[PLANNED 03 October 2019] Viper coming today in OB?

boedha68

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't care about the whole EA fight atm, what I do care about right now though Newy, Norm, matt etc is this is the second time now we've been promised an Open Beta patch and it not appear especailly when that OB patch is meant to have the bug fixes for things like the Carrier Bug in it :/

I mean you guys put this in the NEWS letter..

DCS World Update

We sincerely apologize for not releasing a new Open Beta update this week, we should be back with one next week. One of the big fixes to be included will be a solution to the aircraft bouncing when taking off from a carrier and landing at an airfield. While you wait, the Grim Reapers found a nice little workaround, check out the video here. Thanks to Cap and his team at GR for their help.

:/ some of us really need that bug fix so that people stop making our server lives hell.

i7 13700k, 64gb DDR5, Warthog HOTAS, HP Reverb G2 VR, win 11, RTX 3070

TGW Dedicated Server Admin, Australian PVE/PVP gameplay. (taskgroupwarrior.info/2020)

don't care about the whole EA fight atm, what I do care about right now though Newy, Norm, matt etc is this is the second time now we've been promised an Open Beta patch and it not appear especailly when that OB patch is meant to have the bug fixes for things like the Carrier Bug in it :/

I mean you guys put this in the NEWS letter..

:/ some of us really need that bug fix so that people stop making our server lives hell.

I get what your saying but they did say last week they were pushing back to allow the Viper to launch at the same time. I have not seen anything that said they promised to release OB patch on any particular week. Things happen and plans have to change. I seem to remember some OB patches being pushed around with the 14 and MiG-19 launches as well.

I get what your saying but they did say last week they were pushing back to allow the Viper to launch at the same time. I have not seen anything that said they promised to release OB patch on any particular week. Things happen and plans have to change. I seem to remember some OB patches being pushed around with the 14 and MiG-19 launches as well.

To be fair, he posted the relevant section where it literally said "we should be back with one next week." in the newsletter.

I guess they decided to hold off that patch until the Viper because it's so close and want to work on the same branch to avoid introducing more bugs when it comes out. Still, it's a legit point.

Or you are paying (completely) today for what you might have tomorrow. (The Hawk was cancelled while still in EA. The Viggen has been in EA for almost 3 years.) The problem with the current EA model is that the company has no financial incentive to continue development at a reasonable pace if most of the money customers are going to spend on a module is collected up front. That's especially true if the unfinished parts are technically more challenging, and thus more expensive, to finish, which seems to be the norm. While I've been pretty happy with the pace of development of the Hornet so far, I will not be surprised if development slows and the release of some promised features is delayed indefinitely. I'm not blaming the engineers, but financial incentives matter, and the developers are deluding themselves if they think they are somehow exempt from that reality.

Precisely. My reason for no longer supporting early access is I see myself reducing incentive for rapid progress if I keep sending my money to partially completed modules.. the more people buy early access the more incentive they will have to create more early access products where most likely a large portion of funds come from. If nobody holds developers accountable then the problem only gets worse for the customer. I originally bought in to early access for many products I was not very interested in to “support the developer” but I can see I was probably hurting my chances of seeing TWS in a hornet within 2 years of release to EA. Don’t get me wrong.. I love DCS and am extremely impressed with what has been accomplished. But by my standards it’s unacceptable that I cannot engage multiple targets in a hornet 16 months after release. As a long time paying customer and supporter I have no problem voicing my opinion and concerns and hope that people do not always roll over and give developers a pass. Of course I want ED and DCS to succeed and prosper, but in the end I am a customer paying for

a product and I am concerned with the direction some things have turned.

At the real risk of being accused of fanboyism. There are so many great things we’ve got from this sim and the modules that come with it. Why the hell can’t people enjoy and celebrate what they have rather than bitch and whine about what they don’t?!

( I can hear the gas torches lighting up as I type!)

We should consider ourselves beta testers by choice and prior knowledge otherwise we wait for the modules to be finished. Simple choices here guys! Pre order. fly the EA or wait.

Thanks for a great sim ED! Love your work.

Salute

Edited by Kaos

| FC3 | KA-50 | A-10C | MIG-21Bis | F-86F | UH-1H | HAWK T.1A | F/A-18C | AV-8B N\A | F-14B | F-16C | AJS-37 | CA | NEVADA | PERSIAN GULF | SUPER CARRIER | SYRIA

Or you are paying (completely) today for what you might have tomorrow. (The Hawk was cancelled while still in EA. The Viggen has been in EA for almost 3 years.) The problem with the current EA model is that the company has no financial incentive to continue development at a reasonable pace if most of the money customers are going to spend on a module is collected up front. That's especially true if the unfinished parts are technically more challenging, and thus more expensive, to finish, which seems to be the norm. While I've been pretty happy with the pace of development of the Hornet so far, I will not be surprised if development slows and the release of some promised features is delayed indefinitely. I'm not blaming the engineers, but financial incentives matter, and the developers are deluding themselves if they think they are somehow exempt from that reality.

