HMS Invincible & HMS Illustrious V1.3 Mod UPDATE 19/01/2021

52 minutes ago, aviation360 said:

The QE, that’ll be nice with the F-35 mod when the F-35B gets released 

Isn't that mod team doing a QE??

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Flyingfish said:

Does this mod require the super carrier DLC? I keep getting a message saying the DLC's aren't authorised and will be disabled

No, it does not need SC .... are you sure that you placed the Mod on the /Saved Games/ path? ... seems that you may have placed it on the /Program Files/ path.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

2 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

No, it does not need SC .... are you sure that you placed the Mod on the /Saved Games/ path? ... seems that you may have placed it on the /Program Files/ path.

Ah that was it, thanks for the help.

Also, this mod is absolutely amazing. Thanks T-Pap

RTX 4090, AMD 5800x3D, 32GB Ram 

I have downloaded the recent update for which I am happy and urge you to keep up the good work! 
Screen_210216_185852.png
However when attempting to use all 8 parking spots an issue seems to arise. Nonwithstanding the lack of available deck space on the carriers due to their design, the FWD group of 4 is not only too far forward to really make actual use out of the ramp (the Harriers that took off got wet), the spots seem to bee offset and for some reason after the first 3 jets take-off the 4th doesn't, blocking the way for the AFT group

Screen_210216_185927.png

Screen_210216_190831.png

Hi T-pap I've downloaded and used the Admiral189 and CrazyEddies Augusta Westland AW101 Merlin

mod which looks fantastic on the deck of the Invincible class carriers. They have the parked aircraft with tail and rotors folded as a static object. Unfortunately after about one minute of starting a mission the aircraft disappears and reappears at certain angles. I placed the object on the deck of the supercarrier for comparison and it doesn't do it. I'm guessing its a VR issue and probably only effects VR. I would love to get this static object working on your carrier. Do you think their may be a simple reason why its doing this on your carrier?

Keep up the great mods. 

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

• 4 months later...
On 2/16/2021 at 7:18 PM, Cdodders said:

I have downloaded the recent update for which I am happy and urge you to keep up the good work! 
Screen_210216_185852.png
However when attempting to use all 8 parking spots an issue seems to arise. Nonwithstanding the lack of available deck space on the carriers due to their design, the FWD group of 4 is not only too far forward to really make actual use out of the ramp (the Harriers that took off got wet), the spots seem to bee offset and for some reason after the first 3 jets take-off the 4th doesn't, blocking the way for the AFT group

Screen_210216_185927.png

Screen_210216_190831.png

I totally second the above, I may have a few of your mods installed!

Just a quick one from me, I have the same issues as above that when harriers take off they get wet!  Plus I have noticed that they take off too far forward.  In a two ship the first takes off and ends up salty, the second taxies and appears to slide across the deck before settling and then takes off and ends up as the first.  The same happens with all community mod carriers the L61. your QE (which is also ace btw!!!) and the others.  Have tried them all! lol.  This doesn't happen with with the included DCS Tarawa.  

Still love all the mods and keep em coming!!

On 2/17/2021 at 12:36 AM, westr said:

Hi T-pap I've downloaded and used the Admiral189 and CrazyEddies Augusta Westland AW101 Merlin

mod which looks fantastic on the deck of the Invincible class carriers. They have the parked aircraft with tail and rotors folded as a static object. Unfortunately after about one minute of starting a mission the aircraft disappears and reappears at certain angles. I placed the object on the deck of the supercarrier for comparison and it doesn't do it. I'm guessing its a VR issue and probably only effects VR. I would love to get this static object working on your carrier. Do you think their may be a simple reason why its doing this on your carrier?

Keep up the great mods. 

Hi , 

If the mod of the meril dissappears yet the carrier remains then it is deffinitely a problem with the westland mod. There is an issue (Which i i have also come across with some mods i have made) where this happens and a certain angles the models vanish and reappear. You will need to tell the original mod creator to look into it. 
If it were an issue with the carrier it would also affect the carrier itself.

Nevertheless I am revamping the both illustrious and Invincible as we speak adding a damage model and maybe manage to get the seadart to work . 

16 hours ago, Lloyd80 said:

I totally second the above, I may have a few of your mods installed!

Just a quick one from me, I have the same issues as above that when harriers take off they get wet!  Plus I have noticed that they take off too far forward.  In a two ship the first takes off and ends up salty, the second taxies and appears to slide across the deck before settling and then takes off and ends up as the first.  The same happens with all community mod carriers the L61. your QE (which is also ace btw!!!) and the others.  Have tried them all! lol.  This doesn't happen with with the included DCS Tarawa.  

Still love all the mods and keep em coming!!

Yeah , This is an issue with the takeoffs that has been going on for some time on all carrier mods that use the ski jump. At some point if was fixed but then after an update it went bad again.The Tarawa doesnt have a skki jump so possible that is why it works differently. 

The positioning of the harriers on deck is an issue with the mod and i am addessing as i need ti update the luas that govern placement and landing/takeoffs ! 

I'm updating all 3 carriers so will hopefully have it sorted as much as possible 🙂

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

Is the project still on-going?

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

1 hour ago, VFGiPJP said:

Is the project still on-going?

Yes, I'm eager to know that too. Would like to see the bug fixed (whether it's on ED's side or the mod devs). The price creep on the newer (official) modules gives these freebies a special place in my heart. 

CPU: Core i7 7700k, Mobo: GA-Z270x Gaming 7 rev. 1, RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz, GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Amp Edition, SSD: Samsung 850 pro 512 GB, SSD: 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 512 GB (RAID 0), Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD, HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black, TrackIR 5, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, CH PRO Pedals.

They are very beautiful ships, not to mention their historical significance.  From a pilot's pov, It is much smaller and hard to land on.

If somebody can help fix the ski ramp so that we can spawn and take off from it, it would be very much appreciated.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

???

I can happily state that it’s possible to land and takeoff from the carriers in a Harrier

• Thanks 1

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

46 minutes ago, Mr_sukebe said:

???

I can happily state that it’s possible to land and takeoff from the carriers in a Harrier

Okay, I try again using a plane with full fuel but nothing else and it could take off...was it the weight?

Yes, it is the weight thing, it starts on the ramp!!!

Screen_211127_200002.jpg

Screen_211127_200010.jpg

Screen_211127_200027.jpg

Screen_211127_200033.jpg

As for HMS Hermes, using the same plane config, it works fine, it does have some issues:

Screen_211127_200135.jpg

Screen_211127_200212.jpg

Edited by VFGiPJP

I find that starting to accelerate at about the 350 mark (see the deck markings) seems to work well and can happily take off with a good load

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

The problem is, as in the screenshots, the Harrier spawns on the ramp and "topple" to the left on HMS Invincible.

Sorry can't explain that.

Are you on cold start, or ramp start?  I'm usually on cold, which "might" make a difference.

• Thanks 1

It is start from runway.

Yup. But I still it is a little bug which can be fixed.