Hornet last OB update

hanab

According to last OB update :

-Updated Flight Manual CN

-AIM-120 Rapid fire crash - fixed.

No news about new tgp functions ?

Obviously not

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

While I am just as interested in seeing some of the upcoming features of the Hornet brought to life as the next guy, I am now, more than ever, interested in knowing whether or not one can taxi over to Cat 3 or 4 and hook up and launch without getting thrown into the air! I'd like to know if just getting hooked up on Cat 1 & 2 still requires some kind of secret hand shake between the "U" key and the comms menu. I'm at work at the moment and it's killing me!! :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am almost convinced that the team that works with the Hornet/Viper, is 100% working with the supercarriers project, or something else that keeps them busy for a long time.

PC: i7-13700K - MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X Trio - 32GB DDR5 6200 - VPC MongoosT-50CM3 - VKB GF pro - MFG Crosswind - Msi MPG321UR-QD + Acer XB271HU - TrackIR5 - Rift S

Lol. New position ok. Not new tgp functions (as WP slaving)

That's already available since 2.5 weeks.

That is not sometning new. Was available with the previous patch.

Yeah. Thanks for advise. Found it out almost by accident. I'm not that up to date :doh:

Yeah. Thanks for advise. Found it out almost by accident. I'm not that up to date :doh:

There isnt much to keep up to date on currently...

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Supercarrier

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

I am almost convinced that the team that works with the Hornet/Viper, is 100% working with the supercarriers project, or something else that keeps them busy for a long time.

Perhaps you’right.

First, ED said that viper Don’t affect hornet. After, they Said that it is the same team.

Now it is the same team for 3 projects ? I Don’t know.

COO said on reddit that ED will Share more news perhaps it is the right Time to act as they said ?

Something does indeed seem fishy as there weren't even any changes to the radar modes whatsoever or the flight model, which shouldnt be affected by core DCS. I mean, core DCS development shouldn't affect aircraft development, should it?

• ED Team

As mentioned last week, when we have news we will post it.

Work is ongoing for the viper and hornet, the focus for this patch was getting 2.5.6 stability sorted before adding new features.

Plan is still to have the hornet feature complete in 2020, and you will have to be patient.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

It's now beyond frustrating there's no Hornet additions. It's clear that the 'so called' modern jet team' is working either on 'Warthog 2' for a USAF contract..... or is committed to other projects.

It's beyond frustrating that 7 months after the TGP release, zero features have been added to it's functionality. Let alone other items mentioned.

It's beyond frustrating that there's no communication regarding a clear road map for Hornet plans. No mini-updates for ages. Please be patient...

Quite how this is supposed to be feature complete this year is anyone's guess.

Still no HUD indicator (crosshair) for the TGP. It´s nearly awkward!

Likely comes with the A-G radar feature.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

It's now beyond frustrating there's no Hornet additions. It's clear that the 'so called' modern jet team' is working either on 'Warthog 2' for a USAF contract..... or is committed to other projects.

It's beyond frustrating that 7 months after the TGP release, zero features have been added to it's functionality. Let alone other items mentioned.

It's beyond frustrating that there's no communication regarding a clear road map for Hornet plans. No mini-updates for ages. Please be patient...

Totaly agree with that

So with all the problems with 2.5.6 will the Super Carrier still be released by the end of the 1st quarter?

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Yeah unfortunately I have to agree.

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

Plan is still to have the hornet feature complete in 2020, and you will have to be patient.

thanks

We are patient, but I think ED should complete one thing before starting more and more new projects to make fast profit instead of satisfying long-time customers.

Thats my personal point of view. The conclusion to me is that I will not buy any further early access products before the hornet is finished, because as allready told in the past by ED moderators, early access is not a good thing for everyone, so it's includes me because I'm feeling frustrated now.

However, the DCS Hornet is a great product and you did a good job from the technical site, and that is why I am frustrated! I will have more! ;-) I guess it's more the "ED Internal management politic" and I'm sure not everyone from ED is approving this kind of politic.

My fear is that ED will get the invoice from the users but I will have good product from ED even in the next 10 years! And I don't want that ED will go bankrupt beacuse of bad management decitions!

So please don't continue on this path!

Edited by Topper81

+10000

Unfortunately i'm started to regret for buying Hornet. It is the best module and experince i ever had but these delays and releasing new EA products without finishing Hornet make me to stay away from buying new products. Still waiting for new weapons, still waiting for A/G radar, ATFLIR, Navflir, A/G HMD, TGP upgrades..

There's no pleasing some people. I mean we got an updated flight manual (CN) after all!

Well worth the wait in my opinion (insert smily face here).

Intel i7 8700K @ 5Ghz, Aorus Z370 Gaming5, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3000MHz, Nvidia 3080Ti FE, Samsung 970 NVME, Samsung 512GB EVO SSD x 2, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2, Windows 11 x64, DCS Modules = FC3, A10c Warthog, F14 Tomcat, F18 Hornet, F16 Viper, Persian Gulf, Syria.