F-16 MFD Readability

USA_Recon

I messed with some of the files and removed the LCD effect and that seemed to make the MFDs much brighter and more readable. The first two pictures are from the default reclined flying position and all pictures are with the sun in front of the jet.

It does make the white outline around the screen flicker a bit and the EHIS is a little harder to read but hopefully this helps some people until ED fix them.

Well, that makes a HUGE difference for the better!

Thank you very much indeed!

Remains for me a mistery why on this earth ED did not do it themselves

in the first place....

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

Well, that makes a HUGE difference for the better!

Thank you very much indeed!

Remains for me a mistery why on this earth ED did not do it themselves

in the first place....

It is indeed a mistery to have things as obvious as this gloss over even after wide spread complain.

I know ED has taken notice of this Viper MFD thing and plan to implement contrast/brightness functionality later but a temporary fix like this should suffice while we wait for the big one.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Its kinda ridiculous ED puts this issue on wishlist. Its a bug because it hinders normal gameplay.

Big thanks for the mod by the way!

By the way great work by ED. It pleases me the viper slowly matures. Big progress made compared to the bare bones EA state. Dcs is now my main flight sim thanks to the viper in vr and its high realism.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N960F met Tapatalk

Edited by Buddyspike69

• 3 weeks later...
I messed with some of the files and removed the LCD effect and that seemed to make the MFDs much brighter and more readable. The first two pictures are from the default reclined flying position and all pictures are with the sun in front of the jet.

It does make the white outline around the screen flicker a bit and the EHIS is a little harder to read but hopefully this helps some people until ED fix them.

Awesome! Its ok for MP?

MFCDs looks too grainy, very eye straining to read.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/567003222695215127/671903635810287646/unknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/567003222695215127/671903635810287646/unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

The mcfds seems to have a sort of filter that makes the screens looks pixelated, most of the time its hard to read your HSD page because of this. I don't know if this is an intended feature, if it is, is there any plans to add an option to remove this filter?

Edited by mehksauce

You happen to have in settings set a value for screens 512 instead 1024? As that is affecting for mirrors, HUD and MFCD's in the aircraft.

But those real MFCD's ain't high resolution to begin with even. And I believe there is a own shader effect for those graphics instead just clean and plain resolution with pixels visible, that is causing blurring etc.

But then again if you have VR etc, you get problems with these visual effects on displays.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

You happen to have in settings set a value for screens 512 instead 1024? As that is affecting for mirrors, HUD and MFCD's in the aircraft.

But those real MFCD's ain't high resolution to begin with even. And I believe there is a own shader effect for those graphics instead just clean and plain resolution with pixels visible, that is causing blurring etc.

But then again if you have VR etc, you get problems with these visual effects on displays.

i've tried both 512 and 1024 and no difference. And im not a vr user, i use trackIR.. its the only module plane that i own that gives me this issue.

Thanks!!

2020-01-27-00-31.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Hi all

Contrast and brightness will be tweaked and added, it should make things easier for some once this can be adjusted.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

And where are the MFD colors?

Are color MFDs in Falcon4 BMS a cheat implementation? Do the real F-16 Vipers have color MFD displays. My guess is that YES they do have color displays.

And having vivid color MFD displays in the DCS F-16 would probably solve some readability issues.

...just a thought and a wish for improvement!

Everest...Out!

MOBO/MSI X570-A PRO/PCIe 4. CPU/AMD RYZEN 9 3900X (12 CORE), RAM/DDR4-32 GB (3200MHZ with XMP activated on the MOBO), GPU/EVGA-RTX 3080Ti, HMD/PIMAX Crystal, HOTAS/Thrustmaster Cougar

• ED Team
And where are the MFD colors?

Are color MFDs in Falcon4 BMS a cheat implementation? Do the real F-16 Vipers have color MFD displays. My guess is that YES they do have color displays.

And having vivid color MFD displays in the DCS F-16 would probably solve some readability issues.

...just a thought and a wish for improvement!

Everest...Out!

The colours are correct for a USAF/ANG 2007 jet, other products are probably using a different version or year.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

The colours are correct for a USAF/ANG 2007 jet, other products are probably using a different version or year.

Please say this is a priority. Ive completely given up with this sim until its fixed.

GTX 1080ti FTW3, Intel I7 9700k 5.0Ghz Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7 Z370, Rift S

Please say this is a priority. Ive completely given up with this sim until its fixed.

Until what is fixed??? The colours are correct for the model of aircraft that is being modelled?

Or do you mean the readability?

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.