You are making a mixed mess of Eagle Dynamics and 3rd party modules, just saying :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Simming since 2005

My Rig: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming, AMD Ryzen7 2700X, G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200, EVGA RTX 2070 Super Black Gaming, Corsair HX850

Precisely. My reason for no longer supporting early access is I see myself reducing incentive for rapid progress if I keep sending my money to partially completed modules.. the more people buy early access the more incentive they will have to create more early access products where most likely a large portion of funds come from. If nobody holds developers accountable then the problem only gets worse for the customer. I originally bought in to early access for many products I was not very interested in to “support the developer” but I can see I was probably hurting my chances of seeing TWS in a hornet within 2 years of release to EA. Don’t get me wrong.. I love DCS and am extremely impressed with what has been accomplished. But by my standards it’s unacceptable that I cannot engage multiple targets in a hornet 16 months after release. As a long time paying customer and supporter I have no problem voicing my opinion and concerns and hope that people do not always roll over and give developers a pass. Of course I want ED and DCS to succeed and prosper, but in the end I am a customer paying for

a product and I am concerned with the direction some things have turned.

+1

For those of you who have pre-ordered thank you for supporting us, we do appreciate it.

If you have not pre-ordered but want to wait, we understand, when you are ready we will still be here and hope you will eventually enjoy it someday.

I wanted to pre-order but I'm sitting on a big pile of bonus points that I want to make some use of before they're gone, so I have to wait for its release to purchase it. That won't be a problem with the ED Miles system anymore :)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I don't buy promises, I buy modules in EA because I am happy with their state at that moment I will fly them at that state for many hours having fun.

If you are not happy with how fast development goes you failed as customer to check what and where are you buying.

Better an egg today than a hen tomorrow.

• ED Team
I don't think that tells us much about what will be available at launch or when we can expect the rest. ("As much as possible" is pretty vague.)

Furthermore, it misses the point that none of this information is on the product information pages where you actually sell the product. For example, the product information "Details" page for the Viper advertises that the module will have "Dozens of air-to-air and air-to-ground weapons and sensors. From simple rockets to high-tech GPS and laser-guided bombs, experience what only F-16C pilots have experienced ‘til now." But it's clear from Wags' thread that many of those advertised capabilities will not be there until sometime during phase II at some unspecified future date.

You could be more transparent and forthcoming on the sales site. Your customers have a right to know that they are licensing an unfinished product, and they shouldn't have to browse these forums to find out. Disclosure of EA status should be prominent on every product information page that describes features or products still in development.

Hi

You do understand early access will be the start of a development phase in the public builds, just like with the hornet.

I was being vague about what will be ready at launch as we do not know for sure yet, we will know closer to the date we release to the public.

Once released and if you have purchased you will get to be part of the journey as the Viper progresses to completion.

We hope you will enjoy it.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Yeah but if you read that quote that means no updates or bug fixes until the viper actually releases. Which does make some sense from the developer standpoint (keep everything stable), but is also kinda lame from a customer standpoint, especially for guys who didn't buy the viper. (I did buy it, but I want other stuff fixed/added).

100% agree

We are now being hostage of the Viper...nice...:mad:

• ED Team

it is unfortunate but this is how our updates work.

Builds have to be made internally and tested, sometimes builds can take longer to test, in this case merging the viper is important and needs to be done right.

thanks for understanding

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

OB

I will not buy the F-16 for now. But thats mostly since it cant be landed on an carrier and Im busy getting somewhere close to mastering the Tomcat and Hornet.

Im more waiting for new maps and the Supercarrier and maybe a A-6/A-7/F-4...

About the updates not being released until F-16 release, I actually dont care, since except for a few crashes in the first week flying the Tomcat, I had no problems with OB at all. Except maybe for a strange problem (ocurred twice in the last weeks), where after starting a mission/flight no controls did respond (joystick; keyboard...) Only Ctrl-Alt-Del brought me the the task-Manager, but on exiting it, all was good again..

But once I get bored with all those naval aircraft, the F-16 seems like an interesting option. And waiting for some special discount like Christmas etc its probably going to be cheaper than the current preorder-price too....

