[REPORTED]Bug - Red Glowing F-18 Lt20s

Hoirtel

You mean the next update? Because the 04NOV update did not fix any lighting issues whatsoever.

Negative, the one that @Tholozor referenced above.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

It's like watching glowing UFO orbs at the moment

Would be nice to see this bug get squashed

It looks extremely weird, especially in VR. I was approaching 4 Hornets flying in formation from 20nm out. I tracked them on radar and DL on HMD. I couldn't see anything until I closed in at 8nm. The white 'orbs' showed up. They didn't even look like lights, just weird looking circles. When I got to 3nm, the orbs became red and green. At 1.2 nm, I could see them as nav lights, then... they disappeared untill getting very close.

The S3 tanker is simply invisible from any distance until 0.2 nm and only barely.

When I was approaching the carrier, at over 20nm I noticed a flicker of green light coming from the carrier. It was visible till about 18nm then disappeared. It was the size of one pixel but very intense and this combined with the flicker made it look like RL anti-collision beacon. That's what it should look like on a jet (if it had it on). The position lights should be the same size from the distance. The position lights combined from say 4, 5 nm should be a pixel or 2, slightly brighter then stars. The current 'glow' looks pretty bad in VR and only slightly better on 2d screen.

Edit: the threads got merged when I was writing this. I guess enough people chimed in already.

Ahh that's excellent! If correctly fixed, we'll be able to fly night missions again :thumbup:

Thanks ED

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Well, what's the verdict?:music_whistling:

Well, that's an assumption :P

Haven't tested yet (maybe someone else can confirm)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Don't worry sirrah, I'm with you on this one.

These obnoxious fake orbs are pretty immersion killing for me, reminds me of FSX. The same can almost be said for lights on a fair number maps apart from the SoH map - which IMO has them done perfectly - they look way more real, and the 'orb' effect is much smaller, without compromising on range.

To highlight the difference, here's 2 sets of ALS lightbars. On top this is how they look on the SoH map (Abu Musa), IMO they're perfect, they look very realistic, much more diffuse, and most importantly no fake 2D obnoxious orbs - and this is without compromising range, these lights are clearly visible from a distance of 12 nautical miles away - at least on a 15.6" 1080p display. On the bottom we have an identical set of lights, but instead we have the fake looking, 2D orbs present on the Syria map.

The SoH lights scale better too, instead of becoming like giant luminous footballs with distance, they look much more realistic.

F6Nx9AI.thumb.png.2b5263ec73487618113e10c70269a482.png

HimyhmL.thumb.png.d8a531174539540db84369e5cfbe6f1e.png

Edited by Northstar98
formatting

Modules I own: F-14A/B, F-4E, Mi-24P, AJS 37, AV-8B N/A, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• ED Team

Glow through the wing has been reported.

We are talking about two different issues in this thread that have both been reported, one has been fixed.

I will close the thread thank you for your reports, and watch for a future patch for the glow fix

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2