DCS F-14A Trailer

IronMike

Gorgeous!

Rig: i9 10900KF @5.3GHz | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 3600MHz | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3090 24GB OC | ASUS Maximus XII Formula | 2x 2TB Intel SSD6 NVMe M.2 | VKB F-14CG on Gunfighter III Base | TM Warthog HOTAS | TM Rudder Pedals | HP Reverb G2

Hangar: FC3 | F-86F | F-4E [Pre-Ordered] | F-5E | F-14A/B | F-15E | F-16C | F/A-18C | Mirage 2000C | JF-17 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19P | MiG-21bis | AJS-37 | AV-8B | L39 | C-101 | A-10C/CII | Yak-52 | P-51D | P-47D | Fw 190 A-8/D-9 | Bf 109 | Spitfire | I-16 | UH-1 Huey

Looks promising.

For much I praise the B version and its engines, to me the TF-30's exhaust nozzles of the F-14A always were "The real McCoy".

The F110 engine's nozzles do seem a little bit 'modern' for my taste, in the F-14's general airframe design.

• Like 1

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

Awesome!

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Sucks.

My computer decided to die on Thursday. Power box failed. The repair people put a new one it and it lit the graphics card on fire and fried everything else.

New good Alienware on the way, but won't arrive until Dec 30. Don't know what I'll do with myself 'til then. Really, really wanted to abuse the -A.

At least it'll fly better with the new machine.

Questions are a burdon, and answers a prison for one's self.

Sucks.

My computer decided to die on Thursday. Power box failed. The repair people put a new one it and it lit the graphics card on fire and fried everything else.

New good Alienware on the way, but won't arrive until Dec 30. Don't know what I'll do with myself 'til then. Really, really wanted to abuse the -A.

At least it'll fly better with the new machine.

That went... catastrophic.

(Two years ago my Asus B85M-G mobo decided to shut up all of the sudden, never to come up again and I couldn't see anything burnt or damaged.)

I know waiting gets boring as hell, but you'll get the stuff.

Patience and good luck with the upcoming hardware.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

Thanks, Jock. yeah... frustrating. But I'll be better in the end.

:)

Sad to hear. But use the time to get outside, enjoy some nature... the stuff we usually dont do when tucked away behind our PCs... Sometimes a break from gaming is ok, too. By the time you have it back, many more nice goodies will be waiting for you. Hope that condoles a bit at least.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I know...

I can get back to some model building anyway. Working on an ancient AMT 1/72 F-14 as it is.

Thanks for what you're doing Mike. I've loved your modules, even if I haven't mastered them yet.

I've got two games of Matrix's War in the Pacific going, one against an Austrian opponent, which are on hold also.

Questions are a burdon, and answers a prison for one's self.

What's the difference between the F-14A/B RWRs?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

As long as we get a threat-heading indication, all fine. Threat type aswell?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence