DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

We won't see a stable update until 2.5.6 gets sorted out.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

We won't see a stable update until 2.5.6 gets sorted out.

I apprecaite there's probably preblems, development & testing to iron out...but would be nice if they'd give an estimated release date...

After all...there'll be preblems, development & testing to iron out on the Supercarrier release...but ED have given an estimated release date of late May, there'll be preblems, development & testing to iron out on the F/A18 Hornets functionality - especially complex new systems like the AG radar and the ECM pod release...but ED have given an estimated release date of December.

I know the Stable version of DCS is a bit of a "cinderella" (I mean only TWICE as many people use it as Open Beta) but SOME communication would be nice...

Given the reams and reams of Communications, Video's, newsletters, feedback from the Senior Management Team at ED, forum feedback from the Community reps here etc etc devoted to news for the Open Beta version...

Surely just a tiny, tiny fraction of the communications devoted to the Open Beta version could be spared for what is, in actuality the overwhelming majority of their customers...

Airbag_signatur.png

I apprecaite there's probably preblems, development & testing to iron out...but would be nice if they'd give an estimated release date...

After all...there'll be preblems, development & testing to iron out on the Supercarrier release...but ED have given an estimated release date of late May, there'll be preblems, development & testing to iron out on the F/A18 Hornets functionality - especially complex new systems like the AG radar and the ECM pod release...but ED have given an estimated release date of December.

As I understand it the Hornet will still get incremental upgrades (like it always has), but the plan is to get everything on their planned list by December.

We should see some features come out earlier, but all planned for December should be done by December.

I know the Stable version of DCS is a bit of a "cinderella" (I mean only TWICE as many people use it as Open Beta) but SOME communication would be nice...

The thing is, until they can get OB fixed, they really can't tell, it's only when the OB is running as it should be when they can give realistic estimates for stable updates.

But they have been communicating, BIGNEWY at least has done it a lot - they simply don't know until OB gets sorted out.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

The thing is, until they can get OB fixed, they really can't tell, it's only when the OB is running as it should be when they can give realistic estimates for stable updates.

I don't understand how they can confidently give estimates for barnd new product development (Supercarrier, F/A18C, P47 etc) but they can't give an estimate for things that have already been developed, tested in closed beta and are currently with a portion of the userbase in openbeta...

What's the difference?

But they have been communicating, BIGNEWY at least has done it a lost

Witht he greatest of respect to BIGNEWY who has admittedly a thankless task...he's done nothing...there has been no communication about updates, new product releases, new functionality, when modules will be available, when the F/A18 will move out of Early Access for the vast majority of the userbase (IE: those on stable) AT ALL...nothing, not one word, hint or suggestion...

Now, imagine if the Open Beta crowd (a minority lets remember) who get upset if the Supercarrier OB is pushed back a few weeks or a D/L Hotfix for the Viper isn't added immediately...got THAT level of support and comm's...there'd be blood on the forums!

Airbag_signatur.png

• ED Team

Merged threads.

jasonbirder I don't know what else I can say to you.

We have made it very clear in our posts how the update process works.

we have also explained the problems we had with 2.5.6 and why we were not happy to update the stable version until the issues are resolved.

I can tell you now if we had updated the stable version with the issues we have been seeing in open beta it would have been far worse for everyone.

You need to accept that our open beta is the public test build, it is used for finding problems before they get to the stable version, if we find problems it will delay any stable update.

On top of that we also had the covid situation and many are working from home which has slowed things down.

As soon as we have news about the next patch for open beta we will share it, if that patch goes well and public feedback is good we will update the stable version.

thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

No not at all, no matter how many people we throw at a version it still doesn't compare to public Open Beta, and its always going to be a good thing to have that buffer before releasing to stable.

Well, since most of us are indeed beta testing, maybe ED could consider giving us a more structured way of reporting bugs and issues. Doing it through forum threads is not only inefficient, but demotivating as well, as most input is left without official response, instead attracting off-the-cuff remarks from people usually too busy to properly read the reports.