• ED Team
I will not buy the F-16 for now. But thats mostly since it cant be landed on an carrier and Im busy getting somewhere close to mastering the Tomcat and Hornet.

Im more waiting for new maps and the Supercarrier and maybe a A-6/A-7/F-4...

About the updates not being released until F-16 release, I actually dont care, since except for a few crashes in the first week flying the Tomcat, I had no problems with OB at all. Except maybe for a strange problem (ocurred twice in the last weeks), where after starting a mission/flight no controls did respond (joystick; keyboard...) Only Ctrl-Alt-Del brought me the the task-Manager, but on exiting it, all was good again..

But once I get bored with all those naval aircraft, the F-16 seems like an interesting option. And waiting for some special discount like Christmas etc its probably going to be cheaper than the current preorder-price too....

We hope you do take a look at the F-16 when you are ready. Thanks for your support.

I'm not buying any new modules until they finish things I've already purchased - namely F18. I recommend everyone do the same! The trend at ED towards the 'money grab' is getting worse and worse. 20 half-finished projects are ZERO FINISHED PROJECTS!

gotta agree with this guy, but I already preordered the f-16 hahaha chill man

At the real risk of being accused of fanboyism. There are so many great things we’ve got from this sim and the modules that come with it. Why the hell can’t people enjoy and celebrate what they have rather than bitch and whine about what they don’t?!

( I can hear the gas torches lighting up as I type!)

We should consider ourselves beta testers by choice and prior knowledge otherwise we wait for the modules to be finished. Simple choices here guys! Pre order. fly the EA or wait.

Thanks for a great sim ED! Love your work.

Salute

I say something similar to this often on these forums. Those that have been around should realize that we have come a looong way in what we have gotten over the years. This sim has nothing to compare out there right now and there is so much to enjoy already. Be grateful for what we have, because I don't see anything else out there coming to match this level of play and what is projected to come!

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

"I don't buy promises, I buy modules in EA because I am happy with their state at that moment I will fly them at that state for many hours having fun.

If you are not happy with how fast development goes you failed as customer to check what and where are you buying.

Better an egg today than a hen tomorrow."

I can't put it any better.

THANK YOU ED for what you do, from someone who remembers the excitement of loading Flight Simulator into a Commodore 64 via a floppy disk. We would have thought we'd died & gone to heaven had we known that something like DCS was in our future! It constantly amazes me, the complexity must be staggering.

Sad though that the extraordinary quickly becomes taken for granted - there's always someone wanting more, sooner...

Again, to ED, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU, what you do is amazing and is (I'm sure) greatly appreciated by the silent majority.

I have pre-ordered, and will continue to do so.

I usually end up better when I keep my opinions in ziplip mode:music_whistling:

but... hot damn, just about everyone registered on these forums has already spoken and there's probably not that much I can add, let's see... Viper! hmm, excellent and capable platform and most of us have been around it in one way or another for a long time:smilewink: so... my expectations for this bird are very high and sooner or later I'll probably buy it.

Currently, naval air ops is my thing. Hornets are the ones I'm focusing on. I wouldn't snicker at a Rhino though...

As a footnote: It's too bad there's so little competition out there in the flight sim world, especially combat flight sim world to give ED a run for their money and perhaps expand a little...

These damn kids today... not too many want to be fighter pilots:noexpression:

All right! grumpy old man out!

I love how you made this announcement as if anyone asked. Also, by my count, the only incomplete modules from ED are the F/A-18C LOT 20 and the Yak-52.

Yes, and the current ED F18 is by far the best Hornet simulation ever released on computer platform.

I would have sold my granny for a simulation like this back in 1999 when I used to play Jane's F15 and F18 or going back further, F18 Interceptor on the Amiga. :)

I think we all need to take stock of where we have come from and marvel in the level of sophistication that these addons provide. Thats not even mentioning the DCS 'world' aspect. I understand that we don't have all the functions just yet, but ED have been adding things on a regular basis and what we do have is rather fantastic in my opinion.

Edited by Canada_Moose

Yes, and the current ED F18 is by far the best Hornet simulation ever released on computer platform.

I would have sold my granny for a simulation like this back in 1999 when I used to play Jane's F15 and F18 or going back further, F18 Interceptor on the Amiga. :)

I think we all need to take stock of where we have come from and marvel in the level of sophistication that these addons provide. Thats not even mentioning the DCS 'world' aspect. I understand that we don't have all the functions just yet, but ED have been adding things on a regular basis and what we do have is rather fantastic in my opinion.

+1

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

:pilotfly: :joystick: