Has the JHMCS blanking gap been fixed?

Manuel_108

Haven't flown the Hornet for months but just noticed in the new F-16 video the HMCS is blanking correctly in the cockpit whereas the JHMCS in the Hornet doesn't blank when looking straight ahead and slightly down.

This bug has been in since last summer so I want to ask, seeing that the F-16 doesn't do this, has this been fixed?

I think it has been fixed. It's when you are looking slightly below HUD level, but already in cockpit, the HMD symbology used to show. It does not anymore.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

The most annoying thing that really is with that HMS is that it goes blank when you look anywhere else outside the HUD. Like you can't aim a target if it is just edge of the HUD or just outside of the HUD.

That is why you have the RECCE button so you can turn it On/Off when needed.

The similar huge blind spot area seemed to be in the F-16C now as well.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

The most annoying thing that really is with that HMS is that it goes blank when you look anywhere else outside the HUD. Like you can't aim a target if it is just edge of the HUD or just outside of the HUD.

That is why you have the RECCE button so you can turn it On/Off when needed.

The similar huge blind spot area seemed to be in the F-16C now as well.

The F-16 should allow you to use radar boresight mode and allow aiming with the HMD, while only showing the cross moving on the HUD. but in wags video it did not do so. Also there should be an option in the DED subpage for the HMD to turn off and on blanking when looking at the hud and/or pit. so hopefully that allows locking things up with the hmd in the viper

Does this issue persist if you turn off the blink function? I fly with the JHMCS always on, blink unboxed and I haven't seen this issue

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Supercarrier

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

Alright, thanks for the feedback guys!

Does this issue persist if you turn off the blink function? I fly with the JHMCS always on, blink unboxed and I haven't seen this issue

I think the bug specifically affects the blank option.

Edited by Manuel_108

Wags indicated in one of the YouTube Video comment section that the Hornet is going to get some love next week. Just an FYI...

Just next week? I very much hope it's more sustained than that! ;-)

They need to complete the Hornet with pace now to show they can complete complex modules.

What's blink function & how do you turn it off?

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

Guys this bug is fixed since two month check your version!

Modules: Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Normandie, FC3, CA, Super Carrier, A-10C, A-10C II, F/A-18C, F-16 C, F-14 B, SA342, and WWII stuff.

Hardware: I7 8700K, Geforce GTX 1080Ti 11Go OC, 32Gb RAM, screen resolution 2K

Devices: Hotas Warthog, Cougar MFDs, Saitek rudder pedals, Track IR

My squadron: http://jtff.fr/SITE/

• 6 months later...

I think I'm in the right thread here... Just playing a bit with the Viper today and the HMD and noticing that, when I look at the HUD, ALL HMD symbology disappears and it looks great and feels natural. However, in the Hornet, when I look at the HUD while using the HMD, it still shows some HMD symbology (that never goes away) and sometimes there's the double-vision of HMD symbology overlaid against HUD symbology. Is this a DCS Hornet bug or in the real Hornet, does some of the HMD sym. stick around even when looking through the HUD? ** I'll post a screenshot later. **

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

• 10 months later...
On 5/3/2020 at 3:09 AM, wilbur81 said:

I think I'm in the right thread here... Just playing a bit with the Viper today and the HMD and noticing that, when I look at the HUD, ALL HMD symbology disappears and it looks great and feels natural. However, in the Hornet, when I look at the HUD while using the HMD, it still shows some HMD symbology (that never goes away) and sometimes there's the double-vision of HMD symbology overlaid against HUD symbology. Is this a DCS Hornet bug or in the real Hornet, does some of the HMD sym. stick around even when looking through the HUD? ** I'll post a screenshot later. **

You mean this?

cvbcvbvbvbbbb.PNG

The doubled target designation box is maddening in dogfights. Is this a bug or is it really supposed to work this way?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

Maddening indeed. I can't use the HMD in a dogfight once the bandit is off my nose/within the HUD field of view for a guns kill.

Edited by wilbur81
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Kempleja said:

You can turn the HMD blanking over HUD on an off on HMD DDI page. I think that the "recce event" button on stick also blanks HMD, no matter where you are looking.

That's the problem: With blanking 'on', there are still double images. Note in Dorian's picture above, the data that he's seeing double of is minimal...pretty sure blanking is 'on' for him, but you still get the double TDC. In his picture, the HMD altitude/airspeed, etc. have blanked out because he's looking at the HUD, but he still sees the TDC.

Edited by wilbur81