FW190 A8 Engine Seizes On Take Off

Fang333333

Hello folks

My engine keeps seizing on takeoff. I am using the throttle gently, and I have not had this issue before. I don't see any reason for this, the engine just slows down, if I lower the throttle it prolongs the dying by a few seconds and then it seizes. After a few reloads of the mission I seem to get a functioning bird. Granted that maybe a coincidence and I might be doing something wrong.

WHATS GOING ON HERE!!!!???

Thanks

Fang

Edited by Fang333333

16 hours ago, Fang333333 said:

Hello folks

My engine keeps seizing on takeoff. I am using the throttle gently, and I have not had this issue before. I don't see any reason for this, the engine just slows down, if I lower the throttle it prolongs the dying by a few seconds and then it seizes. After a few reloads of the mission I seem to get a functioning bird. Granted that maybe a coincidence and I might be doing something wrong.

WHATS GOING ON HERE!!!!???

Thanks

Fang

Oil temp. - did you warming up?

1/ 1200 RPM to 25 C.deg

2/ 1400-1500 RPM to 30 C.deg

Time to reach it its 3 to 15 minutes (depending on OAT). 

After this you can start taxi. No any issue with this.

Problem its a Oil pressure in the module but this is different thing. If you do warm up will be ok.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I think that the need to warm up is fairly recent and now exists for both the P47 and A8.  I had the same issues recently.  Was all just down to me not warming the engine for long enough.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

On 2/1/2021 at 11:39 AM, jackdaw said:

Is the engine govenor switched to auto, switch in front of the throttle

Hi all!

THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG HERE! 

My engine seizes even being warmed up, gentle throttle. I am TRYING to fly Horrido and I cannot progress because the engine seizes after takeoff, under 25rpms. They also have a mission in Horrido where the engine seizes on purpose. This wasted HOURS of my life as I thought it was the same bug I am dealing with. VERY ANNOYING CAMPAIGN! I really do not think I am doing anything. If this was real life they would have never used the FW 190 in war cuz literally 1 out of every 5 takeoffs is successful. I will try to load a video of this but time is not on my side! Is there a way of clean installing this aircraft? I own literally every plane and none of them have something this annoying and crippling!

BOOOOO!

THERE IS A REAL BAD ISSUE WITH ENGIINE SIEZING AND IT WONT STOP!

Jack thx for response! Governor is auto. 

Thanks 

Joe

P.S. Out of EVERY aircraft offered on DCS, I am starting to HATE the A8. This is B.S

• Like 1

On 2/5/2021 at 10:32 PM, Fang333333 said:

Hi all!

THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG HERE! 

My engine seizes even being warmed up, gentle throttle. I am TRYING to fly Horrido and I cannot progress because the engine seizes after takeoff, under 25rpms. They also have a mission in Horrido where the engine seizes on purpose. This wasted HOURS of my life as I thought it was the same bug I am dealing with. VERY ANNOYING CAMPAIGN! I really do not think I am doing anything. If this was real life they would have never used the FW 190 in war cuz literally 1 out of every 5 takeoffs is successful. I will try to load a video of this but time is not on my side! Is there a way of clean installing this aircraft? I own literally every plane and none of them have something this annoying and crippling!

BOOOOO!

THERE IS A REAL BAD ISSUE WITH ENGIINE SIEZING AND IT WONT STOP!

Jack thx for response! Governor is auto. 

Thanks 

Joe

P.S. Out of EVERY aircraft offered on DCS, I am starting to HATE the A8. This is B.S

No it will be ok if you warm up the engine as I wrote before. Put a track f you have problem still.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Drop track from your flight. This will make things a lot easier.

I must say that i didn't managed to seizure A8 engine even once, so this is a little odd for me.

One thing which come in to my mind, are you avoiding rpm range between idle-1000rpm which is very dangerous for engine(extreme vibrations), if you will idle below 1000 for longer time, this maybe a reason why engine fails.

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

15 hours ago, grafspee said:

Drop track from your flight. This will make things a lot easier.

I must say that i didn't managed to seizure A8 engine even once, so this is a little odd for me.

One thing which come in to my mind, are you avoiding rpm range between idle-1000rpm which is very dangerous for engine(extreme vibrations), if you will idle below 1000 for longer time, this maybe a reason why engine fails.

this another option as well. Whenever I am stationary on the g round I keep my brakes on and rpm around 1100

12 hours ago, GR00VYJERRY said:

this another option as well. Whenever I am stationary on the g round I keep my brakes on and rpm around 1100

Same, i have bind brake toggle to my hotas to act as parking brake so i can go afk while warming up 🙂

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

I've noticed this as well, but avoiding it is pretty strait forward. It does seem to be absolutely essential to warm up the engine, more so than other warbirds. Also, during the warmup process, keep the rpm above 1250 or the coolant will evaporate. (I'm not sure how essential that last one is, but it's in the manual.)

I leave the engine running at 1250 with the radiator flaps closed until the engine reaches operating temps, and this can take 5+ minutes. I'm not sure whether that's realistic or not, given aircraft like the 109 reach operating temps in a fraction of the time, but if you don't it seems to be a guaranteed seize, even with minimal power applied.

1 hour ago, Two8nine said:

I've noticed this as well, but avoiding it is pretty strait forward. It does seem to be absolutely essential to warm up the engine, more so than other warbirds. Also, during the warmup process, keep the rpm above 1250 or the coolant will evaporate. (I'm not sure how essential that last one is, but it's in the manual.)

I leave the engine running at 1250 with the radiator flaps closed until the engine reaches operating temps, and this can take 5+ minutes. I'm not sure whether that's realistic or not, given aircraft like the 109 reach operating temps in a fraction of the time, but if you don't it seems to be a guaranteed seize, even with minimal power applied.

Unfortunately Fw190 A8 does not have coolant. I think you mistaken it with D-9 in which case idling engine below 1000rpm is leading to coolant evaporation.

I warm up A-8 at 1100-1200 rpm and i wait for oil temp reach green mark (hand made), then i set off. 

Edited by grafspee

4 hours ago, grafspee said:

Unfortunately Fw190 A8 does not have coolant. I think you mistaken it with D-9 in which case idling engine below 1000rpm is leading to coolant evaporation.

I warm up A-8 at 1100-1200 rpm and i wait for oil temp reach green mark (hand made), then i set off. 

I wondered about that given that it's aircooled, it's mentioned in the start up training mission for the A8. Wonder if it was copied audio from the D9. (I don't have the D9, so no way to confuse the two.)

46 minutes ago, Two8nine said:

I wondered about that given that it's aircooled, it's mentioned in the start up training mission for the A8. Wonder if it was copied audio from the D9. (I don't have the D9, so no way to confuse the two.)

Yeah probably copy paste.

Radiator flaps in Anton could be used only for oil temperatures 110-130C deg.

Before 110 it doesnt need to be open.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

I've had the engine quit right after take off and I get a 'Engine overheated' message.  I now open the cowl flaps just before take off and no more issue.  Seems odd though, the temps don't show that high a reading.  Also make sure your oil pressure is reading right...sometimes it will go back to a low pressure reading and not advance when you advance the throttle.

Edited by Tucker Fleming
oil pressure stuff