A-29 Super Tucano

I wonder if this is ever going to get fixed, I have tried all the suggested fixes with nothing positive to report and there does not appear to be anything coming from the Mad makers. (Correct me if I am wrong !)

I will be sad to see such a super little flyable aircraft return to the AI only version. 

1 hour ago, Urbi said:

Since this mod is of great interest and is shown in the description as open source and also contains no copyright notice, I will decide to offer the mod I have edited here.

Thanks a lot for stepping in and try make this User Mod compatible with DCS 2.8 .. I will try it and let you know how it works 👍

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

On 12/12/2022 at 5:18 PM, Urbi said:

Since this mod is of great interest and is shown in the description as open source and also contains no copyright notice, I will decide to offer the mod I have edited here. With crazyeddie's statement that no help is coming from the creators and that Luiz Renault was the last post in October, it would be in the spirit of the community. I spent the whole weekend trying to isolate and fix the error. The mod works for me, but I could not fix the error with the display of the edm in the ME on the first selection or when switching from another aircraft to the A-29b. If the A-10 appears in the selection, then move the cursor to a free space in the ME (please make sure that the path selection is set to change). then you switch back to the A-29B and can make the settings for liveries and armament. should a CTD come up, it has to be restarted, but it should then work. When I checked the Luas, I noticed a great deal of confusion. Entries in the loadout.lua that don't belong there and double entries in the A-29B.lua and sometimes as true and sometimes as false. the weapons entries are now in the A-29B.lua, so this is no longer needed. with the note from ED on the page https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/de/support/faq/635/ about the dds format, I converted all png and bmp to dds. all textures are now in one zip, including those of the cockpit. If you now load the cockpit in the MV you will notice the difference. I moved the edm of the cockpit to the Shapes folder and also a lods for the cockpit. I left all liveries in the folder because I also have all description.lua here regarding a new assignment of material entries that affect the a29b_01 texture. I hope I don't get any complaints from the liveries creators here. Since I own a much more powerful PC than most of the users here, I hope that they will be successful with my changes. I wish and hope that there is still a Luiz Renault and that he can respond to this post. Anything could have happened.

Have a good flight Urbi
PS : don't forget to backup first

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sx33g3as0z1jhi0/a-29b-community-main.zip?dl=0

image.jpeg

So much thank you, Urbi!!!

On 12/12/2022 at 4:34 PM, Rudel_chw said:

Thanks a lot for stepping in and try make this User Mod compatible with DCS 2.8 .. I will try it and let you know how it works 👍

Thanks for fixing this Mod, just tried it and so far works perfectly :thumbup: ... by any chance, does anyone have a guide on how to use its Targeting Pod?

RhmguGc.jpg

🙂

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you Urbi! Only thing I could not get to work was the parking brake. I push down the pedals, right click, handle comes out, right click again handle turns and then goes right back to the original unused/unset position. 

I didn’t get to drop or fire ordinance but the 50 calibers work. Previous post stated ordinance works too.

Never had a chance to fly it before your fix as I could not get it to work. Much appreciated!!

Found out with a load-out it can’t maneuver much. Can’t even do a loop. Not sure if the flight characteristics where updated from the generic/default ones the games uses.

Has anybody tried to get a functioning second crew position setup? I am incredibly new to all of this mod business and don't quite fully understand in. From what I have gathered, it has to do with the EFM.  Not quite sure what exactly needs to be where within there. My research continues...

Right now I have it where on MP another person can join, but there isn't a notification that they are requesting to join. Not so much a problem because you can still get it, but you don't have the ability to reject somebody you don't want. Also the animations (prop, flaps, gear, control surfaces) are not synced across joined players in the specific slot. Lastly, I have not been able to request/take control of the aircraft when in the rear seat during MP.  I do have the keyboard commands setup to do so but no action seems to be tied to it at this time.

Screen_230106_092557.png

Edited by Motion_Blurz
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
2023/1/20 PM1点37分,Tommy528说:

Has anyone been able to figure out the FLIR yet?

no,the FLIR shows "unavailable".

2022/12/13 AM4点18分,Urbi说:

Since this mod is of great interest and is shown in the description as open source and also contains no copyright notice, I will decide to offer the mod I have edited here. With crazyeddie's statement that no help is coming from the creators and that Luiz Renault was the last post in October, it would be in the spirit of the community. I spent the whole weekend trying to isolate and fix the error. The mod works for me, but I could not fix the error with the display of the edm in the ME on the first selection or when switching from another aircraft to the A-29b. If the A-10 appears in the selection, then move the cursor to a free space in the ME (please make sure that the path selection is set to change). then you switch back to the A-29B and can make the settings for liveries and armament. should a CTD come up, it has to be restarted, but it should then work. When I checked the Luas, I noticed a great deal of confusion. Entries in the loadout.lua that don't belong there and double entries in the A-29B.lua and sometimes as true and sometimes as false. the weapons entries are now in the A-29B.lua, so this is no longer needed. with the note from ED on the page https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/de/support/faq/635/ about the dds format, I converted all png and bmp to dds. all textures are now in one zip, including those of the cockpit. If you now load the cockpit in the MV you will notice the difference. I moved the edm of the cockpit to the Shapes folder and also a lods for the cockpit. I left all liveries in the folder because I also have all description.lua here regarding a new assignment of material entries that affect the a29b_01 texture. I hope I don't get any complaints from the liveries creators here. Since I own a much more powerful PC than most of the users here, I hope that they will be successful with my changes. I wish and hope that there is still a Luiz Renault and that he can respond to this post. Anything could have happened.

