OH-58D Announcement

By far the best good news I've heard over many years on DCS Forum :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: ; really appreciate this.

Well, after staying away from purchasing early access products consequently for a couple of years (the DCS Hornet was my last aircraft module I've bought in EA), Polychop's Kiowa would be my next day one instant purchase - no doubt !!!

Really hope an wish you are able to fulfill all your promises.

Merry Christmas "und guten Rutsch ins neue Jahr 2020 ", for you and the whole team of development,

and may the Force Of Inspiration always be with you wink.gif

Edited by NevSmith

Are there plans for the civilian Jet Ranger? Or a variant that could be shoehorned into that role? The Jet Ranger - as Sky 11 for WHAS-TV in Louisville, Kentucky - was one of the first aircraft I ever got to ride on.

Windows 10 64-bit | Ryzen 9 3900X 4.00GHz (OC) | Asus Strix B450-F | 64GB Corsair Vengeance @ 3000MHz | two Asus GeForce 1070 Founders Edition (second card used for CUDA only) | two Silicon Power 1TB NVMe in RAID-0 | Samsung 32" 1440p Monitor | two ASUS 23" 1080p monitors | ASUS Mixed Reality VR | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind

A-10C Warthog | AV-8B Harrier (N/A) | F/A-18C Hornet | F-16C Viper | F-14B Tomcat | UH-1H Huey | P-51D Mustang | F-86F Saber | Persian Gulf | NTTR

nice words..

nice new promises ..

What remains is this unpleasant aftertaste of the still unresolved FM disaster

and that smells too harsh for me personally

First module and sh.. happens, hard lessons learned at this level ED / belsimtek set. Not sure who is coding this FM up? Hopefully if this does well for them and the FM's good, he can go back over the gazelle later and do some tweaking here and there.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Great! Loved the Gazelle, loved the campaign and working on it with Nicolas - hope he'll be giving us something special for the Kiowa (I would love to fly Dixmude with the Kiowa - there's a thought!) :thumbup:

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Not even a rotor head, and this is awesome news!

Gonna ask this though, have you looked into the MH-60 Little Bird variant that SOF and SOAR units use for forces like the Rangers and Delta?? More out of curiosity!

Thanks for your work on this module.

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

Congrats on finalizing your cotracts, I'll be watching this one for sure.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

I just got the email notification and we're already on page 4!

Polychop, this is a day one purchase with me. I'm a dedicated Hornet sim pilot but I fly the Huey any chance I get. I'd gladly switch to the Kiowa! (Maybe fly both!). I have the Gazelle but can't fly it to save my life.

Doesn't matter. I bought it anyway. When the Kiowa hits, I'll buy that, too!

GO POLYCHOP!!!!

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

I just got the email notification and we're already on page 4!

Polychop, this is a day one purchase with me. I'm a dedicated Hornet sim pilot but I fly the Huey any chance I get. I'd gladly switch to the Kiowa! (Maybe fly both!). I have the Gazelle but can't fly it to save my life.

Doesn't matter. I bought it anyway. When the Kiowa hits, I'll buy that, too!

GO POLYCHOP!!!!

I don't understand why people can't fly the Gazelle it is one of the easiest Helis to fly. A lot easier to fly than the Huey. Are you guys not turning the trim system on?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Day one buy, looking forward to this module.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Not even a rotor head, and this is awesome news!

Gonna ask this though, have you looked into the MH-60 Little Bird variant that SOF and SOAR units use for forces like the Rangers and Delta?? More out of curiosity!

Thanks for your work on this module.

Isn’t that the one that would get the attention of the US military, and not the good kind?

awesome news! good luck with this bird polychop! day 1 purchase for me. thank you very much!

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

Excuse me... but i think you should think first about "making sure Gazelle flight model is right this time", and then, come to try and sell us your new product, as for me, i will just wait for the FIX of the gazelle flight model before opening my wallet (again). Thank you.

+1

This is fantastic news! Thank you Polychop for the hard work up to this point! Please take my money ASAP!

I love the Gazelle BTW... It may need some work, but it's still fun as hell to fly.

i9-13900K@5.8Ghz, RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Aorus Elite AX MB, 64GB DDR5 6000, 2x2TB M.2 980pro SSDs, Win11 64 P, TM Warthog, T-IR 2D @ 4K, Quest Pro VR.

I just love helicopters and this one looks really good. Will this also have multicrew? Would love to have one person focused on flying while other can control the sensors.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 III ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - LOW EXPERIENCE - ABANDONED