ADMIRAL189'S CORNER - INCOMING SHIP MODELS

Go to solution Solved by ivan-ivanov-1902,

3 minutes ago, Timex3 said:

I've been in Hospital for several months.

Sorry to hear that, I will hold you on my prayers, hope you recover fully, and wish you all the best.

😞

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

58 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Sorry to hear that, I will hold you on my prayers, hope you recover fully, and wish you all the best.

😞

Thank you Rudel!! I can't tell you just how much I've missed DCS World!! I have also missed the DCS Community!! I can no longer walk due to severe pain in my legs and hips!! I'm working with Rehab Team! It's so nice to be back!! Rude, do you know what ships work in Version 2.9?

Timex 3

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Timex3 said:

do you know what ships work in Version 2.9?

I don't have an exhaustive list, but I haven't had any trouble with any of Admiral ships on my own missions ... well, beyond the fact that the South Atlantic Map has trouble with the depth of some ship's hull ... I have had to edit the entry.lua of most ships to cater to that map fault  😞

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Happy New Year everyone. Sorry, I have been absent, MIA, and gone for so long. I would like to thank all of you for your concerns and it means a lot to me. 

It's been rough but I'm still here trying to get back into what I love doing. Creating AI 3D Ship models for DCS.  It's a slow process but I'm getting there. 

My plan for 2024 is to start creating small 3D DCS AI boats and ship models and work my way up from there. I will create the mods in no specific order. I will eventually get back to the AI Mods I was working on in 2023.

Below is the first model of 2024. Finlands Hamina Class Missile Boat FNS Tornio. It's a WIP.  For the record, I haven't seen any issues with any of my AI Ship models and I have the recent DCS  version installed. 

Digital-Combat-Simulator-Black-Shark-Scr

• Like 31
  • Thanks 2

I am glad you are back my friend!

You have been missed by many.

As Stated before, take it slow.

We can wait for new ships.

Your health is the number one priority.

DO take care!

Your Digital Ship Simulator will still be there!😆

• Like 6

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Hello Admiral and welcome back !! So nice to hear from you and that you are getting better. Just take it slow and one step at a time, it is already great to see a good friend back on his feet !

All the good health wishes are yours.

RWC

9 minutes ago, Admiral189 said:

Thank you all for your support. It means a lot and it keeps me going.

I'm taking it slow and easy. Thanks.

Happy to hear from you again.  We as the DCS community love and appreciate the work you do for us, and you need all the help you can get.  Good luck with everything.  

• Like 3

On 2/17/2024 at 10:29 AM, Admiral189 said:

My plan for 2024 is to start creating small 3D DCS AI boats and ship models

A suggestion for a small ship would be a river class opv as one is permanently stationed at the falklands and would be a good fit for the SA map

• Like 1

On 2/19/2024 at 3:48 PM, Admiral189 said:

Thank you all for your support. It means a lot and it keeps me going.

I'm taking it slow and easy. Thanks.

Great to see you are going again (literally i guess 😉 ). Put your health on top of the list always as everything else builds upon this.

If you feel fine and are in 'need' for more suggestions: i am working on the 2008 Georgia war right now and what i found missing, where you have been talking about doing small vessels, are the Russian minesweepers Admiral Zheleznyakov (Gorya class Projekt 12660) & Turbinist (Nadya I class Projekt 226M). They had been with the landing fleet that embarked from Novorossiyk and headed for Ochamchire to drop off troops on shore eventually.

Turbinist:

image.jpeg

Zheleznyakov:

image.jpeg

Edited by Schlingel mit Kringel
corrected ship classes, added www.kchf.ru source, changes video for images
  • Like 5

On 2/17/2024 at 1:29 PM, Admiral189 said:

Happy New Year everyone. Sorry, I have been absent, MIA, and gone for so long. I would like to thank all of you for your concerns and it means a lot to me. 

It's been rough but I'm still here trying to get back into what I love doing. Creating AI 3D Ship models for DCS.  It's a slow process but I'm getting there. 

My plan for 2024 is to start creating small 3D DCS AI boats and ship models and work my way up from there. I will create the mods in no specific order. I will eventually get back to the AI Mods I was working on in 2023.

Below is the first model of 2024. Finlands Hamina Class Missile Boat FNS Tornio. It's a WIP.  For the record, I haven't seen any issues with any of my AI Ship models and I have the recent DCS  version installed. 

whoa what a cool looking ship! can't wait to blow it up in DCS 😄

• Like 2

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

Very pleased to hear you're on the mend Admiral!

Is anyone else experiencing issues with DCS since the update? I can't get any ship assets (mods or core game) to spawn on a mission I'm creating and it just isn't the same without thousands of tonnes of metal raining hell at each other.

• Like 1

For those interested/having the same issues, I answered my own question:

After some investigation this afternoon, an old CurrentHill MiG29MU2 (version 1.3.0) was causing a conflict. This was rectified by updating my assets to the combined Ukraine Assets Pack.

I also had a conflict causing this issue with an older version of the Codename Flanker SU-30MK_SFM v2.0B. I'm yet to download a different version to see if this causes any issues. But these were what were causing my issues. I'd recommend checking these off.

Appreciate that this isn't strictly related to Admiral's excellent mods, but it was preventing me from being able to enjoy them. Hopefully this helps others who also have experienced this.

Edited by McFly29
  • Like 1

Hello Everyone, 

Thanks for the support I appreciate it very much. It keeps me pushing to create more 3D AI mods.

JakeFlys I'm working on a few OPV 3d models as we speak.  The Amazonas Class Patrol Boat, the Arafura Class, and also the Holland Class Patrol Boat. I tend to work on a lot of mods at once so sometimes I forget what I'm working on lol. Honestly, I work on mods now based on how I feel. When I'm feeling pretty good I try to work on as much as I can but I don't push myself too hard.

I'm working on a Rebel or Suspect container ship along with the Hamina Class Missile Boat. Both are almost finished. Below is a photo of the Suspect vessel with missiles and bombs on deck. It is a low poly mod but it suits well for DCS. I added a rebel flag to it but I may change it before release. 

I had to create the RBS-15 anti-ship missile launcher for the Hamina because it don't come with the model. As you can see damage model is complete. The issue with the missile launcher is it doesn't lower. The code is from a vehicle mod. There is a way around it but I don't think it will be realistic.

Hello Rascals with Squiggels, I'm not sure if there are ship models of those vessels out there. Maybe you can search around for them online.

Thanks, McFly29 I haven't seen any issues since the update other than ships no longer have smoke from the stacks/exhaust. All the ships are loading and responding in DCS as they should at least on my end.

Thanks all I will keep you posted. I will be releasing the mods below as soon as I run them through testing. Thanks for your support.

Glad to hear you resolved the issue McFly29. Thanks for the update.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2