• ED Team

Hi all

We are planning an open beta update for the 20th of May which will include the super carrier.

Thank you for your patience

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Let's hope it goes well :thumbup:

Fingers crossed

System:

• ED Team

I have added a closed sticky here with the next patch info so it is not lost in discussion.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=273255

thanks

I have added a closed sticky here with the next patch info so it is not lost in discussion.

Good idea! Cheers! :thumbup:

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=273255

thanks

Brilliant, please keep updating this.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Hi all

We are planning an open beta update for the 20th of May which will include the super carrier.

Thank you for your patience

Thats awesome news.

Will there be a changelog released before download day, so we can review what to expect aside from super carrier? Or will that occur on the 20th as well?

System: Ryzen 5900x, G.Skill 3600 32GB, MSI 4090 suprim liquid X, samsung odyssey+ headset 

If you do you will enjoy ALL the good with only a little bad. Others may argue otherwise but they have no patience. :thumbup:

… or they are more meticulous and seeing the issues. :thumbup:

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

I've got a question about the supercarrier. If I bought the Supercarrier from Steam, but my DCS Steam installation is the stable release, while my standalone installation is the open beta. Would I still be able to migrate the Supercarrier license from steam to my standalone open beta?

Intel Core i7 7700, 16GB DDR4 RAM, Intel 660P PCIe NVMe, Zotac 2070 Super Amp, Oculus Rift S

A-10C, FA-18C, F-14B, FC3, F-5E, F-86, AV8B, M-2000, Combined Arms, AJS37, F-16C, C-101, MiG-15Bis, MiG-19P, MiG-21Bis, L-39, P-51D, Spitfire LFMkIX, Bf-109, Fw-190 Dora, Fw-190 Anton, P-47D, I-16, SA342, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Ka-50

Most???

More than twice as many on stable as on open Beta which is less than a third of the DCS user base.

Source??

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

• ED Team
Thats awesome news.

Will there be a changelog released before download day, so we can review what to expect aside from super carrier? Or will that occur on the 20th as well?

Change log will be on patch day

thanks

Source??

Kate said something like 60% on stable, 30% on beta and the rest on legacy versions.

Personally, I have difficulty in believing that.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

If I bought the Supercarrier from Steam, but my DCS Steam installation is the stable release, while my standalone installation is the open beta. Would I still be able to migrate the Supercarrier license from steam to my standalone open beta?

AFAIK Yes, as the licence check looks for ownership, not if it's installed, however there may be a delay (to update the licence DB) if looking to migrate on day 1 of the release. YMMV

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Source??

Here we go again. According to Kate P., 60% of people are on stable, 30% on OB, ~10% on legacy builds

Additionally, approx 60% SP and 40% MP

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

I can hardly wait for the patch. Having 2 installations of DCS, I can clearly see the gap between the stable and open beta, and its getting bigger. When performance would allow, I like using the Open Beta more than the stable.

Great job ED in getting Open Beta closer to the performance level of the stable release in vr.

Intel Core i7 7700, 16GB DDR4 RAM, Intel 660P PCIe NVMe, Zotac 2070 Super Amp, Oculus Rift S

A-10C, FA-18C, F-14B, FC3, F-5E, F-86, AV8B, M-2000, Combined Arms, AJS37, F-16C, C-101, MiG-15Bis, MiG-19P, MiG-21Bis, L-39, P-51D, Spitfire LFMkIX, Bf-109, Fw-190 Dora, Fw-190 Anton, P-47D, I-16, SA342, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Ka-50

Kate said something like 60% on stable, 30% on beta and the rest on legacy versions.

I find these proportions plausible in current situation with all the 2.5.6 shenanigans. I suspect, however, it was the other way around back in pre-2.5.5. era.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I find these proportions plausible in current situation with all the 2.5.6 shenanigans. I suspect, however, it was the other way around back in pre-2.5.5. era.

Thanks. For me personally I usually fall in line with the latest that has the most content and of course playable. If they're both the same then of course I will ride the stable.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals