DCS MiG-29A

Krippz

4 hours ago, Exorcet said:

I wonder if it will come with some form of GCI enhancements.

Razbam hinted their MiG-23 might have the GCI 

Maybe it will just remain to be simple radio calls we have now - AWACS / EWR. 

• Like 2

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Didn't think we'd live to see the day. Finally the beloved MiG-29 coming to DCS in full fidelity.

Personally, I don't care about clickable cockpits, I use Virpil control panels #1 and 2, there is hardly any FC3 functionality I hadn't mapped using them panels. But I do care about the precise modelling of all the sensors and systems. Really can't wait to experience it.

Hopefully we'll get the Lazur thing for intercepts, which should be included also in the MiG-23. And let's also hope, they'll model the original MiG the way it worked according to US comparison tests with MiG-29G vs western planes. Real-life MiG-29 should outturn an F-16 (by a negligible 0.2 deg/s, but it counts) and outclimb an F-15 going 70 degrees up from the same initial speed.

Forget about the inferior missiles, primitive BVR, useless HDD (heads down display), analog switches and dials, 5-minute fuel capacity, etc. It's the on-par performance against western counterparts while being much cheaper to build and operate (although the engines need to be changed periodically). In a way, it did succeed in its original mission. To be a front-line defender against F-15 and F-16 before AMRAAM.

Also, don't pay attention to kill/loss ratios. Who flew those MiGs? 3rd world countries? Questionable pilot training? MiG against MiG? What does that do for the k/l ratio, huh? All the MiGs (not just 29) have terrible record because it's usually USA/Israel against inferior air force or 3rd world countries fighting each other.

Een_MiG-29_van_de_Slowaakse_luchtmacht_in_de_vlucht_(2156_018809).jpg

• Thanks 1

Joystick RED: Virpil CM2 + WarBRD-D base
Joystick BLUE: TM F-16 + HOTAS magnetic base
Throttle: Virpil CM3
Rudder:  Virpil ACE flight pedals
Panels:   Virpil control panels #1, #2

On 9/9/2022 at 1:40 PM, Gierasimov said:

Make sure to remember this and get in touch once the FF Fulcrum from ED is in pre order. I will gift it to you! Well done @Furiz

@Furiz

Happy New Year! The year of Fulcrum!

• Like 2

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

58 minutes ago, Harlikwin said:

Just to pick a nit, you can hardly consider the KOLS a 2nd gen IRST. It was a  14 element line scanned PbSe sensor... Which means it had severe limitations with all aspect engagement of targets. For what it was supposed to do (lock/cue missiles in a dogfight) this is fine. But calling it a "2nd gen" IRST is a serious stretch.

Was better with the old Mig-21S and Mig-23M/MF 1st Gen IRST. Comparable to Mig-23ML/MLD.

8 hours ago, Gierasimov said:

Last year I was waiting for the Fulcrum to be featured at the end of the 2023 and beyond video, instead some strange looking helo took it's place. 

🙂

In this year's video it will finally be revealed, won't it ? 🙂 oh dear ... I am in for a disappointment ... again.

MiG-29.jpg

Now *THAT* is a Christmas present.

• Like 3

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

3 hours ago, Merrek said:

Also, don't pay attention to kill/loss ratios. Who flew those MiGs? 3rd world countries? Questionable pilot training? MiG against MiG? What does that do for the k/l ratio, huh? All the MiGs (not just 29) have terrible record because it's usually USA/Israel against inferior air force or 3rd world countries fighting each other.

The MiG were getting hardly ever fought at all, and when it did, it acquitted itself pretty well. Of course, most of the time it was on NATO side, with Germany, Poland and Slovakia contributing to several NATO operations, and Ukraine using them (often those very same MiGs, handed down from the aforementioned countries) against more modern Russian aircraft and against drones. The 3rd world countries got the MiG-29B, which was one of those crap monkey models that the USSR supplied to their non-Soviet allies. Even then, most of the fighting these did was after AMRAAM was a thing, which skewed the field by a lot. 

Incidentally, Ukrainian MiG drivers have complained about the very same thing Redfor players often do in DCS. They had only Fox 1s on their MiGs, while the Russians had Fox 3s. They still got some hits in, but most of the time it went much like it does on DCS servers. It's still a solid machine, though, and the gun turned out to come in handy against drones.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, GGTharos said:

The MiG-29G maybe is doable since it's a 9.12 with documented additions, IIRC.

