Eagerly awaited aircraft for DCS World

phant

Maybe the game changing part would be the 2nd best fighter in the United States Air Force being able to be simulated in detail for the first time? If they weren't able to do it before, being able to do it now would certainly be game changing.

We already have a F-16 in DCS...

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

We have the Su-27S - the Su-27P is air-to-air only and does not have any air-to-ground capability(unguided rockets/dumb bombs).

Just the Su-27SM

Thanks for the clarification. I always get the S and the P mixed up.

Edited by MiG21bisFishbedL

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

I think, F-16, F-18, F-14, AV-8, A-10 should do just fine, some more focus on other side of the coin plz.

Indeed, all other would be mindboring breathlessness :yawn:

Edited by Ganesh

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

+ Vulkan & continuous work on multithread & VR optimization!

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL

You don't think the F-22 and F-15 are above the F-16 in performance when it comes to air to air combat?

F-22 is unproven experiment (to another unproven F-35), Where F-15 is their best proven fighter, and F-16 second best.

Thanks for the clarification. I always get the S and the P mixed up.

You are welcome :) .

In Soviet times, the Su-27S was assigned to the regular airforce(VVS), while the Su-27P was operated by the air defence forces(PVO).

Unfortunately my Russian is very limited, so we might need a native Russian-speaker to confirm, but AFAIK the "S" designation stands for "improved/enhanced", while "P" is for "interceptor".

I’m sure that’s S in comparison to the ogival winged T-10 prototypes, same reason it’s Flanker-B I always assumed

Yes I believe thats the case - IIRC Sukhoi designated the improved design(the one that entered service) the T-10S.

But the "S" designation has also been assigned to other aircraft(like "MiG-29S") and usually denotes a moderately updated/improved variant as opposed to "M" for something more radical.

Friday 13th

F-22 is unproven experiment (to another unproven F-35), Where F-15 is their best proven fighter, and F-16 second best.

Happy Fri 13 mate.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

You are welcome :) .

In Soviet times, the Su-27S was assigned to the regular airforce(VVS), while the Su-27P was operated by the air defence forces(PVO).

Unfortunately my Russian is very limited, so we might need a native Russian-speaker to confirm, but AFAIK the "S" designation stands for "improved/enhanced", while "P" is for "interceptor".

IIRC S mean "seriynyi" (серийный) or serial, meaning final version meant for manufacture.

I also remember reading somewhere that there is no such thing as Su-27S at least in official documentation. It's either just Su-27 or T-10-something. Unfortunately I cannot provide a source on that...

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ!

Gib full-fi Su-27 or MiG-29 plz!

AMD R7 3700X|32GB DDR4 RAM|Gigabyte RTX2070S Gaming OC|2TB NVMe SDD + 1TB SSD + 2TBB + 1TB HDD|Dell P3421W|Windows 10 Pro x64

TM Warthog|MFG Crosswind|Samsung Odyssey+|TrackIR 5

Modules: Mirage F1|Mi-24P|JF-17|F/A-18C|F-14A/B|F-5E|M-2000C|MiG-21bis|L-39|Yak-52|FC3|Supercarrier || Terrains: Persian Gulf|NTTR|Normandy|Syria

IIRC S mean "seriynyi" (серийный) or serial, meaning final version meant for manufacture.

Well I could be wrong, but I don't think so :) . I think thats just an assumption based on the specific situation regarding the development of the Su-27. As mentioned above, there are other examples of the "S" suffix being used to denote a refinement/update to aircraft already in serial production.

I also remember reading somewhere that there is no such thing as Su-27S at least in official documentation. It's either just Su-27 or T-10-something. Unfortunately I cannot provide a source on that...

Look here: http://www.knaapo.ru/about/history/aviamuseum/aviamuseum-2/

Its a page on the Knaapo website listing aircraft types previously produced by the plant - as you can see they refer to the Su-27 production as "Су-27С/П, 1982"

So I think its more a case of the "S" and "P" suffixes just not being used much although there clearly is a difference between the two sub-variants.

Happy Fri 13 mate.

This :D

( good timing when it was posted btw heh)

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Not only DCS.

British jets seem to be missing out in DCS.... BAC Lightning, Canberra B2, Jet Provost and Buccaneer to name but a few...?

Seems these are missing from my brain as well. First time I see these names.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Is there any timetable when is this new mysterious aircraft to be announced?

Spring 2020?

Winter 2020?

When it is ready?

Happy Fri 13 mate.

LOL, thanks (by late)!

Didn't get it first as didn't connect the dots. :-)

Imo the announced plane is going to be the F-15C. They already have the 3D model so that cuts EA release time, and an F-15C would sell like candy. I wish it was a Su-27 or MiG-29 but those are highly unlikely, and given that ED appears to be looking for profits (to stay afloat and work on the base game, so it makes sense), a russian plane would be more unlikely than an US one. Leaving issues with the russian government aside, ofc

Main: MiG-21bis, because pocket rockets are fun

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Spring 2020?

Winter 2020?

When it is ready?

ED said "later this year".

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

This

Spring 2020?

Winter 2020?

When it is ready?

This is going to see daylight when ED has got breathing space.

Source - YT comment to DCS WORLD | 2020 AND BEYOND

The next big announcement is huge, but we are very laser-focused on what we have to finish right now, when we get some more breathing room, you will hear what is coming :) -NineLine/Norm

The next big announcement is huge, but we are very laser-focused on what we have to finish right now, when we get some more breathing room, you will hear what is coming -NineLine/Norm

This goes together with their plan to finish the F/A-18 and F-16 this year which means the that the Eagerly awaited aircraft is supposed to be something modern and western.