Wish List

Boneski

It will never become a standalone version: Contractual obligations prohibit it, period.

In all honesty, the £3 price-tag and ability to uninstall LOMAC completely directly after FC3 installation is really no hinderance, but admittedly that's just me :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will never become a standalone version: Contractual obligations prohibit it, period.

In all honesty, the £3 price-tag and ability to uninstall LOMAC completely directly after FC3 installation is really no hinderance, but admittedly that's just me :)

£3? Where from ? And, do I only have to have LOMAC installed, or should I also install FC 1.1 before installing FC3?

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

And its the only reason why I didn't buy FC3. Its too bad they couldn't work around this issue, I would've liked to fly the F-15. :(

i5 4590 @ 3.77GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 1TB HDD+500GB HDD | Win10 Home X64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ubisoft Divertissements Inc.

5505 Boulevard Saint Laurent, Suite 5000

Montreal H2T 1S6, Quebec

Business office:

Ubisoft

625 Third Street

San Francisco - CA 94107

Tel: +1 (415) 547 4000

Fax: +1 (415) 547 4001

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Seriously, go get LOMAC if you want to play/think about playing FC3. Especially with v1.2.4 it´s finally become a really great game of its own. The money will be well spent (imo).

No chance that a company like Ubisoft is ever gonna let loose once they have a foot in the door. Of course I don´t know the details, but I guess it´s just easy money for them since they own the trademark.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

No chance that a company like Ubisoft is ever gonna let loose once they have a foot in the door. Of course I don´t know the details, but I guess it´s just easy money for them since they own the trademark.

Precisely, there is no incentive for Ubi to abandon a revenue stream. I certainly cannot blame them for the decision either.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

And its the only reason why I didn't buy FC3. Its too bad they couldn't work around this issue, I would've liked to fly the F-15. :(

*cough* *cough* well you know there are other ways to gain the ability to install FC3 if you catch my drift

Edited by karambiatos

The only thing im asking for is a new graphics engine. This overaged engine is far from "up-to-date". I know, simulation has special needs regarding graphics and stuff. But DCS really deserves a new dress.

Take a look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jVoNMhH_j3Y#

I guess it is a ressources issue and graphic engines are probably not their forte either.

What I would love in the extreme would be an engine on par with the "Just Cause 2" engine. Their engine is superb, not too taxing for the computer ressource and perfectly fit for a flight simulator. It deals very well with distance changes. I mean your computer doesn't go apeshit whether you are close to the ground or high in the sky and in both cases it is very good looking.

I actualy would love to be able to fly the DCS's helicopters on the "just cause 2"'s map. If only someone could fuse the 2 :bounce:.

The only thing im asking for is a new graphics engine. This overaged engine is far from "up-to-date". I know, simulation has special needs regarding graphics and stuff. But DCS really deserves a new dress.

Take a look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jVoNMhH_j3Y#

I appreciate (and agree with) the desire for a new graphics engine, but that video looks way, way worse than the current DCS World engine IMHO. Not impressed at all.

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

I appreciate (and agree with) the desire for a new graphics engine, but that video looks way, way worse than the current DCS World engine IMHO. Not impressed at all.

well, I also love our DCS but Outerra is way better than the engine in DCS. If you only compare the mountain with the pyramid mountains in DCS:(:music_whistling:...Does anyone know the reason why ED has choosen the EDGE engine? Are there any tech demos around, coz I havent found any...Thanks for some links :)

Cheers

Demon

Edit: Check this video...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xfo3uGPNLd0

Edited by -=Demon=-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Founder of the -=VDS=-

:pilotfly:

Flying a Huey in a Vietnam Campaign using the Outerra-Engine is my wet dream :joystick:

Frosto, your comment hit home with this ole Nam vet. That is why I own the Huey. I have visions of background music of Little Richard singing "Long Tall Sally" and a Huey with a surf board strapped to it with the caption "I LOVE THE SMELL OF NAPALM IN THE MORNING" on it.....;)

All fun stuff aside, I agree with the new (modified) engine but we are talking major undertaking. All types of sims need to start doing a better job of using much more multithreading and putting those loafing multiple CPU cores to work better. The results would be amazing. But we wait for evolution on that one --- a slow process.

In the shorter term, we have some new modules coming. I for one, want to see those (especially the C and E versions of the F-15) perform to specification. No "nerfed down" planes in terms of speed and altitude capability. DCS is just too good to ruin the immersion with performance shortfall. This is an important issue -- even our beloved A-10C which I just cherish, is a little short in that regard, for example.

Anyway, just a couple of comments and suggestions. Thanks to the DCS team and their partners for a great sim which just keeps getting better.

Cheers --- Bob --- :D:D

Edited by apollomaker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sim Box: Asus Maximus, Intel 4790 CPU @ 4.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX-790 + 5GB VRAM, Win7-64, 1 KW supply

There is a ton of engines that are handling this perfectly. However sadly not here. I am expecting alot of EDGE.

From what we can see on the forum about EDGE I'm not very impressed by it. It is a bit better looking than the current engine but not that much and we have no idea how much it is gonna take from our computer's ressources.

They should not try to reinvent the wheel and go the Outerra way. The potential of that thing is astonishing.

They should not try to reinvent the wheel and go the Outerra way. The potential of that thing is astonishing.

Thats exactly my thoughts. Well on the other hand we havent seen outerra with buildings and stuff. Most buildings have 8 to 16 polygons so that should not be an issue. But the immersion of height is extreamly great compared to what we have right now...I love the way you feel the height. In DCS that is almost impossible...especially in the Huey it seems you are going under sea level whilst landing. I push the collective lever always too early, coz I think i am already landed :(:doh:. I am wondering what the outerra license would be. But we can wish as much as we want, as long as it doesnt fit in the company philosophy, we wont get it...I believe it is just as simple as that...

Cheers

Demon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Founder of the -=VDS=-

Check out the lighting engine of outerra. Damn!! Looks awesome.

BTW...Wishlist for EDGE, ED please find out how outerra did trees and low altitude clutter...i.e., grass, stones, rocks, cliffs etc.... it looks photoreal. :)

w_B0TFE3zIQ

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

imagine to fly the huey in that scenery. ive seen an EDGE vid some time ago. Damn that looked oldfashioned already. well DCS and outerra will be a dream. we can just hope that ED is already planing and working on a better cg engine. I wish outerra and DCS would come together...sigh

cheers

Demon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Founder of the -=VDS=-

Yeah! If ED could hire the outerra developer and join forces...damn!! next generation simulator indeed. That would be a true DCS World 2.0

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Wait to EDGE, and STOP to insist on Outterra. ED has your graphic engine plans.

Hey Silver-Dragon,

don't be a grinch...let us, who are not too deep inside ED, dream a bit of how it could be...we dont mean it in an offensive and demanding way...just a lil bit of dreamin :)

Cheers

Demon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Founder of the -=VDS=-