AH-1z module

StoOopiD

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Crosshair VIII hero wifi, 3800x w/ Enermax 360 AIO cooler (push-pull), 32gigs DDR4 Ripjaws 3600, Win 10 home on a Plextor PCI-E x4 3gb/s HD, EVGA 2070 Super FTW3 ultra+, Soundblaster Z

Rift S, M$FFB2, CH Pro throttle, Saitek pedals

BS2, A10C, P51D, SPITFIRE, FC3, Uh-1H, F86, Mi-8MTV2, SA342, MIG21-bis, AV8BNA, F14, F16, FA-18C, SUPERCARRIER

AH-1Z for Marine Corps? Serial production started 2010, good luck obtaining documentation avionics flight data, subject matter experts etc.

But some older declassified Cobra would be great for sure.

Edited by bies

• 11 months later...

Forget the Zulu...but we need a Cobra...I'll take any of the others, especially a Whiskey.

This stirs my blood it does...Apache not so much. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad it was produced and happy for all those who wanted it.

For me personally though, it's too modern and too much switchology.

Bring on the Cobra.

• Like 3

On 4/3/2021 at 12:30 PM, Jester986 said:

Not gonna happen, hopefully we can get a Whiskey model.

A Whiskey would be dead sexy. Especially with the Sidewinders, and Sidearms. I really really want to go SAM hunting with sidearms. Give us something from the 90's that could fit in with both the 80's Naval jets that are coming, and the Hornet. I would buy and fly a Whiskey Cobra on day one. 

• Like 1

Said it before, I'd really, really prefer we get an 80s-90s Cobra instead. Either an Army F or a Marines W. AH-64D scratches the modern blufor attack helo itch. 80s to early-mid 90s Cobra would be anothher kind of experience, would fit the most fleshed out DCS period really well, and also would be a great counterpart to the Hind. Besides, they would be a better representative of Cobra's broader service over the world.

• Like 4

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

If they have the docs for Z or W, I think it will be easier to develop a modern attack heli from now on. Because they already did great job with apache. It has lots of sensors, ai george etc. 

We saw that between hornet and viper. Hornet let ED produce viper faster. Apache would let them produce cobra faster too

• Like 1

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

14 hours ago, FlankerKiller said:

A Whiskey would be dead sexy. Especially with the Sidewinders, and Sidearms. I really really want to go SAM hunting with sidearms. Give us something from the 90's that could fit in with both the 80's Naval jets that are coming, and the Hornet. I would buy and fly a Whiskey Cobra on day one. 

The more I think about it, I think my first choice would be a Foxtrot...that way we keep the WHOP WHOP WHOP!! factor. 🙂

I can use it as a stand-in for anything else, including a Marine unit, and can be used in Vietnam era scenarios.

I'll take any of them though.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

The more I think about it, I think my first choice would be a Foxtrot...that way we keep the WHOP WHOP WHOP!! factor. 🙂

I can use it as a stand-in for anything else, including a Marine unit, and can be used in Vietnam era scenarios.

There was a Marine aviation unit stationed at my base for several years. Trust me the Wisky Cobra has plenty of Wop Wop. A foxtrot would be cool too. I'd but both day one. But I really want a Marine chopper, and I really want sidewinders, and sidearms. I personally think that alone would be enough to get more people interested. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, FlankerKiller said:

There was a Marine aviation unit stationed at my base for several years. Trust me the Wisky Cobra has plenty of Wop Wop. A foxtrot would be cool too. I'd but both day one. But I really want a Marine chopper, and I really want sidewinders, and sidearms. I personally think that alone would be enough to get more people interested. 

I think a mid-ish 90s W would also give the option of using either TOWs or laser Hellfires, so the Super Cobra would be a fit for both older and somewhat newer scenarios this way :). And if Sidewinders and Sidearms were indeed an actual possible loadout, it would make it a unique capability even in face of Longbow Apache, Hind, Blackshark 2/3.

