My Viper became stealth fighter...

dmatt76

I have strange issue after the update.

I set a mission to practice HARM, set SAM groups

I fly to SAM from 40 miles range, I can see threat circles on HSD but RWR is silent.

I have to fly direct over SAM, orbit for 2 minutes there and then it starts locking me, my RWR starts beeping.

Bug or my mission is not set correctly?

I have strange issue after the update.

I set a mission to practice HARM, set SAM groups

I fly to SAM from 40 miles range, I can see threat circles on HSD but RWR is silent.

I have to fly direct over SAM, orbit for 2 minutes there and then it starts locking me, my RWR starts beeping.

Bug or my mission is not set correctly?

The AI SAM isn't that stupid. It is just trying to get you in its optimal kill zone by getting you closer and it won't fire all the time as soon as you enter threat circle.

• ED Team

Please attach a track replay, it sounds like you have the SAMs set to green alert state? Also the SAMs will take a little time to warm up when they first start.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

OK, so the SA-10 or SA-11 works fine. It is mainly with SA-2 and SA-3 so I guess they work that way? Won't turn on until you pass them? :)

I can't tell for the SA-3 but i tested the SA-2, SA-8, SA-11 yesterday and all worked perfectly fine for me. I also guess you didn't set them up correctly(missed a checkbox)? Could you attach that mission here so we could have a look at it and help you out?

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Hmm maybe SAM warmup should be skipped on mission start to simulate the SAM being on well before the mission start time.

This is all configured when you create the mission with unit ready state options. It has green ''not ready for combat'' and red ''deployed and ready for combat''.

If ''green'' the SAM will attempt to deploy when it detects you. Some SAMs can ''deploy'' in a few second. Some take a number of minutes. Generally, the older the SAM the longer it takes.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

OK, so the SA-10 or SA-11 works fine. It is mainly with SA-2 and SA-3 so I guess they work that way? Won't turn on until you pass them? :)

We can only make wild guesses, unless you provide a track file so we can actually take a look at what happens!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

This is all configured when you create the mission with unit ready state options. It has green ''not ready for combat'' and red ''deployed and ready for combat''.

If ''green'' the SAM will attempt to deploy when it detects you. Some SAMs can ''deploy'' in a few second. Some take a number of minutes. Generally, the older the SAM the longer it takes.

But that's the point. If you set a SAM to red it is NOT "deployed and ready for combat'' at mission start. What will happen at mission start is it will start to deploy and if finished with it it will be ready for combat. I would appreciate if SAM systems are set to red that at mission start they are already ready for combat instead of starting to deploy.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings