DCS: F/A-18C Features Roadmap for Early Access

Kate Perederko

On 6/2/2020 at 12:16 PM, Kate Perederko said:
  • Flight member TGT ground target SA page symbol missing

Quick question: is this item the one button named TXDSG? 

Will we ever be able to interact with the member TGT symbol? Like making it our own TGT?

Thanks.

Edited by Joni

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

Is there a chance to get a few more liveries included officially into the module?

Maybe some HiViz Navy Birds? Or some of the missing squadrons as line birds? Just a few please. And of course no High Priority. If they come with leaving the Early Access, its ok.

1 hour ago, T-O-A said:

Is there a chance to get a few more liveries included officially into the module?

Maybe some HiViz Navy Birds? Or some of the missing squadrons as line birds? Just a few please. And of course no High Priority. If they come with leaving the Early Access, its ok.

User Files (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

There's way too much for ED to include all of that in the sim my friend. I'm not sure why people have this new idea that ED will do all of these liveries when they have never. Don't hold your breath! Oh well, there's the resource for you.

• Like 1

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

On 11/8/2020 at 2:02 PM, Raisuli said:

The other thing that doesn't happen IRL, and I really wish DCS could fix this, is my wife suddenly deciding something has to be done right now when I'm on short final, or in the middle of the groove, or trying to reverse a bandit, or...

This ain't no lie! Locking the door doesn't even help! 🙄

Digital Storm Lynx: i9-10850k (5.2 GHz): 64GB RAM (3200 MHz): 2TB SSD M.2 Samsung 970 EVO: 2TB Samsung HD: GEFORCE 2080 TI: Thrust Master WartHog (modified): TM F-18C joystick: Saitek Rudder Pedals: HP Reverb PRO: Volair Sim Cockpit: Current Stable Version of DCS :thumbup:

IRL Retired Maintainer of the AT-38B: F-4E/G: F-15A/B/C/D: and McDonnell Douglas/Boeing Technical Advisor for the F-15C/D. I drive trains now. :yawn:

22 hours ago, EagleA25 said:

"AG radar. EXP modes (1-2-3), GMT and GMTT modes, and SEA search mode[WIP]"

Since the completion of this item is condition for the Viper's AG-Radar, may I inquire how it's moving along...?

EXP 1-2-3 are already in OB, iirc they aimed to release SEA search mode previous patch but it wasn't included. My guess would be early 2021. 

T.16000m HOTAS + Pedals || TrackIR5 ||

Win10 64bit || 120+500GB SSD, 1TB HDD || i5 4440 @3.3GHz || 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz || GTX1070 G1 ||

FCIII, L39ZA, AJS-37, Normandy '44, Persian Gulf, Channel

F/A-18C, Bf-109 K-4, WW2 Asset Pack, CA, P-47, F-16

On 6/2/2020 at 5:16 PM, Kate Perederko said:

We have one encompassing feature that requires cooperation between the F/A-18C and F-16C Team, the DCS Core Team, and 3rd Party Developers: create a shared planning environment and agree on a single strategy to support mission planning for many aircraft types. This includes an Aircraft Setup Card in Options and a Mission Planning Card for waypoints with properties (Sequences, Target Points, Pre-Planned Targets, Pre-Briefed Targets, Initial Points, Bullseyes, etc.) and MUMI and similar pages. This is a complex task that we have been designing, and we will be working with all participants to create the best Aircraft Setup and Mission Planner possible.

Sincerely,

The Eagle Dynamics Team

So any idea when? 2021,2022 or ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Given we are on the home run for the Hornet can any official word be given for when we will get a fully enabled Wingman, I asked about this long ago and it was rightly mentioned "WIP", so currently the Wingman is still not functioning anywhere above the bare bones basics, which as a predominantly "single" player , player, will hurt in the end if the wingman doesn't receive at least the same flexibility as the A10C - specifically being able to tell your wingman to attack your target correctly and things like that.  (currently if I have something targeted in my FLIR I cannot tell my wingman to "attack my target" - in the A10C you CAN)

Il 8/11/2020 at 01:26, Swiftwin9s ha scritto:

I think you misunderstand me. What I'm describing definitely does not happen IRL

Watch the end of this video to see the correct behaviour (E bracket stays pinned to the VVI until MLG touchdown)

And see here for how it is in DCS, note the E bracket starts to rise before the MLG TD:

The E bracket shooting up like that is an indication that the AOA is rapidly reducing, which in this case is caused by the nose of the jet being sucked into the ground. aka the reverse ground effect.

I also notice how bouncy the real plane is, maybe it was a hard landing but the nose dropped about 5 °, at the moment the suspension seems to be pretty hard.

This is a very minor feature but i hope it comes with the FM update, much more realistic.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jetguy06 said:

The Hornet doesn't use an external EW pod. The jammer is internal.

I think he might have meant that other aircrafts need to counter the hornet once it gets this new feature.

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

9 minutes ago, Jetguy06 said:

The Hornet doesn't use an external EW pod. The jammer is internal.

true enough... take out the word Pod.. ironically within a few minutes of posting this I saw a video by Wags saying this is coming in the next update

11 minutes ago, Dropbear said:

true enough... take out the word Pod.. ironically within a few minutes of posting this I saw a video by Wags saying this is coming in the next update

Gotchya. Yeah, jamming is coming soon. I think it'll make a pretty significant difference in the Hornet's A-A capabilities.

18 minutes ago, Joni said:

I think he might have meant that other aircrafts need to counter the hornet once it gets this new feature.

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to the ALQ-184 for the Viper, especially for Weaseling. 😈 But it would have significant impacts on the Viper's A-A capabilities as well.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The hornet is currently pretty underwhelming in A2A.

Strongly disagree. I have a great deal of stick time in the Hornet, Viper, and Tomcat; while I'm a fan of all three, I definitely prefer the Hornet in PvP A2A.

Newer players find it easier the leverage the kinematic advantages of the Viper, because it takes less skill to just throw on the blower and fly high and fast when fighting in BVR. It takes more time to develop the confidence and familiarity with the Hornet's more advanced radar and SA tools and leverage them properly in a fight. Once you figure it out, though, the Hornet is surprisingly lethal and not to be underestimated.

• Like 1