Have a good flight Urbi
PS : don't forget to backup first

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sx33g3as0z1jhi0/a-29b-community-main.zip?dl=0

image.jpeg

The FLIR shows "unavailable".??

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Just noticed that Luiz Renault has released an updated version for DCS 2.8:

https://github.com/luizrenault/a-29b-community#version-052---25-jan-2023

Just tried it and seems to work with no issues 🙂 

NRggEBe.jpg

Yu0uBD2.jpg

... but I still can't guess how to use the FLIR  😞

SArK3GI.jpg

Will test it more completely dirong the next week.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

Hi,

I have been trying to learn how to use the radios to talk to ATC & AWACS & JTAC, as radio support has been added to the A29 ... but so far I'm only able to tune the radios manually ... does anyone know how I can tune a Preset? I select the preset on the UFC, but the frequencies shown on the visor do not change to reflect the preset frequency and the ATC does not answer.

Also, does anyone knows what the P, C, T, H parameter means?

6G11dr9.jpg

Other doubts: I can't seem to be able to un-select the squelch. And now that I see it, how is the NEXT field used?

Regards,

Eduardo

On 1/20/2023 at 1:37 AM, Tommy528 said:

Has anyone been able to figure out the FLIR yet?

I have been playing with it for quite a while now, will try to condense what I have found so far, onto a Guide ... will share it once I have it ready.

On 1/23/2023 at 10:59 PM, Torattacker said:

no,the FLIR shows "unavailable".

That's not an error, you need to power on the FLIR using the  “FLIR Power” binding. It will take 30 seconds to perform its POST, during which there will be no image shown. Thereafter it will display a calibration diagram for 90 seconds, and after that it will be fully operative.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

@Rudel_chw Now that would be really nice. Looking forward to the publishing of the guide.

• Like 1

CPU: Core i7 7700k, Mobo: GA-Z270x Gaming 7 rev. 1, RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz, GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Amp Edition, SSD: Samsung 850 pro 512 GB, SSD: 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 512 GB (RAID 0), Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD, HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black, TrackIR 5, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, CH PRO Pedals.

13 hours ago, irfanahmed1979 said:

... Looking forward to the publishing of the guide.

It may take a bit, as first I'm updating the Cold Start Training mission that I did for this aircraft back on 2021, so that it is compatible with the current version 5.2 of the Mod. I hope to have it ready within this week, and then I will turn onto the FLIR Guide. In the meantime, this is the Cold Start procedure, updated for 5.2 (still missing the radio handling to call ATC). A bit long, but the steps in blue can be ommited. 🙂 

A-29B Cold Start Procedure v5.2.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Johnny Dioxin said:

Can anyone please tell me why the download from DropBox is 1.91GB but the one from GitHub is 251MB?

Does the Github download contain all the textures and liveries?

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

It has a separate download link for the liveries, but even then it comes to well under 1GB in total - 723MB to be exact, for model + liveries.

*after another look, that is probably it - the GitHub model has 46 liveries + paintkit etc, the DropBox one has 81.

Edited by Johnny Dioxin

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

I'm having problems with this add-on. I started the training mission (cold & dark start-up) and though my external view controls worked - no VC view and no other control. I went to the controls UI and reassigned everything, but nothing changed. Restarted, but same deal.

This is with the GitHub download from January (the latest release version linked on GitHub).

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

1 hour ago, Johnny Dioxin said:

I started the training mission (cold & dark start-up) and though my external view controls worked - no VC view and no other control. I went to the controls UI and reassigned everything, but nothing changed. Restarted, but same deal.

This is with the GitHub download from January (the latest release version linked on GitHub).

Hi,

Unfortunately, the Cold Start Training mission is currently obsolete (and probably all the others too), since I edited it with version 1.8 of the Mod and the current GitHub version is 5.2

I'm at the moment updating the Cold Start mission and hopefully will have it ready within the next couple of days .. will share it here as soon as it's working. Afterwards I intend to update the remaining missions .. it can take a fair bit of time because I no longer have access to the synthetic voice used on the original missions, so I'm forced to redo all the voiceovers from scratch 😞 

After all the current missions are updated, I intend to edit a new mission dedicated to FLIR training, but it will take me a while to get there, sorry.

Greetings,

Eduardo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1