...

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

Baltic,

Can't wait for this campaign to release on steam, currently chomping at the bit to purchase this campaign. I did however try mission 8 off of the user files, as a bit of a teaser for your fantastic work. A couple of observations,

1. Is olive supposed to start closer to cats 3 & 4? After a couple of playthroughs I noticed she randomly starts closer to cats 3 & 4 on occasion. Other times, she starts towards the stern.

2. On return to the carrier, I call inbound, and get established. I am waiting for my push time and she is following, I call commensing and order olive to kiss off, she proceeds toward secondary landing location. Is this intended?

Interesting story regarding my last playthrough that instantly made me feel like SpongeBob in the novel:

1. On my way to the tanker after completing mission 8.

2. At 1200lbs and 2 miles from Texaco, olive rubber bands in front of me and proceeds to take up station behind Texaco and blocks me from hooking up. I wait patiently, with my fuel now hitting 850lbs, I proceed to panic, and thankfully olive then rubber bands back into the observation point next to Texaco. I successfully hook up with 500 lbs remaining....all the while batching Betty screaming in my ear, fuel low.

Never have i had a campaign bring me into the intended story as your mission has. If the full campaign is anything like my experience listed above, you deserve a medal for your work.

System: Ryzen 5900x, G.Skill 3600 32GB, MSI 4090 suprim liquid X, samsung odyssey+ headset 

Baltic Dragon,

I did not have a problem completing mission 8, but mission 9 appears to have a bug. "Olive" or 410, never takes off because she is stuck on the deck behind parked F-18s. Thus, she sits there and never moves. I've accelerated time, no change. What is the solution to this?

Baltic,

Can't wait for this campaign to release on steam, currently chomping at the bit to purchase this campaign. I did however try mission 8 off of the user files, as a bit of a teaser for your fantastic work. A couple of observations,

1. Is olive supposed to start closer to cats 3 & 4? After a couple of playthroughs I noticed she randomly starts closer to cats 3 & 4 on occasion. Other times, she starts towards the stern.

2. On return to the carrier, I call inbound, and get established. I am waiting for my push time and she is following, I call commensing and order olive to kiss off, she proceeds toward secondary landing location. Is this intended?

Interesting story regarding my last playthrough that instantly made me feel like SpongeBob in the novel:

1. On my way to the tanker after completing mission 8.

2. At 1200lbs and 2 miles from Texaco, olive rubber bands in front of me and proceeds to take up station behind Texaco and blocks me from hooking up. I wait patiently, with my fuel now hitting 850lbs, I proceed to panic, and thankfully olive then rubber bands back into the observation point next to Texaco. I successfully hook up with 500 lbs remaining....all the while batching Betty screaming in my ear, fuel low.

Never have i had a campaign bring me into the intended story as your mission has. If the full campaign is anything like my experience listed above, you deserve a medal for your work.

Thanks for the kind words! There seem to be some change in spawn logic which only seems to hit this mission - and the user files one is supposed to work (Olive should spawn next to you). The rest of the campaign is pretty similar I think - some of the missions are more immersive I think.

Baltic Dragon,

I did not have a problem completing mission 8, but mission 9 appears to have a bug. "Olive" or 410, never takes off because she is stuck on the deck behind parked F-18s. Thus, she sits there and never moves. I've accelerated time, no change. What is the solution to this?

That is M8, the night one - the one you should download from the user files. There was a mistake in the briefing screen where it said it was M9, now it is fixed too.

Campaing look's great, just bought it. Is it new SLAM missile and AG radar available in some missions?

The ground radar is pretty useful in several missions.

There are only one thing, that i dont like in that great campaing is why I fly with fictional (unreal) squadron - VFA 64 "Ravens"?

There are not such kind of squadron in NAVY ever....

It will be way more realistic, if squadron was real.

..:NAVY PILOTS ARE THE THE BEST PILOTS:..

There are only one thing, that i dont like in that great campaing is why I fly with fictional (unreal) squadron - VFA 64 "Ravens"?

You understand that this is from the book Raven One...

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

err... no its fiction ... written by a real pilot, so i'm sure its 'authentic' and maybe the odd mission or event was inspired by real life but... its Fiction...

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

The tempo of the missions and communications/ voice acting are as real as we are going to get for now.

System: Ryzen 5900x, G.Skill 3600 32GB, MSI 4090 suprim liquid X, samsung odyssey+ headset 

You do know the events in the story are not real either, right? There is a reason it's called "fictional." Fake squadrons, characters, or sometimes even names of vessels are used to help protect those of their real counterparts. The only thing that is real are the procedures and even this is sometimes manipulated.

Can't wait to see your reaction when you find out "Top Gun" wasn't real.

Can't wait to see your reaction when you find out "Top Gun" wasn't real.

Wait? Do you mean to say that top gun wasn't a documentary? You have crushed my childhood memories....

Hello all. I don't know if anyone still follows this thread, but I need some assistance so here goes.

I am having an issue on Mission 03 dropping the J-82. I input the coordinates as given, I don't know where or if he gives the elevation, I've re-flown the mission a dozen times, and every single time, the bomb drops a couple of meters outside the compound in the exact same spot.

Getting a little frustrated.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I checked the documentation in the mission folder, but it only gives a glossary of terms. Nowhere is the format of the coordinate information covered.

Hope someone reads and replies to this soon.

Kind Regard

J3tBl4st

Yes, I got the idea, but that book was written inspired by real events, isnt it?

No, it's a novel, a story, entirely fictional and not based on any true events. But the author was a real Hornet pilot and it's an excellent read, very authentic.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD