We Want To Hear Your Ideas For A New Map In DCS!

My wish list would include:

1. Vietnam 

2. Join up Caucuses-Syria-Sinai (when available)

🤞

• Like 1

Ryzen 5950X, MSI  RTX 3080TI, 1 TB SSD, 64GB 3600 MHZ DDR4 RAM, Pimax Crystal and 8KX KDMAS. WINWING F16EX Throttle: FSSB-R3-MKII ULTRA Base/TMWH Joystick: DCS: F16C

33 minutes ago, tigayot228 said:

Impossible understand. Try change translator.

I very clear, actual map technology, can not put side to side actual maps, and fly from one to others. We need waiting to  the "whole earth" technology, and the old map can not be exported to them, that has flat, no rounded.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

If only the modding tools were available... taking Assetto Corsa modding philosophy as an example, some mods, depending on their quality, could become official and sold in partnership with ED. Those maps without the quality, well, these can't compete with official sales, whenever they're offered.

This could bring a further level of engagement from the community, increase ED sales and thus incomes and make DCS better as whole without any effort from ED.

How many talented part-time developpers are not discovered because of the lack of opportunities?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

50 minutes ago, ironhard said:

How many talented part-time developpers are not discovered because of the lack of opportunities?

Not many because a DCS map is huge undertaking for a few years daily, not one man off-time job.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

4 hours ago, draconus said:

Not many because a DCS map is huge undertaking for a few years daily, not one man off-time job.

Sorry asking, but how do you know?

Quoting someone else:

"Talk is cheap, show me the code"

Linus Torvalds

• Like 1

ORBX is in on the game, those guys are definitely industrial when it comes to making terrains. I'm sure they could pump out at least two a year without breaking a sweat.

That said, I'd love to see them redo the NTTR map with a killer custom Groom Lake airfield. I'd happily pay for that upgrade. 

• Like 4

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

11 minutes ago, ironhard said:

Oh, ok, so you don't know, you're just repeating.

Yeah, that's how people share their knowledge, now you know too.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

3 hours ago, Beirut said:

ORBX is in on the game, those guys are definitely industrial when it comes to making terrains. I'm sure they could pump out at least two a year without breaking a sweat.

That said, I'd love to see them redo the NTTR map with a killer custom Groom Lake airfield. I'd happily pay for that upgrade. 

That is not MSFS engine and DCS dont use your map building system, ORBX has need to learn a new engine with new SDK tools and start from scratch to build maps, as Ugra Media, RAZBAM, etc

NTTR map has only if ED aprove them, ED get the sources or start to build from the scratch.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Silver_Dragon said:

That is not MSFS engine and DCS dont use your map building system, ORBX has need to learn a new engine with new SDK tools and start from scratch to build maps, as Ugra Media, RAZBAM, etc

NTTR map has only if ED aprove them, ED get the sources or start to build from the scratch.

Even if the codes are different, they have been making craptons of terrains for years on several different platforms. They have a solid team of artists already. I think that gives them an edge. If they jumped into DCS the way they handle the civvy sims, we could see a dozen products a year from them. Unfortunately that probably won't be the case. Be nice to have a big selection. 

• Like 3

Why are you always so negative!
That was NOT his point at all!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Why are you always so negative!
That was NOT his point at all!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

I dont have negative, I put the reality... ED use other map build system, very complex under 3DS MAX. That is not a "magic Wand" to to export maps from one product to other...

You need make many hand work, has no a "texture" with export and get a ready map, and build all your assets to your map on 3DS, none compatible with ED SDK builder.

Other point, ORBX coming with July 2022, and none news has coming from ED newsletter:

Meanwhile, other 3rd parties map creators as Onretech Sinai (appears on 2023 and Beyond video) and Check Six Simulations with Australia has show your map progress, and Ugra Media and RAZBAM working on update, future map modules with news, post and feedback. Where are ORBX? no news on the forums, no comunity news, no posts, no discord, no external forum posta... has very strangle.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Silver_Dragon said:

I dont have negative, I put the reality... ED use other map build system, very complex under 3DS MAX. That is not a "magic Wand" to to export maps from one product to other...

You need make many hand work, has no a "texture" with export and get a ready map, and build all your assets to your map on 3DS, none compatible with ED SDK builder.

Other point, ORBX coming with July 2022, and none news has coming from ED newsletter:

Meanwhile, other 3rd parties map creators as Onretech Sinai (appears on 2023 and Beyond video) and Check Six Simulations with Australia has show your map progress, and Ugra Media and RAZBAM working on update, future map modules with news, post and feedback. Where are ORBX? no news on the forums, no comunity news, no posts, no discord, no external forum posta... has very strangle.

Nothing strange there buddy. They show what and when they want to show. Heatblur hasn't showed the F-4 ever since, but there is no doubt it will be one of the best modules in DCS. You're always way too negative and sometimes too quick to react to what others have to say as if you were the only source of truth.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Silver_Dragon said:

There is no question about exporting maps, I realize the coding is different. My point is that a group of artists with a great deal of experience making flightsim terrains are very likely to be able to adapt quickly enough to give them an edge and be able to produce quality products reasonably -or very - quickly.

• Like 4

• ED Team
2 minutes ago, Beirut said:

There is no question about exporting maps, I realize the coding is different. My point is that a group of artists with a great deal of experience making flightsim terrains are very likely to be able to adapt quickly enough to give them an edge and be able to produce quality products reasonably -or very - quickly.

I agree, same job different tools. I think Orbx will do great and I hope to see much more from them. 

• Like 1

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

18 minutes ago, Daerchanar said:

Nothing strange there buddy. They show what and when they want to show. Heatblur hasn't showed the F-4 ever since, but there is no doubt it will be one of the best modules in DCS. You're always way too negative and sometimes too quick to react to what others have to say as if you were the only source of truth.

Sure, I got to shut up.... "facepalm"

1 minute ago, Silver_Dragon said:

Sure, I got to shut up.... "facepalm"

Nothing personal, I usually enjoy reading your posts. You seem to really dig DCS. But sometimes you're lack of humbleness make you look like you're gatekeeping.

• Like 4