There you go, why not make both the A and G then?

By the way, anyone watched this video yet? It says we are getting the A this year.

Edited by PLAAF
  • Like 1

qLjvyQ3.png

My Adorable Communist Errand Girls  🙂

Led by me, the Communist Errand Panda 🥰

16 minutes ago, PLAAF said:

There you go, why not make both the A and G then?

By the way, anyone watched this video yet? It says we are getting the A this year.

BigNewy stated in one of the threads related to the video that Iraq is the only thing "planned" (my word, not his) for release this year, so I wouldn't count on the Mig-29 being 2024 (much as the video might suggest otherwise).

Edited by rob10
Added link to post.
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, rob10 said:

BigNewy stated in one of the threads related to the video that Iraq is the only thing "planned" (my word, not his) for release this year, so I wouldn't count on the Mig-29 being 2024 (much as the video might suggest otherwise).

Well, ED was denying 29 will be done in the past, so lets wait and see...

Edited by okopanja
  • Like 1

Well, ED was denying 29 will be done on the past, so lets wait and see...
The "release date" has always a plan, as Heatblur and F-14/F-4E release dates, and subject to change. Has no a "promise" or write on stone. Has better take them as, "working to release"

Enviado desde mi CPH2197 mediante Tapatalk

hi
are we only getting 9.12? how about 9.13 and beyond?
and why does mig 29 only have 30 chaff and 30 flares... how can i evade any missiles with this poor capacity..
thanks for your time
ED has making a A versión, a 9.12 with the available info. Dont expected others more advanced version as 9.13, and others, meanwhile get info by Russia has a "Nightmare" (Secret Military Law). Example, the límited update with the Ka-50-3, by the same situation.

Enviado desde mi CPH2197 mediante Tapatalk

Also people always think about PvP (not saying you do) and they try to fight with F18 etc. I believe it is an 1980 early plane so it should fight with it age planes, so maybe the strong one is the MIG29 then.

I think "all planes" PvP is making a bad influence in the development of DCS with people complaining about theirs module weak points against others, and "maybe" ED modifying the core weapons to match equally the PvP fights. You didn't say anything about PvP with the future Mig29A but I have read lot of users complain about the same "how I can fight against a F18, or F15e, or F16?"

Saying that, If in Ucrania war, we saw how the NATO put a HARM in a Ucranian Mig29, why not mod the future Mig29A with futuristic weapons, simulating that those A versions in a nowadays conflict? 

If the A version has enough A/G weapons, I will buy it, because it is the most preatiest plane ever built, I think.

Edited by Japo32
  • Thanks 1

• ED Team

2024 and beyond 

the clue is in the title, we share with you all what we will be working on in 2024, depending on development challenges we hope to get as much out as possible but things have to be flexible. 

The Iraq terrain is something we intend to get out in 2024, as stated in the video. 

We will share more about the MiG-29A in a future newsletter reveal 

thank you 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

7 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

We will share more about the MiG-29A in a future newsletter reveal

As far as I am aware, the designation "MiG-29A" was only used for a pre-production model. I'm looking forward to reading which version will be modelled so we can see the confusion cleared up 🙂

• Like 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS graphics settings

17 hours ago, okopanja said:

Both 9-12 and 9-13 are known to have been upgraded to the level of Mig-29SM, thus making them more capable in terms of air to air and ground to ground.

I think not...
MiG-29 [Fulcrum C] Fighter
Man Rtng: 5.0/2.5 Damage Value: 32
Size/Signature: Small/Small Bombsight: Ballistic
Counterm: 2nd Gen D Inflight Refuel: N
Sensors: N-019 Rubin radar, KOLS-29 (2nd Gen IRST, laser rf.) linked to HMS, 1st Gen RWR

Throttle Setting/Speed in knots
Altitude Cruise Full Mil Reheat
Low: 460 580 700
Med: 460 665 980
High: 460 750 1260
VHigh: -- -- 1260
Ceiling: 17000 meters Engine Type: TF
Cruise Range: 620 nmi Int Fuel: 3675 kg
Additional Fuel Fuel Wt. Range Add.
1150 L drop tank 930 kg 220 nmi
1520 L supersonic tank 1230 kg 295 nmi