I'd be happy with either such a W, or a relatively same vintage F myself 🙂 being a weirdo, I'd even eventually buy them both 😛

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

9 hours ago, WinterH said:

I think a mid-ish 90s W would also give the option of using either TOWs or laser Hellfires, so the Super Cobra would be a fit for both older and somewhat newer scenarios this way :). And if Sidewinders and Sidearms were indeed an actual possible loadout, it would make it a unique capability even in face of Longbow Apache, Hind, Blackshark 2/3.

I'd be happy with either such a W, or a relatively same vintage F myself 🙂 being a weirdo, I'd even eventually buy them both 😛

https://www.newriver.marines.mil/About/Aircraft/AH-1W/q

They were. And for some reason I believe they were used. A mid 90's Wisky would make the most since. Like you said it can basically fly alongside our Apache, or the Hind. More importantly it would fit with the Hornet, and the earlier naval jets that are coming. It would give a very different feeling then the Apache, and have unique mission sets. I honestly think the Wisky makes the most since for another DCS helicopter module. They would have the early 2000's really well covered from most sides. Especially for helicopter aviation. 

12 hours ago, FlankerKiller said:

Yeah - when it comes down to it, Marine CAS missions is what I'd be building, and what I want to fly myself.

• 11 months later...
On 3/23/2022 at 10:46 PM, Gambit21 said:

Ik, late reply, but Id be really interested in getting the Z, not because the other models are worse but more because we have the MI-24 and KA-50 3 but just the AH-64D. also with the announcement of the CH-47, id love to see another bluefor attacker. (especially one that id say is better than the apache). that said, with the BO-105 and the kiowa, some older helos like the W or the F might not be so bad

• Like 1

On 3/24/2022 at 6:47 AM, FlankerKiller said:

absolutely 100%

On 4/3/2021 at 1:22 PM, bies said:

AH-1Z for Marine Corps? Serial production started 2010, good luck obtaining documentation avionics flight data, subject matter experts etc.

But some older declassified Cobra would be great for sure.

Not to be sour but we are getting a Eurofighter Typhoon and we have another guesswork module in the JF-17. There is probably enough for the Z. Whiskey would be awesome too though.

1 hour ago, exhausted said:

Not to be sour but we are getting a Eurofighter Typhoon and we have another guesswork module in the JF-17. There is probably enough for the Z. Whiskey would be awesome too though.

We still have to see how much fidelity the Typhoon will have...

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

30 minutes ago, 5ephir0th said:

We still have to see how much fidelity the Typhoon will have...

Even more - ED stated they would never be able to model Eurofighter if not 3rd party company owned by real life Eurofighter Luftwaffe pilot Gero Finke, named TrueGrit. Let alone EF entered active service in 2006.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/2/2023 at 4:20 PM, exhausted said:

absolutely 100%

indeed Ah1Z is not some black box, like people would think. Theres been a Ah1Z manual dated from 2008 ( preliminary pub) predating its official service of 2010, that has been floating around for years. With the information it contains its basically a equivalent of US army  TM operators manual of the AH64D.

About the only thing superior on the Ah1Z is its PVI ( subjective) and larger more modern displays. remember that Ah1Z didn't get any form of datalink or a longbow radar pod until recently.

Arguably Date of introduction doesn't matter  as much as capabilities do. In that arena the Ah64D is superior in everything with the exception of MFD displays and PVI ( latter is  arguably subjective) and lacking a2a defense capability since Ah1z can shoot Aim9's.

I personally thing the real issue is that Bell are "difficult" to work with with how protectionist they are with thier IP.  ( Perhaps only surpassed by Dassault ), wheras Boeing is much easier to work with from what ive heard, regardless of the platform.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Much, much, much prefer a two-blade W, later 80s or at most mid 90s. Z would be a huge shame and missed oppportunity at giving us a proper late Cold War and early GWOT Cobra, and a very well fitting blue counterpart to our existing Mi-24P.

• Like 2

DCS-Dismounts Script

If its going to be a AH1W I would prefer a early to mid 2000s variant  to allow for ECP 1674 EW suite upgrade. ( which included AAR47 IR missile warning system).

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD