Mirage F1 project update

Vibora

22 hours ago, potatoman530 said:

am not sure if you have heard, but on the ED discord after an interview and some confusion on if an F-4 phantom was coming or if they were talking about an F-4U they mentioned on the discord that the phantom was coming, but it was not them at ED doing it.

There is no F-4U.

It's an F4U. The F4U-1D to be precise.

If everybody stuck to the actual designations, misunderstandings wouldn't even happen: An F4D and an F-4D are two entirely different airplanes.

• Like 1

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!

1 hour ago, Bremspropeller said:

There is no F-4U.

It's an F4U. The F4U-1D to be precise.

If everybody stuck to the actual designations, misunderstandings wouldn't even happen: An F4D and an F-4D are two entirely different airplanes.

ok help me out with this. From memory:

"F4" wildcat im9vPGf8REWXjlwXoZzJyaoZpt5CUMBh9L1Kp4oX

"F4" corsair F4U-1A_rmpg.jpg

"F4" skyray Douglas-F4D-Skyray-Title.jpg

"F4" phantom avf4_0_01.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, henshao said:

ok help me out with this. From memory:

"F4" phantom avf4_0_01.jpg

The Phantom has the dash, that is missing:  F-4 Phantom

I don't know why they changed the naming convention, or when exactly that happened. In the very VERY beginining the Phantom was not called an F-4 or a Phantom, but once they started actually fielding them on the frontline, the Navy got serious about naming it, and it's been Phantom F-4's ever since! 

Not that it really matters! It's just an awesome jet that was the king of the hill until the Eagles Vipers Fulcrums and Flankers came along. Even long after it was no longer "king of the hill", it's still darn good and has lasted a very long service life, unlike some jets that couldn't manage a single decade of service.

37 minutes ago, Rick50 said:

I don't know why they changed the naming convention, or when exactly that happened. In the very VERY beginining the Phantom was not called an F-4 or a Phantom, but once they started actually fielding them on the frontline, the Navy got serious about naming it, and it's been Phantom F-4's ever since! 

It used to be the F4H-1.

The designation-scheme was changed, because McNamara couldn't handle the dashes either and he was constantly confused about airplane designations.

It certainly made sense - especially when Navy and (Army) Air Force used different designations for the same aircraft-type.

The Mirages were a bit easier in that regard.

• Like 1

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!

• ED Team

Please stay on topic, its has started to derail. 

thank you

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

5 hours ago, Get_Lo said:

What can we expect from Aerges on the livestream of the Airshow on the 23rd? only a giveaway? Will there be an interview or a Q&A? Can we submit questions if there is?

There will be an interview but we dont know if it ll be in spanish or english with maybe a Q&A with it but no thread was posted to have questions. I would suggest you follow their facebook (https://www.facebook.com/AergesEngineeringSL/) to have the news about if Q&A there will be. 

I personnaly hope we ll see a demo of the F1 and maybe a pre-order or release date. 

• Like 1

The update to the open beta with the forestall and Jester Lantern capability was postponed from the 14th to the 20th despite heat blur saying it was ready on the 14th this could be due to something with Eagle dynamics, but with an F1 being given away on 23rd it could possibly linked to that at least that's what I want to believe.   

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Mike Force Team said:

I saw the screenshots of the Mirage F1.  Looks impressive.  Will there be a nuclear-variant F1 similiar to the Mig-21BIS in DCS world?

No more nukes in DCS. 

On 10/16/2021 at 1:25 PM, potatoman530 said:

The update to the open beta with the forestall and Jester Lantern capability was postponed from the 14th to the 20th despite heat blur saying it was ready on the 14th this could be due to something with Eagle dynamics, but with an F1 being given away on 23rd it could possibly linked to that at least that's what I want to believe.   

I'd like some of that hopium you are smoking 🙂

• Like 1

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

1 minute ago, Mike Force Team said:

I saw the screenshots of the Mirage F1.  Looks impressive.  Will there be a nuclear-variant F1 similiar to the Mig-21BIS in DCS world?

No Mirage F1 was used as Nuclear Vectors. The French air forces use as a nuclear vector:

Strategic forces:
- Mirage IVP with AN-11 and AN-22 bomb and ASMP missiles
- Sepecat Jaguars with AN-52 bombs
- Mirage 2000N with gravity bombs, ASMP and ASMP-A Missiles
- Rafale F3 with with gravity bombs, ASMP and ASMP-A Missiles and the future ASN4G

Other aircarfts capables was:
- Sud Aviation Vautour with AN-11 bombs
- Mirage IIIE with AN-52 bombs
- Super Ethendart with AN-52 bombs

• Like 1

To add to what Harlikwin said, ED doesn't seem to want to have anymore nukes in DCS. And it seems like many in the community don't want them either. Sure, some will always want mushrooms... and for that they'll have the Mig-21 to enjoy!  

Who knows, maybe in the future nukes will be reconsidered, but for now it's the Mig and nothing but the Mig! 

21 minutes ago, Rick50 said:

To add to what Harlikwin said, ED doesn't seem to want to have anymore nukes in DCS. And it seems like many in the community don't want them either. Sure, some will always want mushrooms... and for that they'll have the Mig-21 to enjoy!  

Who knows, maybe in the future nukes will be reconsidered, but for now it's the Mig and nothing but the Mig! 

I mean there isn't even an animation for the mig21 nuke, it just zaps all units in some radius and adds a big crater graphic I think.

From the ED standpoint, they aren't gonna ever really gonna be able to have any of the details of how arming nukes works in DCS anyway, so I think its way more in the category, they couldn't even if they actually wanted to. And then there are far more important things to do anyway.

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

18 hours ago, Harlikwin said:

I mean there isn't even an animation for the mig21 nuke, it just zaps all units in some radius and adds a big crater graphic I think.

From the ED standpoint, they aren't gonna ever really gonna be able to have any of the details of how arming nukes works in DCS anyway, so I think its way more in the category, they couldn't even if they actually wanted to. And then there are far more important things to do anyway.

Thank you for the response.  As for the Mig21BIS, its nuke bomb effects are minimal.  Oh well.