Ordnance Loadouts: Payload: 3000 kg
Off Guns: 1 GSh-30-1 30mm (2.5)
• In all loadouts optional 1520 L tank (max speed 860 knots)
• 2 R-27R, 2 R-73 (QRA)
• 2 R-27R, 4 R-73
• 2 R-27R/T or 2 R-27ER/ET, 4 R-73 (MiG-29S, MiG-29SE)
• 8 FAB-250 or 4 KMGU-2
• 1 RN-40 nuclear bomb, 1 FAB-500, 4 R-73
• 2 R-73 and either:
• 4 B-8M1 or 4 B-13 rocket pods or 4 S-24 rockets
• 4 FAB-500ShN
• 6 FAB-250 or 6 FAB-500
• 8 FAB-250 (MiG-29S)
• 4 R-77 (MiG-29SE)
Remarks: In Svc: 1987 - 2021?
Model 9-13. Nicknamed ‘Gorbatov’ (Hunchback). Additional internal fuel, provision for internal L-203B Gardeniya 3rd Gen ECM, strengthened inner wing hard points, and ability to fire cannon with 1520 L carried. Nuclear capable.
Export MiG-29 [Fulcrum C]: Model 9-13B to Chad, North Korea and Peru. Not fitted with internal ECM.
MiG-29S [Fulcrum C]: Model 9-13S with N-019M radar, 4500 kg payload, engages 2 targets with R-77. 46 produced with 16 delivered to Russia from Dec 90 to 73rd Guards IAP (Shaikovka until 1998). Remainder exported as MiG-29SE. In service 1994. Few R-77 delivered to Russian Air Force, and only used for testing and trials.
MiG-29SE: Export MiG-29S with N-019ME. Not fitted with internal ECM. Algeria, Eritrea, Myanmar, Peru, Sudan, Yemen.
MiG-29SM (9-13S): MiG-29S with inflight refueling probe, Kh-29T and KAB-500Kr. Tested 1996, but upgrade canceled.
• 1986-87: Deployed to Hungary.
• Apr 88: Possibly first deployed to East Germany.
• 1988 - 92: Two fighter-bomber regiments operational to pave the way for MiG-29M (9.15) - 642nd APIB (Martynovka, Ukraine 1988-92) and 927th APIB (Bereza, Belarus 1990-92).
• Late 80s: L-203B Gardeniya Internal ECM operational - 3rd Gen J&D.
• 1989: Nuclear capability removed.
• 1990: 1150 L drop tanks available.
• Mid-90s: Some Model 9-13 upgraded to Model 9-13S.
• 1998: 16 a/c deploy to Erebuni, Armenia. Attack role added 2013.
• 2017: Remains in service with one squadron at Erebuni, Armenia. Planned to be replaced by Su-30SM 2020-21 or MiG-35S from 2022.

11 часов назад, Dragon1-1 сказал:

They still got some hits in,

No they haven't. Literally not one russian aircraft downed by mig29.

It is lopsided obsolete and pointless module. At this point i hope to get cobra ah1, su25a ff. At least with these you can do good ground attack missions. But we re stuck with Apache development for a long time 

Edited by Sobakopes

13 minutes ago, Sobakopes said:

No they haven't. Literally not one russian aircraft downed by mig29.

...except for all the drones they knock down on a regular basis. Had you said manned aircraft, you'd have had a point. 

That said, it seems like they didn't actually manage to kill a modern Russian fighter. Might have something to do with them lacking R-27ER, which is the only one that can compete with Fox 3 equipped fighters.

The MiG-29 will still be very good for Fox 1 and Fox 2 fights. It will be difficult to use in a Fox 3 environment unless we get a version that can guide R-77 at some point. That said, that's fine by me. 80s Fox 1s and dogfights are where the real fun is at. 🙂 

Edited by Dragon1-1

Best. Day. Ever.

I am so excited for Fulcrum. I remember seeing one as a little boy and it has been my favorite plane ever since. Your video brought that little boy out in me

You have made my day, there was no better aircraft to develop. (Not even the 'my humps... my humps, my humps, my humps' 9.13)

Don't listen to the partypoopers. They will look at a Spitfire and say with a straight face it's crap because it doesn't have AMRAMs

On the down low, historically I just wish the design bureau gave us Air to Air Refueling Capabilities before the K variant

Now there were 9-12 with retrofitted wing drop tanks that flew over Iraq... could reduce that 'Range Anxiety'

Edited by nikoel
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1